REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've had it before, mostly in the historical. Funny when they just have a problem and keep driving. You just see smoke each time they accelerate. Quite immersive.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

2. 88mphTim

Also seems to stop other apps stealing focus

3. 88mphTim

I've brought it up again to devs

4. ~IsR~sirBodo

~IsR~sirBodo Registered

My server list is empty after the update - No games available. Any help before fresh install? Thanks!

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Hi Noel

I was deliberately pushing my system and wouldn't normally stay at those levels and that was a 'peak' screencap.

I am currently running I7 2600k @4.0 with a 1.5gb GTX580. 2x AA and HDR . 1920x1080. For the retest I had all Display Settings as high as they would go :eek: ie max shadows with Quality blur etc. Toschs HDR profile.

I also had AA transparency forced to 4x (supersample) in nv control panel. :)

Nords with 15 AI , meganes , C6R and Camaro

50-60fps in traffic 60-80fps in the 'open'. As a side note I also use Head Tracking.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FWIW, the purple I (and others) are referring to is much more obvious and problematic than your mis-calibrated screen. It is purple square blotches (that move) where reflections should be. They look like something out of a 1980's video game (remember when we only had 16 or 32 colours to work with!!!!!!!!!!!).

Problem is they are not consistent, so can't reproduce them on command with a particular configuration.

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... thanks again. :)

Nice one. Thanks Tosch. :)

8. Magus

Magus Registered

I just tried Windowed mode with Sli/Multiview...all conditions exactly the same,

Full Screen = 60fps
    Windowed Mode = 42fps

(Skip/Mores/No AI)

I think adding to the case that there is something not quite right with Sli & Multiview.

9. Stephen Bacchus

Stephen Bacchus Registered

I saw a couple of people mention reflections possible causing problems with SLI, tested quickly with them off and no difference on my end. While I was at it ran a couple of tests with everything off/at the lowest setting using the Nvidia profile and mine. To my surprise and contrary to my other tests I got better results with the Nvidia profile despite GPU usage being lower. A max of around 350 FPS compared to 320 FPS plus better minimums.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I know its great.

Open a lot of stuff in background using alt-tab you ask for trouble.

In window mode I can run everything and anything while watching people lap.

Never had a program steal focus, never had a lock up yet, touch wood.

Alt-Tab was a nightmare.

Maybe window mode works better for only one screen, I suspected that would be the case.

I do not lose any fps but even if I did I would still run window mode because it works so well.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Regarding purple colour which is more noticeable when not looking at it directly.
    http://www.yodibujo.es/articulos/sobre-la-ilusion-optica-y-ilusiones-opticas_56386

Wrt window mode... Does it or does not reduce fps? I would prefer ISI to answer. Wrt Tim's quotation about not losing the focus I will try with remote desktop activated and someone else entering the server and booting me out. That stole the focus in a recent event while I was leading the race and made lose quite some time and I could also have crashed. Quite essy to test since it is not easy to me to figure out how to make a program try to steal the focus from rf2 while I am driving.
    Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
  12. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just want to point out that the gifts just keep on coming. Sears Point now runs very smoothly for me and has always been a problem track in the past but not anymore. Also, I realized that NO ONE is running this track online. That's just crazy. Is it perhaps because others were also having performance problems? If so, you should try it again and hopefully you have same experience as I am having. If not, how could this track not be run online? Insane, that is.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

FSW = Full-screen window

I thought SLI / Crossfire does not work in FSW, my mistake.

Google "full-screen vs windowed mode for gaming " you get some interesting stuff in various games
    if you pick the later threads running the last few generation cards .

From comments most games run no slower in FSW, I would say more have alt-tab or win key bugs actually.

So FSW performance with single card and screen for me is a non-issue in rF2, only stumbled on it because of running the dedicated menu and team-speak and having too many alt-tab crashes.
    I rarely used FSW before rFactor 2.

For me it is the overwhelming difference how well win-key works in rFactor 2.

For instance try the same FSW settings in rFactor or GTL, GTR. ;)

BTW: Most people in my room want to try something I suggest you get .....
    They should try FSW and win-key is all I am saying. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well Win+D has been working really well on rF2 up until 300. Still works most of the time but isn't worth the risk with online racing. Hopefully the next build sorts it out. One thing I like about FSW in rF2 vs rF1 is the way it sets the window location so that the title bar and border are hidden. I use FSW all the time when remoting into my machine via RDP. You would be amazed how well rF2 runs over RDP. Not taxable but great for spectating and watching replays.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

Best feeling i ever had happens with the Megane, just don't agree on tire heating under acc with some slip angle on the rear. The sliding friction shouldn't eliminate adhesion just because of a single corner action.

However its the greatest overall driving feeling of all time i had have incl. FFB. Great work ISI. :)

16. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Hi Tim,

What happened with reflections? Is there a bug or something in latest build? The max values dont do anything at this moment. Im not sure how should we setup our cars beside reverting to older build actually. Ive posted that in bugs report but no reply from any of ISI stuff sofar.
    Im not sure what are youre beta testers doing but it would be good if you guys would involve more modders from car and track modelers into that so you would get more feedback about this kinda stuff.
    Its annoying that we get something working good and is than reverted completly back. Ive sayed that few times that you make step forward with some builds but than 2 steps back and completly messing stuff with another build.

You should make subforum about smaller builds for modders and offer us to test this kinda small stuff before you make public full build available. Just something so we could test and report you back if its good and so on from shaders mostly as we as modders, car and track builders see those improvments or bugs more than youre beta testers that probably dont know where exactly to look and how it should behave.

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Agree and interested with that.

-- envoyé depuis mon mobile --

18. coops

coops Banned

i have said to ppl on teamspeak its not whats updated its what has been removed that they don't tell us about.

can any1 hear the reverb anymore ?

19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

No reverb and jerky reflections even on high setting. But overall visuals look crisper and more natural and my spotter has made his first appearance ever so you win some and lose some :)

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We've also had many discussions here about a proper listing of features, updates, removals, etc., should come with each build. ISI doesn't seem to agree. They prefer as little substantive information as possible. If we had weekly builds (which I am not advocating), I don't think it would matter much, but when it takes two months to add so little (practically nothing) to the sim, we have some serious problems and misunderstandings about fundamentals like reflections and then some features may actually be gone...it's not a good business model or customer service model.

In fact, since the progress is this slow, I am reversing my position on small updates. For example, the v1.49 60's historics released in April managed to pass through testing with a major visual bug (sound familiar?)--the windscreen on the Eve F3. Not a huge deal, but an obvious oversight. If it were to be fixed in the next build, no problem. But instead, it is left out there for months, like all the other issues with vehicles and tracks, because they are on their own update cycle/process. We have no idea how long it will be before the next 60's historic update. We have no idea what the list of fixes and updates is for the 60's historics. We have no idea whether this wind screen bug is acknoweldged officially, even though it's been pointed out on this board...there are always questions about who is experiencing it and whether it's a universal bug or ponly affects some some sub-set, etc.

The right thing to do is admit a mistake and release a 1.50 right away (back in April), rather than ignore the issue from a communications perspective (they hopefully have fixed it already). That way, you don't have an embarrassing-looking version of your product in public circulation and you don't have people fuming about whay such a tiny glitch takes half a year or a year to fix.

Ditto for the other 20 or 30 small issues.

Then we only have the big, fundamental issues to discuss and whine about here ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.