triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I had triple monitors:

+ inmersion (for me ... it was 0) {this can be a personal problem, I have amblyopia}
    - bezels
    - image cutting (even adjusting bezel corection, angles etc, ...)

I left triple monitors quickly, dual monitor, is the same, bezels, image cutting, .
    Before getting a dual monitor setting, I prefer that new 21:9 monitors, they are a good choice.

For dual monitors, I think that windows can put them together without any aditional configuration (surrond/eyefinity) if they have the exact same resolution. Dual monitors works perfectly with HUD in rF2, it uses both screens, and not only the center one, dual monitors are easier to configure and have less compatibility problems.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Is there still no adjustment option for side monitor angles? (multiview 45 degrees default?)
    Is it normal that the hud goes under the bezels, is there a fix for that?

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Currently yes 45 degrees is locked, I think you can edit a file though, not sure

Are you using the bezel compensation with your supplied graphics card software? This would cause things to shift while in game.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Its not locked to a screen angle of 45 degrees. The in-game FOV, your screens angle, and the distance from your eye to the monitor all make a difference.

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Thanks for the replies.

I have the FOV setup as close to "perfect" as possible, which comes down to 26.7 degrees as the measurements currently stands. For some odd reason I just cant get the side monitor angle correct, unless I actually move the monitors, which I'm reluctant to do.

The bezel correction; I did have the resolution set as the bezel corrected one from the nvidia surround (~5990 x 1080) in rFactor2, how do I bezel correct in the game with 5760 x 1080 and avoid the hud issue?

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

not possible ATM what I know so far.

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Lack of the triple screen settings is atm. the biggest issue I can come up with this game.
    The promised adjustments honestly can't come fast enough, it is actually that bad if you are not using the cookiecutter 45 degrees.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not 45 degrees. It might be flogging a dead horse somewhat for people to keep saying that, but it's the truth. 45 degrees will only work for one specific FOV based on your screen size and distance. More likely than not 45 degrees isn't correct for your setup; but yes, you will have to move the screens (though really it should just be a case of pointing them directly at you in your normal driving position) for it to look right. This all assumes the centre screen has correct FOV, because otherwise all bets are off.

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

It is 45 degrees... if I put correct calculated FOV (in my case 25.7) and put the side screens "correctly" AKA 90 degree angle from my line of sight when I look at the side monitors, in that case it is as close to natural as possible with rF2/rF1/GSC, and it is indeed at 45 degree angle in relation to the main screen.

Play with it as much as you want, but till there is an adjustment option for the side screen angle, this is the only way you can get it to look good.
    Personally I like the "wrap around" method with my monitors, and since I have the middle screen set as close as I do, it makes more sense to do so.
    I do not want to use 45 degree side monitor angles, but as it seems, if I want to play rF2 with triples, I'm SOL for now.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you had larger screens (or had them closer) and pointed them all towards you, it would be more than 45 degrees. If it happens that your screen size and position is such that they are at 45 degrees when pointing directly toward you, then ok, it's 45 degrees for you. I thought you were making the mistake of thinking rF2 somehow forces it to 45 degrees. Sorry about that.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

No, I do get that many things affect the matter of screen angles, but I suppose I did throw that 45 around like its the end of the world, so no sorrys necessary.
    My issue just happens to lie at the 45 degree angle, and me moving the monitors becomes more of a hinderance than its worth so... I'll just whine and keep waiting for the update, till I can't take it anymore and move the damn rig/monitors, and move them back after the update. :eek:
    [​IMG]

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

For the 9 millionth time - it's not 45 degrees.

My ISI based sims take 2 seconds to setup multiview in. You already, or should already, have bezel compensation setup in your graphics card control panel. So you basically just click "multiview", then depending on your in-game FOV, your screen's angles, and the distance from your eyes to the screen, the game may look perfect or may not.

Then all you need to do is move your chair a few inches forward or backwards, or adjust the monitor angles, and within mins the dash and everything in game will look perfectly straight.

It's way simpler and way quicker than the AC style with 4 separate sliders. I am still messing around with all the sliders in AC 6 months later, sometimes things look good, other times things like mirrors and such look distorted (like when you forget to check-off multiview in ISI based sims), other times things just look off, where as in ISI based sims it literally took 2 mins.

Not to mention that in ISI based sims we still get the freedom to decide our own FOV which is a MUST for me because my perfect 1:1 with real-life FOV (based on screen size, distance from eye to screen) is 17.5 degrees, but who the heck wants to play with that low of a vertical FOV (well unless I had 5 monitors, does anyone know if multiview supports 5 monitors?)? There is hardly any peripheral vision at 17.5 degrees, even with multiview and triple screens, so I compromise and use 25.

I'd say IRacing does it the best, it allows you to choose the ISI style where you can choose your own FOV, or the AC style where the game forces you to use a given FOV depending on the measurements you enter. The best of both worlds :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  13. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

This is why I use TrackIR.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unless, like Golanv, your vFOV is around 26° and you have 16:9 screens. :)

26.2° vFOV equates to 45° hFOV, which would mean your side screens do point at 45°. But again that's assuming 16:9 and that 26.2° is correct; change either of those and it's a different figure.

But absolutely, completely, not even a shadow of a doubt, rF2 doesn't force it to any particular angle, 45° or otherwise. Horizontal FOV is derived from screen aspect ratio and vertical FOV. Otherwise it would be drawing the same area twice or completely skipping some areas as you adjusted FOV.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That's incorrect unless you include the perfect eye-to-monitor distance to compliment that combination of in-game FOV and monitor angle.

There is no set monitor angle based just on your FOV because the distance from your eye to the monitor will affect the whole thing as well.

It's a combination of the in-game FOV, monitor angles and distance from eye to the monitor. Set your FOV and monitor angles to what you suggested above and you'll see that It's only the perfect setting when your eyes are at a certain distance from the monitor; move your head closer or further from the monitor and you will see distortion again in which case you would have to adjust the angles of your monitors, move your head back/forward, or change the in-game FOV.

There is no perfect monitor angle for a set in-game FOV UNLESS you include the eye-to-monitor distance as well. You have to include all 3 variables.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what I meant by "and that 26.2° is correct".

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry, I must have read it wrong; I didn't realize that the "26.2"" was referring to the eye-to-monitor distance. My apologies :)

18. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I don't know about your setup but it would be something of a mission for me to move my seat closer to the monitors without having a problem with my pedals and wheels being to close. Also, it's not so easy for me to change my monitor angle, in fact it's impossible. Do it in minutes as well?

I have a feeling thats why the other racing sims allow you to set your monitor size, view distance and monitor angle. I much prefer doing that by typing in numerical values or sliders over getting the welder out and changing my rig.

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

New build 770 is out and multiview/triple screen etc. is not updated or fixed.

There are so many of us who has used loads of money to triple screen/SLI/Gossfire etc. but ISI don`t mind they let us suffer with low FPS, stutters etc. and don`t think that this is important at all
    I have also been spamming many topic`s here in forums to get some information if multiview/triple screen is going to bee updated or not and there is no proper answer from ISI staff.
    Joe Campana wrote few months back that he is working with something similar like iRacing has.

What I like to know if work is still going on and if, when it is going to happen?

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yes me too ! I'm a very patient person and can understand that my priorities does not match them from ISI but nothing ? No statement, no reaction to all the questions ??
    IMO it is not fair to let us complete in the dark with this topic.

Here is a link to a thread I has started in the technical section. I've asked ISI multiple times in my post's but still no reaction.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...I-Is-this-inte?p=289763&viewfull=1#post289763