WSGT2 Megane Trophy for rF2

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by WiX, Sep 15, 2013.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1 :) I can not say it better. Thx pas74

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This really should be on the main rfactor 2 page not third party section, probably get more exposure that way.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There's already an ISI Megane. 3rd party mods should be kept in the 3rd party area IMHO- esp. when that mod replicates an already existing official mod.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

RFactor is designed for mods, it's sales strategy and life is based on and dependant on 3rd party mods. I don't think top quality mods like this should be in subsections.

I just found this mod because I pressed the wrong button on my tablet app. If I hadn't pressed that wrong button, or if I wasn't using the app and just viewing the forum from the normal website then who knows how long until I would have found out about this release :)

At least have a sticky thread on the main forum section announcing the release of the mod, and in that thread have a link to the new official release thread (not the preview thread) in the third party mods section. Call both sticky threads "RELEASED (3P) - Xxx by Xxx - Vx.xx". "3P" stands for 3rd party.

Have both of those threads be stickies for quite a while, and do the same everytime there is a patch/update for the mod, regardless of how small/large the patch/update may be.

It would really help spread awarness of mods, possibly increasing user-base/sales, rather than people having to everyday manually check the 3rd party mods section (not to mention that the release of the new Megane wasn't even in a new thread but just another post in an old thread).

Just trying to help with organization and awarness in order to make mod releases more structured and standardized across the board.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This mod was supposedly in the works long before rF2, so it doesn't replicate the ISI Megane.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I agree somewhat with Spinelli. Awesome mods should get exposure and ISI should be able to help without any implication of having to support, etc. That said, I still wouldn't highlight it if I were ISI :p Sim racing websites are doing a decent job of announcing new stuff and also screenshot and video threads are good to check too. Too bad that dude that was doing the rf2 news video bailed.

7. TMoney

TMoney Registered

So maybe these are the mods that should be found under the Third Party Mods link at the top. I see there are only few mods found there compared to this section of the forum. What ISI should do is add all the mods they approve to that section with ISI like quality mods that are in a finished state. It could be the place to find "addons" rather than just experimenting with some incomplete mods. That's one thing I hate about open modded games, is you need to do the dirty work to sort through them and sift out the high quality ones. For now I use the "most viewed or replied" method at different sites but it's still hit or miss. We need a good system.

8. Goat

Goat Registered

This thread should be moved to the Vehicles section. Put it here
    : Forum / Current Products / rFactor2 / Third party cars, tracks and plugins / Vehicles / WSGT2 Megane Trophy for rF2
    Trying to get more "Exposure" by putting threads all over is annoying to say the least and makes finding mods a time wasting exercise.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I recently starte racing this mod and I've run into a problem racing against AI. This has happened on 2 tracks- one ISI track and one modded track. Sometimes the screen will flicker and go black. This is the only mod I have seen do this and so far I have not been able to track down the cause of the issue- I saw this a few years ago with the GP79 mod and disabling HDR cured it, but with this Megane mod HDR makes no difference.

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Is there a work around?

10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

We are running this mod Guy and so far have had 2 pre season races and the 1st round proper, 18 - 24 drivers at croft, mills and Brands hatch so far and we have had no reports of any problems. And I have run every round in single player with 24 ai just to check grid spots etc. Do you have the most up to date version ?
    P.s good to see you active again.

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

AC just is not ready for league racing, so VSCR has decided to run rF2 for the points championship and AC for fun races.

I'nm wondering if the issue is not with my skin. I messed with color channels and may have caused this problem myself. If it is not a known issue and you have significant experience with the mod, I'd say that may be it. I am checking by posting here and asking.

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

where is the most up to date version?
    is it v1 still?

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

V1.11 is on race dept. Not at my PC right now so can't give you a link.