REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Well we could win and not lose some, the reflections were aparently improved, thats what it says in build notes but they are not, there are values we used before that are not working anymore now but they should. Yes overall the world is better now but cars did lost the good look, its most visible on brighter cars and ive noticed that right away on white car ive tested with new build where that what we lost makes the car look more real and offcourse better looking to.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Can anybody confirm if the framerate increase/decrease depends on the graphic settings being used? I explain. It looks like reflections appear the same no matter the setting being used. Hence the parameter does not have influence on the performance anymore which before did.

Therefore it must be assumed that b300 has an equivalence in terms of performance to a certain reflection settting from b240. Those who used a higher value than that will see improvement and those who had it off will have lower performance.

Are the mentioned framerate improvements related to the removal of certain features rather than to software optimization? Thats what I sense after reading the different posts from the threads of the releaswd builds 298-300.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

all I know is I'm able to up my settings and have higher average FPS than I did in 240, and I'm on an amd card!!
    massive improvement for me and that's all I care about :)

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Here No GAIN when switching down Environement Relfexion from Low to Off :(

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tried the multiview option after 2-3 months where I didn't use it and my fps went from 65-80fps to 25-35fps:( and it has been like this 12 months ago!
    So sadly, there are no improvements on the multiview option!

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes it's just sad. Not sure how people feel but the whole forum activity as the multiplayer shows a alarming silence.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

People feel RF2 is still broken so they will be on the forum and not playing in game.

It also doesn't help that most of the servers in the list are using inhouse mods and with them not setting up GetMod properly, nobody can download the required mods to enter the servers.

8. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Is it correct that the Demo has no multiplayer at all? It's kinda hard for me to get new people into a multiplayer game if they can only try it offline and all alone :/

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

It's time to do something before it is to late is what i think. Some changes on the prioritys and update rate could help imho.

10. Magzire

Magzire Registered

My game is crashing to desktop a lot especially when I press ALT+TAB :(

Always the same with these builds.. One step forward two steps back

11. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hi, I have the following problem, not if you have any of you will have passed.
    This morning I started rFactor2 smoothly and I made ​​a career in Sebrig. I closed the game and I turned off the computer. This afternoon while trying to boot the game launcher tabs were gray. I tried to activate the game and tells me that the license is not found. I sent the following message to the address I found on the ISI website (purchase@rfactor.net.) is not the right place. I searched the forum and have not found the same problem so I put it here in case this related to the latest update and is there any solution.

This is the the imail I sent.

Hello, my name is Luis Sisamon Sunday, I'm Spanish, I live in Zaragoza, Spain, buy rFactor 2 with the build 49.
    My problem is that after the update i had to turn several times so that I have only one activation. This morning I booted without problems but rFactor2 go play this afternoon I have not gotten it to work finding the launcher tabs gray.
    I send you some screenshots and I've tried to use my last activation but have received nothing.
    Thanks in advance, I hope your news.
    I have also tried a clean install without any results.

The message was translated by googel, sorry for grammatical errors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jkoppenhaver

jkoppenhaver Registered

I have the exact same problem. Used it this morning and everything was fine. Tried this afternoon and cannot get the game to let me in. It says Welcome John, Enjoy rFactor 2, but that is as far as i can get.

13. alepf

alepf Registered

I have the exact same problem.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Guys...

Look HERE

Tim/ISI are on it though. :)

15. KikoValle

KikoValle Registered

Hi, I and my brother are expecting the same problem, and when i try to log in or simply recover password from purchase tab i get "Error invalid login" and "Error could not locate account" errors. I¡ve been playing with no problem to build 300 since yesterday, problem started today. I hope there is some kind of problem with ISI databases.

Did anyone find a solution?

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I just benchmarked b240 vs b300. I used the exact settings for both builds:
    http://db.tt/iiMNEcnS
    I ran the 370z mod at Mores. For both builds I tested reflections at all three levels (off, low and high) road and environment with same value.

I noticed a small framerate increase (+5%) when reflections were in low and more noticeable when in high (+10%), especially in the start (+20%) when it dropped lowest. Apart from the framerate if felt more natural especially on hairpins when surronding crosses your view very fast. However those gains are not so big as the framerate drop from increasing one level the reflections which reduces framerate by 20-25% at each step. So, I will still need to play reflections and shadows in low to maintain 60 fps.

When I have time I will do the same thing with shadow settings which is the other biggest frame-eater. I want to test if the improvement is general or mainly depend on several features being optimised.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  17. Rico_T

Rico_T Registered

Solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same problem. I was wondering was it just me. Most of Fanaleds works OK still but it wont flash for shifting anymore.

19. Rico_T

Rico_T Registered

I made a mistake, i forgot to copy the FanaLEDsPlugin.dll into my rfactor2\Plugins folder damn, but i can verify it when the account bug is solved, sorry my mistake. :D

20. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Just got done playing a couple hours with the new build and I have to say the overall colors of the environment look a lot better now. Things are looking more natural. Nice job ISI keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.