First impression build 339

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Tosch, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Some1

Some1 Registered

I'm not sure, if it is the bloom, since the same bug appears without bloom as well.

2. JWE

JWE Registered

- FPS is better for me
    - Great to have mirrors in other cameraviews!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

turned off both reflection settings and got back twenty+ fps. So I'm back to averaging 80's on most ISI tracks.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Tire smoke and rain spray are no longer tied to the special effects settings. :cool:
    Always present, cool stuff!

5. JWE

JWE Registered

Problem with making screenshots in .png-format is fixed. Only mirrors on the screenshots are to white, almost like a negative.

6. jayblue

jayblue Registered

This build has made the graphics substantially better for me. Reflections are working, the textures all appear sharper and the lighting is improved. The new particle effects are great and i don't remember noticing the suspension in the F1 car oscillate over kerbs and under load like it does now in previous builds. The release notes make no mention of changes to the tyre model or FFB - has either been changed? Both feel better to me, RF2 has never felt so good to drive.

FPS were initially lower compared to build 300. Then i tried turning off reflections and my FPS are better than ever. Strangely though with environment reflections turned off i still get them on the bodies of the cars, in windows etc, but with better FPS than turning them on? Also in the car selection menu (set to list view) the list of mods only appears correctly after i expand one of the car groups. I noticed there is no rain spray from AI cars too.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

When you turn environment reflections off, the gfx engine creates a reflection map every 10-20 seconds (drive around in hood view, you will notice when the reflection map changes). When you turn reflections on, the gfx engine creates 30 (or more) reflection maps every second.

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

all info is welcome, but I feel its better to use only ISI car/track combo's to highlight it. Otherwise one can never be sure whether its a ISI or MOD problem.

9. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Its still there , just less.

10. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Thanks for the explanation, didn't quite understand your opening post in this thread which mentioned this. It's a good new feature to help keep FPS higher without massively compromising visuals!

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Tires seem different to me also, haven't figured out why yet. Yet, if it is placebo, I shall accept the different feel.

12. paarma

paarma Registered

- Meganes still has heat haze bug with external cameras but cockpit is fine. Clios dosent have this bug.
    - lost about 4 fps. 48->44 in one lap average during 20 AI race.

All test done in Loch Drummond, 20 AI, Megane and max settings.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

lost maybe 20 fps (but I still have plenty, avarage went from 90 to 70 fps, Howstons at Loch Drummond). I could imagine though that T5 in Blackwood wouldn't be satisfactory anymore...

had 16 AI, visible AI set to 20, replay recording on, AA transparency=0 (if that matters)

I have shadows high and optimal, videos off, others maxed/on, 1080p, HDR on, single screen.

Nice work with dust effects and improved replay fidelity (I saw suspension movement).

Now I just want this stuff with stable tag :p

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Quick report...

As others have said, the graphics do seem to be slightly better, a little sharper and a bit more "crisp".

With reflections on I do have a fps hit, quite big at certain places on certain tracks, I`ve only tested so far with reflections on low so I`ll test later with them off. I seem to be getting a bigger fps gain with mirrors off with UB339 than I did with stable b300 too.

The lighting (exposure?) seems to be slightly better too although when I take a screen, in sunny clear conditions between 11:00 and 14:00 (for eg) the levels are still very low, if I wanted the screen to be "perfectly" exposed I`d have to alter the levels a bit for sure... rf2 still seems to be a little dark/overcast even in clear, sunny conditions when I don`t think it should be.

I too have noticed the car selection bug (list view too) as mentioned by jayblue... it seems like only half of the cars I have installed show up until I go to select one then they all appear as they should...

Nice to the tyre smoke/dirt etc looking better, much more relaistic now imo and I hope these things will still improve.

I too still have the oil patch bug when driving at night time and I`m still getting the purple blotches on dark surfaces (tyres, cockpits, dark body work) too... and that`s after calibrating my monitor and lowering the Gamma setting...

I tested at Loch Drummond with the Megane`s and also at Sebring with the Endurance Racing X mod...

Tonight I`ll test only ISI content and report back.

All in all, although I`ve only done a small amount of testing so far, I like the way this build has taken rf2. There`s work to be done yet but it`s heading in a good direction for sure. :)

15. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Hey tjc,

can you test this hdr profile for Loch Drummond? All settings are the same but bloom is disabled.

View attachment LOCHDRUMMOND_LONGREALISTIC_CLEAR_NoBloom.zip

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey Tosch...

Yeh, I`ll test it out later and report back.

What differences etc should I be looking for or what do you think this HDR profile will change?

The purple "blotches" issue?

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Yep. I see this sometimes when I edit hdr profiles and they disappear when I disable bloom.

18. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Is this the problem with car shadows not being rendered at certain distances? Seems to still be a problem for me.

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The visibility of shadows depends on many factors.
    -The ingame shadow quality settings
    -The lod setting of the shadow caster
    -The "MaxShadowRange" in scn file
    -The "MaxShadowRange" in cam file
    -The LODMultiplier in cam file
    -The Clip Planes in cam file

I have no idea which of these parameters are in use and which not, but a lot of converted tracks just use a unmodified rF1 cam file and it is easy to improve the shadows by increasing the shadow ranges.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Tosch... I just did a quick test with the no bloom HDR profile and the EGT mod (Bayro`s etc) and sadly I`m still getting the purple blotches/oily patches, especially in cockpit view. The cars without the cockpits done yet really show it up.

I`ll get some screens if you want.