triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Thanks.

I think is better you listen to what coops sayed.
    Não manjo muito

2. enzo

enzo Registered

I checked Config.ini file in Core directory. CPURating, SystemRAM, VideoRAM was set to 0. I changed it according to Config.ini in UserData directory and my real HW specs and got better fps. Not perfect but almost smooth now with 20 cars on track.
    I'm gonna play with some other numbers and will see. I just would like to know which Config.ini is decisive.
    (P.S. Launcher can't connect the server at the moment.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
  3. ViSo

ViSo Registered

What about that?
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/palit_geforce_gtx_680_4gb_jetstream_review,26.html
    ''The 4GB -- Realistically there was not one game that we tested that could benefit from the two extra GB's of graphics memory. Even at 2560x1600 (which is a massive 4 Mpixels resolution) there was just no measurable difference.''

or that:
    http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/43109-evga-geforce-gtx-680-classified-4gb/?page=13
    ''Usefulness of 4GB memory buffer is questionable''

They are speaking about GTX680 but GTX770 is only a bit better. The main problems seems to be the 256-bit memory bus. But no one speak about triple screen ...

And this post:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/359851-33-nvidia-surround-multiple-display-setups
    They recomend a 7970 and not a GTX680 for triple screen, for that memory bus limitation.

4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

AMD user should use the 12.11 driver in combination with the 12.11 cap2. It performes much better compared to all the latest drivers, the performance increases more than 50% in the starting grid and there are not so many framedrops on the track.

5. Stephen Bacchus

Stephen Bacchus Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
  6. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I have two sim rigs, one for flying and that gets my better card, currently a 7970 and my racing rig with the hand me down, currently a 6970.

The 6970 on triples, 3x27" screens each 1920x1080 performs great on most racing games. I currently have only two installed. RF2 and iracing. On iracing with all settings on hig except the highest shadows I dont dip under 80 FPS.

Thats 80+fps with iracings equiv of multiview, i.e. three separate camera views so my three screens line up perfectly at any angle I set them to.

The picture is great. I am waiting but I have yet to see that rf2 is as pleasing to look at as iracing. So as long as I get a better looking picture with a much higher framerate on a properly implemented triplescreen solution and it's all done on my old 6970 then I might ask people to stop saying you have to invest in the most expensive cards to *expect* good frames.

I would *expect* much better frames than what I get with the hardware I have.

7. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Well guys I made the switch! Ordered a EVGA GTX 780 Classified. Had to do it. Should be here some time next week hopefully.
    I really hope I don't get disappointed. Even with the "great" price drop it's still a MASSIVELY expense card. Now I know I won't be able to turn on all eye-candy and put the AA at "blow your eyes up" levels and all that but I AM expecting the card to beat the snot out of my current setup. And I mean handedly beat it.

Being new to NVIDIA or should i say , reunited with NVIDIA (as I do remember installing some of their products in computers WAAAAAAY back in the day) how about some step-by-steps or some things to look out for. Would be nice if there was some type of primer around here. I know there is a thread but I think that starts off with the card already installed and to some level of config if I'm not mistaken.

8. ViSo

ViSo Registered

UP
    What about that guys? is true?

9. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

4gb isn't needed in the sense that 3gb will be enough for triple screens + high/max gfx settings.

But you can only get 770's in 2gb or 4gb.

A 3gb R9 280x (a slightly faster 7970) would be ideal considering its price, but performance on AMD cards is uncertain atm when compared to Nvidia card afaik.

A Gtx 780 would be ideal also considering it has 3gb vram, but it is £100 more than the 280x just now.

Wait until the end of the week before deciding as the Radeon R9 290 is released & it might affect card prices, so we could see more price drops.

10. ViSo

ViSo Registered

the price in spain (Im from spain) for a R9-280x is 265€ and up, and for GTX780 is 445€ and up, so there are 180€ between them, the GTX780 is so expensive for me. The GTX770-4GB is 335€ and up, so 90€ between R9-280x is a high difference, but acceptable if is worth it. my max value is 350€.

Speaking about brands, what do you think about Gainward or Gigabyte ?

11. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

The 4gb 770 definitely isn't worth 90 euros more.

A 3GB R9 280x is much better value considering it is just as quick as a 770 in other games.

The only problem is knowing how it will perform in rF2.

Gigabyte & Gainward are both good brands in my experience. Can't go wrong with either.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I maxed out everything and put 29 Howstons on Silverstone. The GPU Memory utilization was over 2700 MB. So I think MoodyB nailed it. 3 GB seems to be the sweet spot. Today. Who knows what will be coming next year.

13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I wrote it wrong, 265€ vs 335€ is just 70€ not 90€.
    But still is a high amount, Im with that ''problem'', how good a R9-280x can performs on triple screen?

14. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

What resolution & aa levels were you running?

There's a thread here from around 2 weeks ago discussing the R9 280x :

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16543-Radeon-R9-280X

15. ViSo

ViSo Registered

yeah I saw that post, but if you read some posts, it was a concrete GPU it isnt the true performance.

16. coops

coops Banned

This is why i went the 4gig who knows how much RF2 will use over the next yr or so with so many things still to come and things that are not finished. i think we are all guessing...

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Level 8 AA, no FXAA

my reso is 5296x1050 using SoftTH since I use Vista

Everything enabled, everything maxed out. Using Multiview

18. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

I seem to be able to run 3 monitors at 39xx something by 960 or something like that with max everything including AA and FXAA and multiview on with no issues apart from with tyre smoke / particles which is a known fps hit on 1 monitor anyway.

That seems to be the max res my monitors allow for triple screen, but its fine and great!

i'm using a GTX 770 4GB

19. Bart S

Bart S Member

Turn FXAA off, that crap is doing nothing for you but hurting performance just setup like in my thread and you will be happy and amazed 4x-Better-Graphics-and-way-more-FPS-Guide

20. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

cheers will have a look.