triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The vertical FOV to have a true-to-life image for my setup is I think 17.5 degrees :) If only I could get a little closer to my screens (darn humungous T500RS base lol)

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If you are only looking out of the center screen on a triple setup, then you are not paying attention to what is around you and where you need to go. Most triple screen users look to the apex and exits and even to the next corner frequently, which quite often resides in one of the side monitors. We also look to our mirrors quite a bit to be sure we have a clear shot to our preferred driving line, which also requires that we look at the side monitors. I would hazard a guess that when I drive I spend at least 45% of the time looking at the view in the side monitors.

3. coops

coops Banned

Have to agree totally with you.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

In AC I have a minimum fps drop with multi-view On(5-7fps)!

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

It's the same for me with rF2. 1 single GTX780 on triple (5980x1080). 60 fps for both multiview or single render. Without the frame cap I get a max of 10 fps drop on garage areas VS the single render (5780x1080).

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sono contento per te:) I'm happy for you, but sadly for me, I have at least 70% of fps loss!

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Then, please, add your system on your profile. Just to give us more informations about what you're reporting. ;)

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

yes fps drops about 5-10fps multiview on.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

ok!;)

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I thought it was well known around here that everyone was experiencing massive performance drops with multiview on??....

Maybe it's only multiview in combination with multiple GPUs?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Or maybe it is Nvidia vs AMD?!

12. coops

coops Banned

1 gtx 680 on multiview gd frame rates and worth the little drop.

13. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hi TIM, are the developers aware of the blinking issue with SLI and triple screen when setting no antialiasing?

don't know if it's SLI or TripleScreen only related.

I had to put LEVEL4 AA to remove this blinking, thus issue is there since I begun using rF2 last year. I lost 10 FPS activating AA to rid of this, a guy in the Jeremy's tweets told me to try this!

So 50 FPS instead of 60 without antialiasing JUST not to have the blinking in the UI.

System description in my profile.

really strange

thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  14. sFactor

sFactor Registered

We also run 3 axis motion machines with flying monitors. Pretty hard to keep your head planted to a singular viewing position, just like in a real car...

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And even on a single screen moving your head a little screws up the perspective, though only slightly of course. :D

16. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

I think my PC is in profile but ill summarize it here

I run a Titan, i7 4770, MSI MPOWER mobo, W7 & SSD and run triple screens. the build before 382 I was running everything maxed in game & everything maxed in NVidia settings and easily get 120/140+ fps with 30 cars on screen (watching the race unfold between AI lol) but ever since 382 I have got average 70/80+fps & this is not maxed out in either settings group....

17. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hey Smokey good to see you back mate, people have been saying letting rF2 deal with everything rather than NV inspector has been the better option recently...Might be worth a try.

18. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Morning to all:

Hopefully, Some-one can give me the correct part number required for the DisplayPort/DVI Video Cable I need for both a ATI and Nvida card.

I have 3 27" LG E2742 monitors on my racing PC. It is using a Nvidia Geforce 770 with 4GB memory. I have tried 2 different parts...none seem to work

Nvidia card;

2 DVI connections
    1 not sure of the DisplayPort/DVI Video Cable needed.

The second system is 3 x 24 LG widewscreen E2442TC monitors and the video card is a AMD HD 6900 with 2GB memory

AMD/ATI:

2 DVI connections
    1 unknown DisplayPort/DVI Video Cable

I know that there must be at least 1 or 2 out there with the setup I am looking for.

Thanks in advance to all that respond

Dave

NRT

19. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Nvidia: Usually the easiest method is to ignore the DisplayPort and use 2 x DVI and HDMI. DVI and HDMI are electrically compatible for this purpose so head to monoprice.com (or your preferred low-cost retailer) and buy cables with the right ends for your card and monitors. I prefer to use DVI as much as possible because the connections won't come loose as easily as HDMI. Since my monitors have DVI connections that means my cabling is 2 x DVI - DVI and 1 x HDMI - DVI.

Dave, you don't mention an HDMI port on that card but it's probably there... I don't think I've seen a Nvidia card in the last few years without one unless it's a low-profile/SFF model.