Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice shot D

Nice shots Hedlund

:)

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The updated 1979 cars were looking nice, stunning cockpits too on a couple of the cars. It would have been awesome to see it revived.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am afraid it is. :)

No HDR night is bright like an illuminated football stadium.

ISI issue not the track.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Zandy has palm trees?

9PM

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Apparently yes... At least one. Don't know if realistic or not :p

I meant the first 5 pics you posted. Can't be night? The sky is blue? :eek:

6. matf1

matf1 Registered

That's right, but nor are they black and white.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Personally Hedlund I think it is more to the Longford climate and dry hazy season, signage is weathered.

AS I pointed out longtime ago as well, look at 1960s the colour palette was pretty thin.

Somewhere like Longford, well most 1960s tracks had cleaner air so haze from things like say Gum Tree Eucalyptus at Australian circuits is more distinct.

Longford does not get that sort of impact or colour but it is still noticeable on cleared land with some big strands of Gum Trees.

Maybe he just did it for the Preview, maybe it is my monitor profile and photofiltre I use.

" It's damn something !@! " ...........he says. hehehe

I dunno you have to ask woochoo :)

When you going to get in room mate, we swap door handles in C6 nightmoves :cool:

[​IMG]

Room crashes with cops, no one likes them do they ?

loool p

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, the Netherlands are full of Palm trees.

:p

9. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I assume HDR is off on these pics as well? Looks great even without it.

10. Remik

Remik Registered

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

DD's Longford test room... fun to be had for realz! ;)

Some good policing:

[​IMG]

D lighting it up:

[​IMG]

Surely, that isn't a police cruiser under water... is it??

[​IMG]

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Updated as in the rF2 version, or updated as in the rF2 version has been recently updated??

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

LOL

:cool:

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

" All cars be on the lookout for a Black Honda NSX stop Occupant armed and dangerous stop Extreme Force Authorized stop "

:p

Great shots H.

16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Armed with NSX and dangerous?

I like the door logo saying "rFactor 2 police" :p

17. Some1

Some1 Registered

Hm, the reflections look wrong to me. There is still something wrong with envmap rendering...

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Is that easy to fix? Sorry, I'm just a mere mortal with no insight into modding. :)

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Lower part of cubemap is empty, so any shot of vertical surface from slightly above will reflect this relatively bright emptiness.
    You simply see what sky shader renders below earth level :)

But even if there was road reflected it would still look wrong - perhaps even worse. The problem with reflected obects is that they use simplified shaders. Usually they can't reproduce the actual appearance of object.
    Just consider this - you have an object using DIFFUSTT0XT1 shader and two textures in your material. When rendering to cubemap, for performance reasons, engine will use simpler shader - let's day DIFFUSET0 and obviously feed only one of textures to it. This changes appearance of object (brightens it, as it's no longer modulated by second texture). I don't think I have to describe how much trouble will simplified shader have with reproducing real road appearance :)

Additionally, this simplified shader does not support shadows. So if car is standing in shadow, it's standing on darker road, while road seen in it's reflection will be lit by sunlight.

I've reported it over 2,5 years ago (LINK) but the issue has been archived.
    I haven't reposted it, since ISI seem to have their hands full with other stuff.

This is one of issues I have on my list of things that need to be sorted out, before I can work on shader pack. I just don't like developing something if I know it's doomed to work with bad input to begin with. There are some other things, but I'm not posting them either, for the same reason mentioned above.

It's not really a fix, but a change.
    It's possible to do with reasonable effort. I even proposed such a solution to ISI back in 2012, but it seems they're focused on other things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  20. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Good news. The roads, gutters/kerbs, and painted lines aren't included in refmap0 (car reflection/cubemap) for the test version. They are included in the yet-to-be-released official 0.97 release.
    It was a semi-deliberate implementation of test-version crippleware. It was all setup and working, but sometime not long afterwards i had a whole bunch of objects loose their reflection plane references, so i ditched the separate refmap0 while fixing the reflectedenv (wet road reflections). I decided not to fiddle with it again before the test release. I don't really think it was related to the other issue, but after re-fixing the other stuff I'd just had enough and wanted to release the test.

As a bit of a gap filler, my horizon mesh has a black base, forming a cup shape. It is lit by the lighting so it's more grey than black, so that's why the lower areas are grey rather than sky colour.

So, for the official/stable/public release, now it's only simplified reflection shaders (as described by K), which isn't my problem :p

Also hex, some nice vibe is those screenshots. Really nice. but I wish someone turned the road reflections on :p
    (and the trees look a lot less clunky with transparancy AA turned on)

(and please no one say it's too foggy - i spent a total of roughly five mins and one or two iterations immediately prior to release, having not used it through the dev process - it's tuned much better for the proper release)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014