Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Sound GT3 911
    [video]http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/essais/porsche/porsche_911_gt3_r_hybrid/%28galerie%29//%28media%29/video/%28video%29/65881[/video]
    2eme ->

That little reproduce this kind of counter?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I'm not sure I get your meaning. Either way, I don't know if you can compare the sounds of a real car with one from a game.

3. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

I do not compare the sound, but the sound add Darche has nothing to do with the actual sound of braking.
    It should not exist
    What I mean is where does this sound :)

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I guess we're talking about a different sound here.

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

A little less acute is his would be perfect

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Sorry if am wrong, but, doesnt have the ALMS 997 KERS from Williams? GT3s dont have KERS, but im sure that there is some class of 997 that does, i saw a document about it

(that could be the sound)

7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

The sound of the deceleration and braking are not the same
    Just listen to the braking output pit on video Poznan or this video of the 997 GT3 RS on the North

There phase deceleration and braking and then there's this should not be

8. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

9. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

It's definitely NOT the brakes. The sound is only there when you ease off the gaspedal. A tiny amount of gas and the sound disappears altogether. I'm 100% sure it comes from the clutch or gearbox.

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Some intense league racing:

Started 5th after reversed grid in this second race (finished 4th in first race). 25 minutes of intense racing to end again 5th after long and close fights, at the same time lots of drivers also fighting around me... and my best one is last minutes fighting for 5th against a driver who destroyed his soft tires in last 3 laps.

EDIT: B382, no roll overs, this car is AWESOME, maybe BEST car by far to do online racing, every race is enjoyable and has fights from first to last lap, and from first to last position.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It is a bug in the sfx file, it's coasting transmission whine which is bugged, it is also bugged in the power transmission whine... The gear whine is disappearing in 5th and 6th, so some values in the sfx are wrong - in the trasmission whine section...
    It'll be fixed when the Darche is updated.

Also make sure when you find real-world videos, please don't compare a GT3 RS street car with a GTE RSR full blown race car...

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

13. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

Brabham BT20 Vs Monaco '66
    A couple of laps starting from the box, the first in 1:24.7, the second in 1:24.6:

I wanted to use a camera view where there was visible also the driver's head (to give the idea of a real onboard), but the mirror in this view doesn't work (and not only that), it was grey, too bad to see, so I did it manually, with a second recording for it.. the hard part was to synchronize the whole, almost frame by frame.. if I look back, madness! XD
    Then I worked a bit on the color and i removed a bit of sharpness to give at the video a bit of old style.. the final result is not exactly as I wanted, and on youtube the video lost part of the original quality, anyway hope you like :)

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I do ;)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It seems that you still liking the Historic F1 Barone! try to make it in black-and-white next time

16. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

Thx :D
    nah is not so old, they used the colors also before the '60 ;)

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

You're really fast with the Brabham. You should (or anyone interested in the historic formula cars) join us at www.simracers4life.com we're racing the EVE/Spark F1 atm but will probably move to Brabham next season

Btw.. here's a video I made last year, from round 7 at Nordschleife. Forgive my noobish video editing... it was my first time and the adobe premiere pro trail expired so I couldn't improve ;)
    I also had some serious performance issues with the track at the time.. hope it looks okay.

And the hotlap for pole position :p

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This video shows a lot of physics brilliance coming from the RFactor 2 engine.

The car is extrememly alive and sensitive but because of your great skill you make the car look relatively stable and simple to drive. No plowing understeer, no flailing around all over the place oversteer, no massive low speed grip problems, no icy physics, no "tyres made out of marbles".

I think videos like that show that most of the people with these complaints are just lacking either the talent or feel (or both), and they themselves are making the car do all those things they complain about.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  19. cosimo

cosimo Registered

To be fair, it's not that easy to drive these beasts. I joined SR4L for this season having never driven the EVE and it took me almost a year and I still suck, though much less :)

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

totally agreed Spinelli you & I seem to share the same views on a lot of things

these ISI historic cars are amongst just a few which are the very best in all of sim racing