Does the Spotter/commentator work in rf2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I can't hear any commentary is it implemented? Thank you. :)

2. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

I hear that if you turn main volume down you can hear him. I turned mine down and still cannot hear him. who knows.

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

You have to move the commentary folder into the main folder or something. It works flawlessly in dev mode. no idea why it doesn't work in the actual game....

4. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Can someone please confirm this with some instructions?

5. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

6. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Ok I tried that still doesn't work, also the commentary folder is inside a commentary folder which is inside a version 1.0 folder , tried all options including adding the single commentary folder to the core folder and to the main rfactor2 folder in programs.? Anyone?
    Also Verify check always fails. its installed ok in the mod manager.?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Out of curiosity, did you install your Main and Data to different folders? I've only just switched from installing to separate folders to the same, single, folder, and suddenly I can see marbles on the track when I couldn't before. And I've heard people say their spotter works when they install that way as well. I haven't done any proper tests though.

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I followed all the advice given about different directories etc etc and it never made a blind bit of difference. With build 300 I decided to do an uninstall of build 240 and install 300 from scratch and low and behold I have the spotter. Never heard it ever before even after turning all volumes except spotter to 0 (spotter at 100). Now, after Build 300 fresh install, I have spotter (still very low volume, but he is there calling out my lap times). Its another one of those mysterious bugs that plague some and not others where all sorts of recommended solutions work for some people but not others.

9. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

I have two installations of build 300 installed . One which has been progressively updated and one which is a fresh install of rFactor2 lite build 298 updated to 300. I have no spotter in the progressively updated install but my build 298 updated to 300 has the spotter.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

I have always installed everything (data, core) in the same folder from day one and I`ve always had marbles etc and had the spotter too although he`s still pretty quiet even when turned up high.

I tend to just turn him off though.

11. joempie

joempie Registered

Marbles?? I have never seen any marbles in rF2, besides in devmode and wondered why they don't put those in the core game.

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ofc they are in the game. Since forever I guess. Drive long enough to see them ;]

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I've been viewing race replays (1 hour of practice + 3 qual sessions + 1.5 hour race contributing to realroad) most of this year and never saw any marbles until I installed to the single folder. I've done very little release-side driving so I don't know if my spotter was working, or even if it's working now, but I've had a couple of people mention it working with a single folder install when it wasn't before with 2 folders.

I just don't know if that's an absolute, or there's some luck involved as well.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Not saying my way is the way at all guys, I don`t mean that... each to their own and all that but I`ve always installed data and core in the same "build xxx" folder on my SIMS drive and always had marbles and spotter and (so far) haven`t come across a lot of the problems that others seem to have had when installing on C: in separate folders...

:)

15. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

wth are marbles in rf2? lol

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I am pretty sure they are part of the real road texture. Drive long enough and the marbles do appear but they are only texture, not 3d geometry.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Only a light build up in this shot but that`s them...

[​IMG]

18. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Ok. So it's just rubber on the surface of the road?

19. shim2

shim2 Registered

I wondered the same thing. Not a big deal to me though, in RF1 he drove me crazy.

The track surface rubbers in the more laps you put down, the "marbles" are simply visual and do nothing to the actual physics of the car as far as I can tell.

20. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

Back a few months ago when I had my i7 860 Lynnfield, I wondered where the marbles are just like you guys are doing now but I since upgraded to a much faster system (4770K) and now I see them all the time. The marbles do collect on outside curves and believe me, If you get into them, you do lose traction.