Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Well if this is your first creation i suppose you would like some feedback.
    The FPS of the recorded video is very bad, the picture is not smooth at all, making it very unpleasant to watch, especially in fullscreen. And.. there is no idea in the video? only a recorded replay that is slown down with added music, you need to try harder :) But please, please do keep trying :)

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Had some fun on ISR server last night, i thought i had recorded the full race but Nvidia shadow play stop recording after 10 minutes :(

3. cluj

cluj Registered

The idea was a slow-mo with music, without more pretensions, the problem as well you mention is the lack of smoothness, at its normal speed video looks good but to put it in slow motion... I'll have to continue learning, thanks for the feedback ;)

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Another video I can't watch. :( I wish I could give you some feedback on this one since I was thinking about doing the same thing. A lap in slowmo. But then I thought it would be pretty boring to watch.
    Did you record the footage in slowmo or did you use Vegas to slow down the clip?

5. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

if you want slow mo video, and you dont have the neccessary frame rate, you gonna have to record the replay in slow mo (hold DOWN arrow when playing the replay)

6. dbpFobz

dbpFobz Registered

On-board race edit from the Race2Play FKR Clio Cup Lime Rock Park round.

There's action early on, a spell of me just trying to close down the leader and then a battle for the win that hots up around the 9 minute mark with a pass that felt oh so sweet!

7. cluj

cluj Registered

Captured with Fraps to normal speed and then apply the slow-mo with vegas, don't have a bad framerate 80/100 @1920 * 1080 I try to record directly in slow-mo, greetings and thanks for the tips guys :)

8. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

the frame rate of recorded video is 30 (or 60 if you deliberately set fraps to it) that is why you need to record it slow mo and than in vegas alter the speed of play to whatever you want

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try to capture at 60, render to 30, play clips at half speed for slo-mo

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

If you overlap the end of one clip with the start of the next, Vegas will auto crossfade for you :)

11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Nice vid..
    Quick question. ..how do you turn the hud off but keep the linear track map open in the bottom left hand corner?
    I turned the hud off but that also turned the map thing off...unless I hit another key by mistake

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

using the numbers above the letter part of keyboard (American numbers), not the numpad numbers, you can switch off/on individual parts of HUD or in case of mirrors, change their mod

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Cheers...I guess I must have knocked one by mistake. ..I just assumed that map was part of the hud

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Try this http://www.vidproxy.com/

15. cluj

cluj Registered

Again many thanks to all for the tips, I promise back here soon with a video worthy of this forum :)

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Vegas settings are the first stop though Cluj. a good profile on rendering does magic and there are a allot of things that could be right/wrong so render tests (small portions of a vid) will be helpful.
    ( I found .wmv to be the best format to render+youtube)

As for slo-mo's, haven't done rf2 video's yet but in rf1 it would help to first let a replay play (flick through it with fast forward) so it would be loaded properly, then go back and start taking scenes. framerate will be a bit better.

And as said, record slo-mos in rf2, you could even alter the speeds of the motion in your plr file (if that's still there)
    But sometimes certain scenes can also easily be slowed in vegas (crtl+drag the edge of a clip outward) with little side effects. the more you slow it the more the framerate drops but sometimes you just want that second of slowing down instead. would not recommend doing it for an entire replay-clip though :p

18. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

trying the last build at Loch Drummond, very nice track that i didn't know, with the G4, my favorite car on rF2.. opening laps, AI set to 115%, best time 1:22.9:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  19. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Clios at Mid Ohio

Nothing amazing, but thought I would add to the thread.
    A few laps in the clio against AI

20. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Just for the record, I enjoyed your video even though there were some issues. :)