Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

In that way, I will be interested (and I think other modders too) to get tutorials in this forum, starting from an authorized existing track you want to improve on the elements you mentioned to get it better and know how to reach this quality you showed.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ambient, light...sky? None of those are up to artists. :)

This means you were talking mostly about assets; in this specific case textures (because that's what you changed in those shots) - and this is why I can't really see anything magic in those pictures. I see low res grass tilers with cheap looking 3D grass. This is working pretty good with AC because the Kunos engine and postFX they are using in the pipeline, but in rF2 they looks bad on my eyes, because of our "RAW" output.

As for other mats I see pretty standard sets there. Everything else it's not that special in terms of details, TSOs, terrain painting and texture res. Again, can't see any unlocked potential anywhere in those shots. It's just because people loves that place, but talking facts, there's nothing magic.

Sorry to be that bad guy being honest with you. :)

3. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

No ofense but I wasn't able to understand if you were talking serious or being ironic...

If you followed my work in

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18859-Tired-of-ugly-tracks-in-a-2014-game

or

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22806-Milagres-Karting-Circuit-WIP

You should be able to see that I already shared some textures and most recently a Road texture generator. Everything else, I've always helped everyone that asked for it so people just need to ask if are not able to get the desired quality...

A full tutorial to a complete track isn's something that we do in a couple of hours. Milagres was my first scratch made project with 3ds Max and everything I did I had to learn from videos on youtube... It took me a lot of hours to do just the pit building, and the double of that to find, mix, achieve the good textures from real ones that I have so, ther'e not such "Full tutorial" that explains everything.

To convert 99% of the times we still need to improve textures a lot or even replace the old ones and that requires the same that that we spend in scratch made projects... it needs a capable 3d editor as 3ds max and all the knowledge associated... Quick convertions to achieve good results simply does not exist!

4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Seriously? Do you, at least, follow the small thiings that I've did in last years in rf2?
    Do you really think that I don't know the diference between high defition textures and the textures that you are talking?

This is what I've posting for the last couple of years,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or this
    [​IMG]
    from this
    [​IMG]

Except the grass that I didn't touche in the last picture everyting was made from scratch, watching or reading tutorials, etc, and that made me able to value who are able to do it from scratch too.

Everything I know (that is not too much) was achieve investing hundreds of hours in that because professionaly I'm very far from this kind of work but, even then, I'm able to identify what is poor, medium, and high quality stuff.

The definition of texture you are talking about are really bad as you say but, I was talking about how colors match with each other when you're driven, because there's a big diference between drive or keep the car stopped to watch the landscape and I'm prety sure that you'll have hard times trying to find a track that look better than the shots that I've posted while driving. Yet again our standards can be diferent and there's nothing wrong with that.

:)

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Nuno, it's you who started saying you were able to unlock magics from gM2 and raise the bar. Not me.

You should be able to understand this is a BIG statement which sounds pretty arrogant for everyone, modders, community and ISI. Especially in this case, using Kunos materials.

Also you did that using ripped materials which is kinda double burnout.

I never said anything sterile and negative about your work, nor I EVER said anything sterile and negative about ANYONE job. Not sure what you are expecting from me with you posting your assets. If you are still asking me to agree you unlocked something magic from gMotor, sorry, no you don't. If you are asking if you did nice textures, yes, you did nice textures. Do you see the difference here buddy?

First rule for a good artist is to avoid egotrips. Do your own, enjoy and share. That's it.

6. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Was not intended to be taken as arrogant as I said before, was just to keep as motivation.

But even more important, I wouldn't care with graphics if rF2 wasn't, for me, the best sim outthere as full package, keep that in mind ;)

But I guess we are done with this matter :).

Happy new 2017! (Felling like end of 2015 and 2016 will run out too fast so :p)

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Totally serious, I'm not in track domain, and I'm interested by these tips/information (and I follow your posts to try to understand/catch information)

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Cops at Longford " Midnight Free-Roam Madness"

:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  11. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

work in progress Gurney Eagle skin for the BT-20...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

13. Miguel Cardoso

Miguel Cardoso Registered

thanks ISI for the best simulator ever created :cool:

[​IMG]