REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jux

Jux Registered

I would make a fresh 3.0 install.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers!

To echo the feedback of others, I have some minimal performance increases (nice :)) although the F2 shaders are are still a problem for me. I can also notice the green tint on my pro calibrated monitor. LRP looks the worst because of this.

Any plan to utilise SMAA?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  3. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

thanks mate ya so I reset NV settings and it did bring the average frames up from 45-60 to 60+ but I used to get 70 minimum -100+ before on 240.

heres 2 vids to show differences between 240 Nv helping & NV off 300 29 cars starting at back of pack at Mid Ohio dodgy driving in both as no sound lol

240 build 29 cars Mid Ohio Nv setting on

300 build 29 cars Mid Ohio Nv settings off

4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Since the release of the 299/300 builds I notice higher amounts of AA have a more drastic effect on frame rates than previous builds, but with it set to low and off the FPS are much higher overall in 299/300 than the the previous. Doesn't matter if I force it or use in game.

I'm not complaining really, as performance is still much better now.

Anyone else experience this?

5. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

+1

6. MJP

MJP Registered

Launcher v0.654 is in B198 and that had/has a known problem with being unable to use the auto update feature.

If your B198 install is working ok just download and install the Lite Build 300 over the top, alternatively you could just do a fresh install with the Lite Build 300. Might be an idea to keep any downloaded track/cars/skins and setups somewhere safe beforehand though.

Just to add, you don't have to install to the default locations if you don't want to, you don't have to separate 'core' and 'Data' locations either and yes you can have multiple installs if you want to.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

Tim, you asked me in the Build 298 thread to let you know if a specific setting was causing my 50% frame rate drop. I've found it. It was 'Enable Adaptive Anti Aliasing' in the Catalyst Control Centre. Its always been on with no problem but I tried turning it off and my frame rate was restored. In fact, I can agree with the general consensus now, that FPS has improved slightly.

No idea why its a problem with these new builds though. Thanks for your time.

8. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

Thanks for the tip! This change has helped me quite a lot. I now can enable SLI and start at most tracks in the 50+ fps and then it jumps from there after the start of the race. Not sure what the change did but I used the Rfactor2 mod exe in NVidia inspector and edited the 0x02482005 to the above and it made major improvements. Thanks again. Now I can run the ISI tracks good too.

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I just don't know what's going on. I decided to give SLI another go and this time it is totally whacked.

Using the profile in NVI that has compatibility bits 0x02402005 my FPS drops to 12 and GPU usage like 10-15 percent.
    Changed the bits to 0x00000000 and now FPS is slightly better but very low compared to any previous bench mark and is very jerky/laggy. GPU usage 10-20%. This is so frustrating. I'm getting burned out trying.

The user shouldn't have to work so friggin' hard. The folks to whom I paid $500 for hardware and $80 for software should come together and make this crap work.

BTW, Half-life 2 Episode 2 gives a 70% increase in FPS using SLI and I didn't do sh!t. It just works.

10. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Been like that since Diamond and Voodoo ruled the DOS era of video cards my friend and its never going to change. Welcome to PC gaming.

Have you tried turning down or off Anti-aliasing? That was my culprit on the AMD side of things.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

I spend hours on experimenting with the settings, Result: sad.

Isn't there any smart guy from ISI who is beeing so gentle to write some Multiview code in the shortest possible period please ? This stretched sideviews are disturbing extremly.

12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It's also worth setting up an rF2 profile in either Catalyst or Radeonpro and forcing AA though the drivers. I usually go with 4xMSAA.

Also, Radeonpro's dynamic v-sync setting can often help with any stuttering.

13. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

you shouldn't have to turn down AA if youre running decent cards in SLI or running a Titan like me to get excellent frames per second..

14. Quartza

Quartza Registered

We shouldn't have to have a Titan to get respectable FPS in a DX9 game. I'm so sick of the performance of RF2. Thankfully AC will be out soon and I can just delet RF2 and forget all about it

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

While the Assetto Corsa tech preview ran for me at a rock solid 60fps with no stutters, I will hold judgement on its performance until I can race with 20 AI. It does look promising but could prove to be just as perfomance heavy.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No more massive lag when somebody joins a server. Thanks ISI!

One problem though, some random CTD when alt+tab.

Also some shadow drawing problems for the first time... but these don't bother me too much atm.

Overall build 300 seems like a good improvement.

17. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Thanks for this tip. My FPS had halved at Silverstone in comparison to the previous build. Setting CCC to multi sample AA (not adaptive) has now given me back my FPS with higher settings than i used before and i can enjoy the new build.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Adaptive/Multi sampling vs. Super sampling has always had, by far, the most important and biggest impact on FPS. The problem is that rF2 (and rF1) look like a jaggies-filled mess unless Super sampling is used (unlike most other games/sims that look either great or at least acceptable with Adaptive/Multi-sampling). I've been waiting since the day the rF2 beta was launched for the optimization/re-coding/whatever the heck is that's required to bring rF2 in line with everyone else's software.

19. Stephen Bacchus

Stephen Bacchus Registered

Tim, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately it seems that the only way I will be able to do this is to physically remove the second card from my PC, which have spent all afternoon testing SLI is something for another day. I used to be able to connect all my monitors to the first card and then set the second as dedicated to PhysX and still be able to configure surround but this no longer seems to work.

Putting that aside for now hopefully my testing with SLI is enough to show you there is something broken with the Nvidia profile for RF2.

Testing was done at Silverstone, sunny weather, no AI using the Corvette C6. Test consisted of driving out of the garage and on leaving pit lane proceeding at near racing speed around to the old start/finish line before exiting out.

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel i7 3820 @ 4.3Ghz | Motherboard: Gigabyte UD3-X79 (BIOS F16) | Memory: 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | Video: Nvidia GTX 780 x2 (SLI) 326.80 beta | Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium | Disks: Crucial M4 128GB (O/S & Apps - Rfactor 2 installed here), WD Caviar Green 1TB | OS: 7 Home Premium 64bit | Monitors: 3x Asus VE278Q (connected via DVI) | Controllers: Fanatec Porche Wheel Turbo S via USB, Fanatec Club Sport Pedals v1 via USB

RFactor 2 build 300:
    REsolution: 5900x1080 - Multiview as per test notes - HDR as per test notes - AA Level 3 - | Sync - Off
    Circuit Detail High | Player Detail Full | Opponent Detail High | Texture Detail Full | Texture Filtering x16 Anisotropic | Special Effects High | Shawdows High | Shadow Blug Optimal | Movies On | Sun Oclusion On | Rain Drops Yes | Road Reflections Low | Environment Reflections Low | Wind Crowd Movement Yes | Visable Vehicles 104 | Driving View Cockpit | Mirrors On | Steering Wheel Off | Vertical Field of View 31

This is my CPU + GPU utilisation using the Nvidia profile
    [​IMG]

This is using my own modified profile. Note frame rate never dropped below 60fps during run.
    [​IMG]

I tested several other combinations involving HDR and Multiview. All of which can be found here along with a copy of my player file and modified Nvidia profile. While some of these are listed as playable none had the smoothness I would expect and indeed get from other games. I have since found that using Vsync set to video with my profile does resolve the micro stutter but of course introduces a little controller lag and screen tearing where it can't maintain at least 60fps. I did also play around with pre-rendered frames but this didn't help either.

I hope this is of some help.

Thanks Stephen

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That being said, how did your CCC settings get changed when you updated to 300? A new install that reverted to your default settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.