Wait for Plugins to load....FINALLY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's quite simple really, plug ins wouldn't load until after the race had started, thus delaying vital information from said plug ins at the very start of the race. turn it too 0 and see for yourself

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't know why, but my plugins( I have a lot of plugins from Simvibe, Symproject gauges, DashMeter for ipad, iDash for iPhone....) have always loadeds before the race start!
    Edit: sorry, I meant for online races!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

maybe there's a delay for online races already or that you had a warm up lap thus didn't notice the delayed start initially.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I suspect that the delay has something to do with making sure that the plugin isn't doing something that will alter the outcome of a race.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

As far as I can remember, trackmap plugin has always been functional when the race have started.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Does anyone know

Is the pause also there in a practice session ??

(So there is no chance of being in simcar without plug-ins activated )

I use to use rf2 to demo my motion setup to people (who seemed interested in simulator racing etc) but I got really fed up of them pressing the button before the (highly irritating) plug-in delay icon disappeared etc

( I reinstalled rf2 to try / test build 298, but now uninstalled until next build )

It's good that ISI have put something in the .ini file for this, I don't mind tweaking things in the .ini
    But I know many people wouldn't want to even go into the .ini
    ( like a few of my friends who seemed to have given up on rf2 since I stopped going around sorting everything out for them each time a new build got released etc )

I still find it very very hard to understand how this delay was allowed to be in the software

( P.s hope I'm not being rude , I mean no disrespect to ISI or Tim )

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I understand why as Tim has basically said it without saying it, rhymes with heating.....
    therefore unfortunately for us it was needed, just a shame it took this long for ISI to sort it out for offline users but at least it's done now and we can all happily get on with it.

as for track map plug in always loading before race start then maybe it has maybe it hasn't, don't matter no more!

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'll check it out after the next build or major content release

)-:

Cheers

9. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Does this mean the plugin delay won't get removed? I'm asking because plugins like Real Head Motion plugin or the Rf2Rift plugin are really affected by this delay.

Why does ISI's TrackIR_rF2_Plugin not have a delay? Does it implement a different not public interface? If so, will it get public sometime?

10. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

+1

This has always been my assumption.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you're trying to find a way around the answer Tim has already given: the delay is there for reasons he's not able to discuss and isn't going away. So no, a plugin will not be able to have instant startup 'sometime'.

Are the plugins you mention adversely affected because of the delay, or is it just that they're not active until the delay is over? Real Head Motion for example, I've never used it but guessing by what I've seen I'd imagine it works fine once the delay is over - so if you're in a practice session you might make it out of the pits with it inactive, but by the time you arrive at a corner it'll be doing its thing.

Adrianstealth - you'll find it much much easier to understand things when you take the time to read what people are saying. That's actually a pretty important element of understanding. And if people need to wait until that plugin icon is gone before they press the button then tell them they need to wait - that's all it takes. It's there for a reason so if it doesn't suit what you're doing, use something else.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Lazza

I'm not misunderstanding anything dudie
    It dosnt suit & yes I am using something else

I was drawn to this thread when marcG kindly pointed out that he noticed something new in the .ini file

P.s you have to wait for the plug in icon to go after you've pressed the button not before, I'm guessing perhaps you don't use plugins so your not really effected by this

13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Is this something that always has been on plr file or something introduced in this new build? If so, why it wasn´t on new build notes?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*sigh*

I didn't even know what button you were talking about, just following your lead. (sounds to me like they're pressing 'the button' while the plug-in delay icon is still visible, and that's what you were fed up with... just reading what you typed, can't do any more than that)

And yeah, sure, let's say I never use plugins... that makes sense...

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Got rushed in between 298 and 300 (which really only came out, and in a hurry, because several mods crashed the game). So they probably just forgot to mention it, since it was obviously done quite quickly.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This plug in delay even indirectly causes frustration for people that don't even use plug ins lol

It was actually quite funny reading my posts

I was referring to the button that you were referring to which I guessed was enter the car button ....but seriously it dosnt really matter
    To find the answers to the questions I'm asking I'll have to re-install rf2 -change the new option in the .ini file & test although I think it's only a change to an offline race start (extended so plugins kick in before green light), I'll check after next build / content release

In a nutshell I'm frustrated about the plugin delay & your frustrated about people being frustrated

(-;

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It won't go away, that's right. I'm hoping that now that the race start is delayed until after they have activated with this option, you should be less affected in offline races?

Because we know what that plugin is doing. No, sorry.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yep. I'll edit it in.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I guess you only race Online then? as this PLR setting makes offline racing that much better as everything is working from the "Red Lights Out" stage so as far as I'm concerned it answers our offline prayers! As for Practice and Qualifying it really does'nt hurt to sit there for a few extra seconds and wait for the plug ins to load, infact if you go straight on track they'll probably load by the time you navigate Pit Lane to the exit :)

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, it's for sure an improvement! But it doesn't solve the delay + Rf2Rift plugin problem. The problem with the Rf2Rift + plugin delay is that when using the Oculus Rift HMD the brain thinks what it sees is real! But when you move your head within the ~12 sec delay (in the delay the head tracking doesn't work) there is a mismatch of informations for the brain because if you rotate your head the view have to rotate too. So the brain says the last meal eaten was bad and my human should get rid of it asap -> motion sickness.

The second problem introduced by the delay is that rF2 remembers and uses the last camera position set in CheckHWControl() from the previous race in the delay of the new race, so the camera position is often wrong when entering a race (and there's no chance for the plugin to solve this, see Real Head Motion and Rf2Rift plugin). But this probably could easily be fixed by ISI by initializing the camera when entering a race.

I'm very interested too what problems this delay cause when using motion simulations like simvibe + simexperience like Adrianstealth describes because I want to use these too in the near future. Trying to build the perfect simulator around rfactor2 (because rf2 is the most realistic simulation for the next years). So please guys don't play down these problems if you only use plugins not affected by this delay.

But thanks alot Tim giving us these informations. If the delay is not removable we have to find workarounds.