Released Howston G4 and G6 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea spot on lbird :)

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Gonna make some, there are very nice ones.

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Lets hope this is soon cos the clutch slip is quite annoying on what is definitely a great car to drive with a manual box.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Braking at 4:50 also resembles what I've experienced yesterday while testing. All bumps in the road could upset this car during acceleration or braking. A bit uncomfortable feeling, but I don't know enough about these cars to say if it's realistic or not. I missed a bit of a feeling on rear end of the car and thought it needs some work, but after watching above video - I don't know.

I definitely need some time to adapt to to these cars ( and stop overshooting braking points ;) ).

5. Jos

Jos Registered

yep, loaded up monza and hearing the cars drive by pit is pretty damn impressive.

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I've never missed so many apexes :)

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

There are names and labels for people who enter a thread and repeatedly post off-topic or purposely inflammatory comments.

There is no issue with someone crticizing the implemetation of these cars--I am critical all the time of various ISI and rF2 things. But the point of the thread is to announce a new car and for people to provide feedback--of whatever comes to mind--but about the cars. Therefore it's for people who care to comment and provide feedback or learn something from others. Its purpose is not to continuously chime in that you have no interest in this vehicle or that ISI should have released some other vehicle or any other off-topic rambling.

So yes, people who do that, in this thread, in other threads on this board, and on all other boards on the Internet should "shut-up here" and voice their opinions elsewhere where they are intended. There are lots of threads on this board about what content is coming, who wants what and in what order.

And now we have also both violated good etiquette--you by interjecting your opinion about my post and me by replying, in public, when both are also off-topic. In my defence, I only posted my original comment because it was aimed at a serial offender and I lost my patience.

8. Tony

Tony Registered

That's all good then .. & yea Wajdi's post was a touch inflammatory, evidently written while tired & emotional ;)

Back on topic - I think the headlights modded in more detail - without the "smoke-blackened" Perspex covering would be a big improvement to the nose of the cars

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any good basic setup for the G4, please?!:)

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Default is good enough. You can increase camber a little bit and off you go. Of course adjust gear ratios to suit the track that you are driving on. It's pretty straight forward. ;)

This car is fun to drive. Quite stable but needs a lot of brake pedal poking to transfer weight towards the front. It understeers like a pig in quick corners. ;) Only driven it around PoznaƄ. 1:37 is fairly easy to do with this car with G4. G6 is a lot of fun too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Just driven the G4 and i think graphically it's better at least with textures than the G6. Cockpit feels a nicer place graphically. I honesty do think this is where ISI seem to shine with physics, classic content is very good. By far the best in rF2 are these cars. After more time, i think the rear needs to be better communicated through the wheel still.

But both cars make me happy! The previous content lately has not blown me away tbh and i quickly moved on, but these i have booted up again today. I love classic GT and Proto cars

Longford is amazing for them, just need a good nords and Le Mans now

12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

+1 regarding screeching tires. 60s F1 tire sounds would be a good improvement. I rely heavily on hearing the difference between scrubbing and skidding. Can't imagine driving 60s F1 cars without that difference and as I begin to push these cars harder and harder I am loathing the absence of the distinction.

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Yep. Happening at Nuerburgring also.

14. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...yep , nice car , thanks ISI..
    Now...could we have some REAL LIFE prototypes from the 21 st CENTURY, please?
    Would it be too much to asf for the LMS's from FIA WEC?
    ...the Audis, the Toyotas, the new Porsche, the P2s....:rolleyes:

15. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Hopefully not.
    But sportscar racing has a great history as well as a great present that we shouldn't forget. I'm delighted to have these cars.

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There are two generations of prototypes I'd love to race: the late 1960s and the late 1980s-very early 1990s.

- Chaparral 2D
    - Lola T70 1967
    - Ferrari 330 P4
    - Ford GT Mk IV

- Jaguar XJR-9 LM 1988
    - Sauber C9 1989
    - Mazda 787B 1991
    - Nissan R89 and R92
    - Porsche 962C

We got one off my list :p.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Actually the racing is better in the older cars with the high top speed, longer braking distance and lower cornering speeds. Need more historic circuits. :)

18. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

Loaded these cars on my server and on my home machine last night... All I can say is WOW! Now, if I could get a 20HP version maybe I could make it around the track! Just kidding.

Might have to change the name of my server from F3 Fanatics to something more inline with these fantastic cars!

Thanks iSi!

Bryan

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

What about Historic Fanatics Bryan;-) I think we'll be blessed with this type of content with rf2.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Quick question... are the mirrors a bit more hi res on the Howston`s than the other cars or are am I seeing things?