triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Can you let me know your frame rates the next time you are able to check? I have a similar PC to yours so I'm curious about that as well.

I'm wondering if I was messing around with NVI months ago and something there is affecting this... I need to fire it up and check my settings too.

2. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I'm locked at 120 fps.

3. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I wish that there would be bezel correction options (like in iRacing or AC) or that UI scaling would appear (iRacing has both) so that the UI would fit on my center screen. Can't see the bloody FPS counter unless I run without a bezel corrected resolution which then makes the side screens not line up with the center screen (ie: weird happening with tires being split funny and not lining up on open wheelers and the like).

4. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

+100

5. rwkeating

rwkeating Registered

I agree that bezel correction is needed. Don't they every test/run with triple screens? You would think by now this would be a standard feature in all true racing sims.

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Proper triple screen support is needed greatly. ISI knows this for sure, but for now I run without bezel correction do to problems you stated above I rather have things a little off than deal with an off center UI and on screen icons

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

With SLI + HDR + multiview? Damn....

8. stonec

stonec Registered

From last developer Q&A:

Q: Any plans to have proper support for Triplescreen? (angle, distance, bezel etc…)
    A: Yes. I (Joe) am currently working on a complete setup for triple screen including arbitrary angles between screens, bezel correction, and proper FOV based on distance to screens.

Well, this was from last August so seems not much is happening on this front.

9. BlaringFiddle5

so strange - when AC tech preview was first released, it lacked triple screen setup - one of their guys added it in less than 24 hours. I suppose it depends on flexibility of back end.

10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

nice find ;)

11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

That would be perfect. ..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

12. lolek

lolek Registered

Hi Spinelli. The LG monitor i'm interested in has 75Hz and 5ms response time (grey to grey). You thnik the difference with faster TN 120Hz will be noticeable? I don't think I will have with gtx 780 (full details) more than 75 p/s

13. lolek

lolek Registered

Maybe Tim knows something about Triplescreen support for RF2? Tim, please comment.

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Jeez... I've been playing with settings, did a fresh install. I can't get above 30 fps. i5 3750K and 2 x GTX 670 SC 4 GB, it should be similar performance as you. I'm at a loss to explain my lack of performance with SLI+multiview+HDR. Maybe there's something different with the 700 series card's drivers?

15. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

i will try multiview when i get home

16. Magus

Magus Registered

I struggle with HDR-Sli-multiview too using 680 4GB's, even with latest build and drivers. I tried playing with multi disabled but HDR enabled but gave up as just couldn't adapt to the FOV.

17. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Wow. Just tried Multiview with new 780ti. Back of the grid Malaysia dropped from 100FPS (no multi) to 60FPS (multi). Around T1 85FPS (no multi) drops to 55. It can run above 60 most of the lap, but no thanks... I'm hooked on high FPS! With no multiview, half way around the first lap, amidst a 21 car train, I run between 105-125 dwelling mostly in 115-120 range. Once it thins out it averages even higher.

Magus, I'm sure you've tried all the FOV threads/posts. You run something like 25-28 degrees right? You really can't adapt to that? It should look totally natural. Edit: Of course keep your monitors in a straight line.

18. Magus

Magus Registered

Yeah that is my problem, I spent a few hour reorganising the space I have but unfortunately could not get them to be completely straight. At best it was around 20 degrees and finally decided to go back to Multiview without HDR.

19. BlaringFiddle5

WTF - I get 60fps with nVidia GTX 680 - triples + multiview ... Do you have the adaptive quality fps thingy checked? I don't run max settings either.

20. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Do not have adaptive checked. Another strange thing i get now is changing res from 5040x1050 to 4320x900 gets me no fps gain.