Community Screenshots Thread (Unedited Screens Only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

[​IMG]

Build 767 64bit.

datasting likes this.
  2. Justy

Justy Registered

Now that's impressive! :)

3. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

looks like traffic jam to me. I hate them ;)

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Now that is a race.

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

Would you like some track with your cars, sir? Or maybe some police lights and sirens? XD

6. Rik

Rik Registered

More fps with 32 bits?

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

Clio, older model (lower quality maybe), single car model on track, a bunch of skins.

URD, highly detailed models, 5 or 6 cars, lots of skins.
    Would be great to see it done with the same cars.

8. Rik

Rik Registered

good point. I had not paid attention to this aspect. :eek:

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I don't believe we see a big improvement with the new 64bit build in terms of fps. I tried the same scene today with a modified cam file (reduced clip planes and LOD multiplier) and the frames per second went up from 9 to 35 without any visible loss in quality. Optimization is the key especially with large amounts of AI cars.
    In cockpit view with 20 cars visible there is almost no difference in fps between 20 or 95 AI cars.

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep, I know that there is expected to be no performance increase. Just hopefully no more crashes when running Nords with a billion AI haha. Or running cars and tracks with some very big texture reso's.

11. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Maybe it depends on your hardawre. I have huge performance boost with 64bit build. From mid/low settings with 15 visible cars to maxed out with 15 visible cars playble with no problems.

12. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yep, I would say that is unrelated to the build itself and the changes made. The most likely case is something was just off with your setup/computer/software before, and with the new unstable build, things have started to work correctly for once. With those specs, something had to be oddly off, as noone should expect a game to not be playable. If we take your performance as being a correctly functioning copy of rF2, then noone is going to be able to run it well, heh XD

I've had some really weird things happen, mainly revolved around my CCC profiles though. Just having an rF2 profile in the list was seemingly giving me random frame drops, even though no settings were different from the application defaults. Things can go weird like that sometimes.
    Biggest boost I had was the new ATI drivers, crazy big boost. That's where I went to running on max settings with super smooth framerates.

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

[​IMG]

Time of a day seems to be similar. Maybe 1 h each direction. But is HDR profile the same?

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

No. The URD pic has automated hdr, the pic with the clios has a custom profile. I don't like to much contrast (especially the almost black trees) at noon. Tree billboards should have more ambient light. On the other hand the specular reflections are much better with the auto hdr.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I agree. Contrast is big on pic from 767. However it looks a bit more lively, everything is just sharper looking. Cars looks great on that pic. Shadows indeed do make trees look almost black in the shade. Still overall look is better on pic from 767 compared to a bit "foggy" 660.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  16. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

767 image looks much, much better to me.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It does, doesn't it? However issues that come up while driving at night are still there. Those dark-purple patches and edges are still present in my instalation of 767. That makes night driving a bit off putting. It will be fixed, I'm sure of that but we won't get many good looking screenshots from night races anytime soon unfortunately.

Asking Devs right now: Can we expect this glitch to be fixed in near future? I would be over the moon to hear anything positive about that since I love endurance races and driving at night that comes with it. :)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Big +1 from me on this issue... it`s been around for some time now and it really could do with being sorted up. :)

19. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Build 767 rFactor2 64 bits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This issue is related to HDR implementation in rF2 - it introduces errors for near zero values. By the looks of it, it probably happens when color is processed in some other domain than RGB.