Does the Spotter/commentator work in rf2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Sep 8, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, the "chunks" of rubber just off the racing line to the right in that screen are the marbles and, as Robcart944 says, if you get out onto them when driving you certainly feel them...

2. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Hi tjc Could you please explain more about what folders and where? I have a main folder = C/Programs(86)/rfactor2 and I also have user/mydocuments/rfactor2 which also has a packages folder where all the rfc files go. Cheers , Why can't everything just go into C/programs(86)/rfactor2 folder like it did with rfactor1?

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

it can...you just have to aim it that way when you install it...and then spotter will/should work also

4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

guess ill have to reinstall for the tenth time

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

not sure if I have ever seen them let alone felt them :eek:

maybe I should do some testing on this matter. I have special effects on "high". Or does this have something to do with texture quality?

6. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Ok , everything is now in the 1 directory and done a quick reinstall over the top no probs and done a veriation check and for the first time everything past , usuall there was a lot of fails, All good , Still can't hear spotter though , it maybe only works when the Developer mode is installed? Cheers guys , I wonder how many others are having probs and don't relize it , because of the separate installs of main and data folders?

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You have to also adjust your sound settings. Lower other volumes, at least engine, player and opponent sounds. Should hear it loud and clear then.

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I have developer mode installed and get this... spotter works fine in dev mode, BUT NOT IN THE NORMAL GAME

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Hi Sean... I see I`m actually a bit late with this reply and you seem to have everything installed to one place and working ok but I`ll say what I do anyway in case it helps any others.

All I do is the following:

I have a partition on my HDD just for SIMS (not games) and on that partition I have a rF2 folder (rF is on there along with Gpl, AC demo etc etc)

When installing rF2 build xxx I just point the installer to my SIMS drive > rF2 > build xxx and everything (data and core) go in that folder. I`ve never installed anything to my C: as that`s just for the OS.

I`ve always done it this way and have rarely (he says touching wood, fingers crossed etc lol) had any problems and the spotter has always been there for me although very quiet, so I just turn him off all together for now anyway...

Always seen the marbles etc too.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions just ask. :)

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Hi TIG...

In case it helps, I`ve got Texture Detail and Special Effects on Full and Texture Filter - 8X.

:)

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Funny how he works for some and not others... :confused:

12. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I remember having a plugin and when you exit from pits a little icon appeared untill the plugin became active , maybe I need that official plugin? Or maybe put the commentary folder into sounds folder? Anyway just thinking out loud , Thanks everyone , Surprised ISI hasn't responded to this or shown any concern. :)

13. jefcam

jefcam Registered

14. jefcam

jefcam Registered