triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. lamck

lamck Registered

Hello

I got the newest 780 ti yesterday after a long time struggle. I used to be an AMD card user and found it had superior performance on image/reflection details over my AMD 7970. I found that impression especially strong on F1-2011, Dirt3 & Euro Truck. I got 40-50 fps with all max, multi-view on, on three monitors in Silverstone. However i occasionally got about 1-second jerking on fps and didn't know the reason.

As expected I read on nVidia forum, the feature on surround sound is not good as AMD's. It is quite inconvenient to switch between Surround and non-sourond mode. In AMD, I just pressed "Windows" key + "P" to select which mode to display. However it didn't work for nVidia.

In addition, I found some colours looked wash-out that some n-user said it was its nature.

2. CoNa

CoNa Registered

It would be interesting to see what the 290x does on silverstone with the same settings.
    So far it has seemed that rF2 has worked slightly better on NV when it comes to fps.
    As you say, coulors and so may be different.

The good thing is that finally the hardware is catching up with the software.
    Being able to have both multiview and high settings, perhaps not absolute highest, and still get 60 on a full field is nirvana for me.

3. lamck

lamck Registered

Yes, I want to see 290x performance too. I searched the web before the purchase of 780 but found nothing. I think real rf2 fans will not take risk to select or switch to that card if they read the forum.

4. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

Hi I'm interested in a lot your information, I'm about to ask for my pc and I'm thinking to move 5760x1200 780ti but I'm not sure if I will move full well, mind you tell me that you use and that such resolution in general? I only performance intersa rfactor 2

Greetings and many thanks in advance.

5. lamck

lamck Registered

I run three monitors with resolution 5760*1080. My PC configuration is i7 3770k oc to 4.3G, 8G ram, Windows 8.1. The 780ti comes with 2 DVI, 1 Display port and one HDMI. However I'm sure if 1920*1200 monitor currently available support HDMI.

Hope the information can help.

6. gagipro

gagipro Registered

CAN ISI fix the flickering when using SLI ???

thanks

7. Josete_Chaco

Josete_Chaco Registered

thank you very much for answering, although I have decided to mount the 780ti, for instance if you put silverstone, 20iA, full details. few frames gives in grid and during the race? more or less. All this at 5760x1080 course :)

greetings and thanks in advance

8. lamck

lamck Registered

I recorded one 29+1 ai lap video footage and captured an image of monitoring for your reference. Sorry for bad video quality (very few recording game). The fps might be lowered abit because of recording.

View attachment 10783

9. enzo

enzo Registered

It looks llike tripple screen performance is worse with each new build. With previous builds I got some smootheness. With 382 I can barely drive solo.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

If your using nvidia (couldn't find your PC specs) then try driver 327.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

mmmm me too:( I tried to fire up rf2 and with the triple its almost unplayable!

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I run SoftTH to get triple screen resolution with 1 760 and my frame rates a re lot better with this build. So far, the Loch, Sebring Modified and Aintree all run awesome and with different mods and with higher settings than with the last build. That was online and offline, I don't understand why rF2 runs great for me but so poorly for others who have better video cards?

13. coops

coops Banned

More complaining just might get it fixed or updated so keep coming with your complaints maybe ISI will listen and do something sooner than later. For me I still get good FPS.

14. otta56

otta56 Registered

Build 382 SLI Perfomance

I can confirm that for the most part fps performance has gotten worse with successive builds. I have SLI x 3 Titans and performance with Multiview + HDR with all options on maximum has dropped from 30 - 40 fps at Brianza to 9 - 20 to 27 fps over successive releases. SLI performance with 3 Titans accelerating a single 2560x1440 screen is not much better. Build 382 delivers 30 - 40 fps at Brianza. My posts on SLI performance per build should still be available on the site for review if interested.

Some of the problem is probably down to Nvidia driver and game profile problems but multi-gpu installations do not appear to have benefited from optimizations in ISI code to date. It is unlikely that any existing single GPU install could drive 3 screen seups with Multiview, HDR and all options turned to maximum although all single GPU installs appear to offer better frame rates on 3 screens than multi-gpu installs. That at least, has been my experience to date.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  15. enzo

enzo Registered

I'm using ATI. My spec updated in profile - I was sure I put my spec previously there.

16. Miro

Miro Registered

I am lurking to add two more screens to my setup. Does anybody have any experience with 5 monitors in rF2?

17. Axly

Axly Registered

A League mate uses 5, personally i find multiview way to important, but he trundles along at reasonable framerate on a 6970 (6xdp)

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

It really depends on the screen resolution when dealing with 5 screens vs 3 screens, as well as the capabilities of your graphic card setup. 5 screens will have quite a bit more image to render, so will put more load on your GPU as well as requiring more ram to handle the extra pixels. If you are running a single GPU, I don't think you are going to be able to run more than 4 screens as there are limits to the number of real connections on the cards. For 5 I am pretty sure you will require a minimum of 2 graphic cards.

19. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Yes, of course. I don't think anyone here is expecting the same frames going from single to triples.

The problem here, pure and simple is the graphics performance. I own nearly every sim out there. Every one of them (except RF2) can push triple screens with acceptable frame rates on my hardware. (Hell even COD Ghosts runs smooth on triples on my machine(s) and that speaks volumes)

Is it possible that ISI has hit the limitations of DX9? There seems to be a core deficiency in the graphics engine. Yes, there have been improvements, slow as molasses, but it is still not up to par with other modern sims graphics wise, especially after this much development time.

If I were at the helm of this ship, I would put every possible resource I could on this problem and forget about creating more cars and tracks until this issue is resolved.

I am convinced the RF2 has the best physics engine currently available, probably the worst graphics engine out there.

Riff

20. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

You do realize that the people who create the cars and tracks have nothing to do with the graphics engine right? Even if they stop making cars and tracks, it's not going to make the graphics performance improve any quicker....