Messed up Suspension after Dev Mode build 300 update!

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by mschreiner, Oct 1, 2013.

1. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Anyone know why my suspension does this after build 300 update in Dev mode?

GRAB_004.jpg

Kind of sucks as I can not test now until I figure out why it is doing this weird behavior.
    If I let the AI control the car the Wheels pop into proper position and when I take control back they pop back up into the body.

This is why we have waited so long to work on moving our mod over to rF2. Spend too much time fixing crap that may change with the next build!!!!!! And we really really want to move to rF2 as soon as we can without extra work down the road to fix stuff from changes made.

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

What type of suspension you use there?

I moved most of my cars to rF 2 about 1,5 year ago and there was nothing wrong with their suspensions after the conversion. Nothing changed since then, so maybe you use a very specific suspension geometry?

3. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Just a guess, but maybe its related to the new feature, flexible chassis...

4. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

In the build 298 notes, you'll see "Fixed a problem with track bar geometry introduced a while back (doesn’t affect any current ISI content)." I'm guessing that most likely your issue is related, but in build 298+ live axle geometries should actually have a greater accuracy to what you have in the PM file, still if you need some assistance please provide that file, and probably the HDV.

5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I will get it sent to you Michael. As I even tried converting it to the new UltaChassis system per instructions and it ends up blowing up as soon as I hit the gas leaving the garage.

6. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Everything seems to be working ok in Dev Mode build 342. I plan on messing with ptool over the next few days and let you know if I find any other problems.

Thanks for the updated version. Now off to work on this thing:)

7. SVO

SVO Registered

You don't know how awesome it is seeing this on the rFactor2 engine. I wish you all the speed in the world, both on the track and getting this thing to people like me pronto!