triple screen UPDATE ??????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coops, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

But it will affect using multiview and don´t using multiview. And i think, if i understand right, people want to know how much is the performance hit in % comparing to other title using basic settings. Thinking in this way someone could say that in iracing they have more birds on track which affects fps too so could not compare to rf2
    ex: if iracing with 15 birds , no rr get 80 fps without multiview and within 40fps, performance hit will be 50%
    if rf2 with RR, and 2 birds get 80 fps without multiview and within 72 fps, performance hit on rf2 will be 10%

Hope you understand what i´m trying to say.

in fact, i hope at least one person could understand what i´m saying (besides me off course)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't use triple, or know enough to say. I was just answering your question as to why it would make a difference (it sounded like you didn't think it used any resources).

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Yes it is true. I thought in birds affecting fps (or some kind of feature that iracing has but rf2 don´t) after your answer.

4. GoesTo11

GoesTo11 Registered

Thanks! In that case it's perfectly acceptable that rFactor2 gets very poor frame rates and looks bad! I was comparing to one car to one car, HDR off (I believe AC has HDR and dynamic lighting)

Personally, I don't care for the reason or excuses. Triple screen support in rFactor2 is poor and performance is poor. To get acceptable performance with one car, you almost have to turn everything off in which case the graphics aren't acceptable. I hate to think what a full grid would be like.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm Absolutely agree with you and I have marked the poor triple screen performace several times in this place, but AC isn't the perfect game to make comparison with rf2! However, can you post your pc spec here and what is your game setting and what is the max and min fps that do you get, let's say @Silverstone?! and one more question, do you use multiview option?!

6. enzo

enzo Registered

Poor performance on triple screen here as well! HDR off, FXAA off, one car on track - 40FPS!
    Multiview option does nothing - same look, same performance.
    Even on single screen I am getting less than 60 fps which not really good. (it is not my PC, other sims run perfectly)
    Waste of money...:(

P.S. Config Sim screen says DirectX 9.0c. Is this correct?

Win 7 Home 64-bit
    8192MB Kingston X2 XMP Grey Series / DDR3 / 1600MHz
    mo/bo GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3-B3 / Z68 / DDR
    Intel Core i5-2500 Quad Core / 3,3 GHz / 6MB Cache / 1155
    GIGABYTE AMD RADEON HD 6970 OC / 2GB DDR5 (5500MHz) / 900MHz
    ADATA SSD S511 / 60GB / 2, 5" / SATA III - (OS)
    HDD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.12 / 1 TB (apps)
    Seasonic M12II-620 / 620W / modular / 80+ Bronze

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  7. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Without your system specs, this doesn´t mean much

8. enzo

enzo Registered

Sorry. Updated.

9. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I see and understand your feeling.
    First time i upgrade my system to play a game was because rf2. When i see their system requirements i thought adm 6870 will do the job.
    When the game come out, then i see i was completely wrong (not by my fault). Today i use gtx 680 4gb in 3 screens and still cannot put all settings in max (if i do that in game then i must lower something in nvidia control panel) to get 60 fps in average and i don´t use multiview in any scenario.
    Your system (besides graphics card) is better than mine.

10. enzo

enzo Registered

That is really bad. I played with graphic card setting. No setting helps. Low game setting doesn't help. Multiview on/off makes no difference.

11. enzo

enzo Registered

That is really bad. I played with graphic card setting a lot. No setting helps. Low game setting doesn't help. Multiview makes no difference.

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What?! disabling multiview for me makes a huge difference! I gain about 50-70% of fps with multiview option off!

13. Bart S

Bart S Member

I havn't used triples recently but on an overclocked Q6600 at 3.2ghz and an overclocked gtx680 I was getting 60-70fps on most ISI tracks that was whatever build was out last year in October. I used multiview with most things set to high & max and only did antialiasing using level 2-3 in game. Since then I decided to go single screen with 3D and on a monster PC now. Ideally it would be great to have both with Sparse Grid Supersampling and max resolution but I dont think it would be possible of a few generations of gfx card yet.

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

lack of video ram
    But the machine must be changed generally.
    The tracks will be more, really greedy in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  15. enzo

enzo Registered

Multiview makes no difference even in appearence for me. In Arca for example I can see difference in appearance but in rF 2 NO dofference. That makes me surprised.

16. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

The track you're running also makes a huge difference... You might want to try the unstable build though, apparently it improves a lot of the framerate issues.

17. GoesTo11

GoesTo11 Registered

I'm running an i5-3470k at 4.2 (I think) with 8GB ram and an amd 7950 3GB at 1000/1500. Multiview is essential for me. I can't stand the warped look with it off. I'd probably go single screen before running with it off.

How do you get the unstable build?

18. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

19. coops

coops Banned

cannot wait for the next stable build then we should see some major improvements.?

20. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I must correct something: to get 60 fps in average with very nice graphics (and almost on max settings). Messing with nvidia control panel and in game settings i´m pretty sure that i can manage to get above 100 fps and good graphics.
    My screen resolution is 3122 X 768 ( thats what i got with 22" on the left, 26" in center and 19" in the right). My sim rig wasn´t built. It was glued (like frankenstein).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013