REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm guessing here, but I imagine this might require ISI to pay a license fee to whatever organisation provides the weather data. However, they should make every effort to facilitate a plugin that would allow RF2 to pull in the data easily.

2. jamesowen

jamesowen Registered

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not sure.... weather data is freely accessibile for everyone anyway... so why would they need a licence to use it?

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

It might fall under 'commercial use', whereas you and I have free access to the data as regular consumers, and ISI would be selling a product using that data, etc. I am just guessing, but I mean there may be reasons like this that prohibit ISI from doing it themselves due to costs or legal issues.

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

The norwegian weather service http://www.yr.no have free to use weatherdata in XML-format.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess that the only thing that should be done is to provide the info about where is collecting the weather data. The publicity obtained is probably the best and fairest fee. We already have seen the "provided by accuweather" in some other places for example.

Who knows? Maybe in the near future it is the weather companies bidding to be the weather providers for sim titles:D?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

If there was a feature to use real-time weather, date & time (sun up/down) it would be the icing on an already delicious cake :).

I would happily pay for such a mod as an add-on, even.

8. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

No, it's been clear blue skies and weather in the garage screen says Sunny when i have set it to full rain

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

weather working fine for me (Silverstone and others), I suggest a full re-install just incase something got screwed up a long the way.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

It was a full reinstall, which is why it's odd

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

are you 100% positive you've changed the weather for the corresponding session?

I've seen a few times on here where people are adamant they've done it right but later come back to say "oh yeah I was changing weather for Race not Practice!"

12. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Yes I have made a point of checking sessions weather

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

rF2 creates a weather file (SILVERSTONE_GPLAYOUTs.wet for example) in the settings folder. It is a simple text file. Is your file write protected? Can you check the time stamp?

14. LeeForSpeed

LeeForSpeed Registered

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Downloaded build 300 & did a fresh install

This build is not stable on my system, crashed after few seconds then the next time crashed after 5 minutes then again a few times

My pc is rock solid stable on everything else (include all prior builds of rf2)

I've been running the latest nvidia beta driver (326.80) which seems fine on everything else but could be something to do with it

Will try again on next release of drivers from nvidia or next build from ISI

|-;

16. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

Did fresh install and game start fine. So i decided to add some tracks non oficial but still good ones like feels3, vln etc. Did install all official trackd mods. Then game crhashes when startup

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Last two responses, do you run any plugins and have you checked for updated version, or tried running without to find issue?

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

18. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

I dont add any pluggins. I just play through simxperience and never had any problem back. If.i.starup rfctor directly instead of usibg simxperience i still get same crash

19. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Tim, can we please get the fix for reflections, atleast for SDK so we can work on cars. Its bit hard now as build300 changed lightning but reflections now dont work and i guess that nobody wants to jump from one to another build to test if everything looks good under right light or under right reflection.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi Tim

yes I'm the same adrianstealth who as you know is a big fan of the ISI plug-in delay feature ]-;

just tried to test after your question with none of the plugins activated ( sim commander motion/vibration/sli-pro etc ) & it did exactly th esame
    ( crashed usually with-in the 1st one minute of entering the sim car )

again I am using the latest nvidia beta driver which seems solid stable on everything else, I'll try again on next nvidia driver or rf2 build release no probs

p.s my pc is kept clean & stable, never a problem with any other software or prior rf2 builds to this one ( 300 )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.