REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

2. 88mphTim

If you do test single card, let us know. nVidia will work with us

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

3. MJP

MJP Registered

I always get this when installing 'Core' and 'Data' into separate folders, it's been this way since the very 1st build, as long as the game works don't worry about it.

4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Hmm, well I am at a loss as I did clean install as well. Maybe its a driver issue.

Edit: updated driver, reset rfactor2 nvidia settings to defaults, disabled 3D. No change. Jerky updates to reflected images on bonnet. Guess its one of those "hope it mysteriously fixes itself over the next few builds" scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  5. jamesowen

jamesowen Registered

Thanks! Removed everything; previous builds, including all downloaded mods, from both Program files (86) and Documents. Reinstalled it again this put 'Core' and 'Data' in to 'My Documents', ran "verify" again, this time only two files failed verification. Now I can also hear the 'Spotter'. So your comment helped me figure that out , thanks a lot.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes. Much worse in 298, but still not "normal."

7. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I maybe should add that I have all in game gfx settings set to their fullest.

8. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Can you post your profile? SLI has always sucked for me. Shelved my second card.

Hallelujah! Please get nVidia involved! I haven't sold my second card yet!

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Reply for jamesowen.

To make spotter work you have to copy the commentary folder to the core folder. Commentary folder is found inside the folder named "installed".

10. coops

coops Banned

This is great news Tim for nvidia users. so we should see updates soon in there drivers for Rfactor2 ?

11. 88mphTim

Already have and will. nV react, even to a small dev like us, so if there is a confirmed area where nVidia need to do something, they tend to do so.

12. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I'm experiencing the same issue. SLI kills my frame rates on ISI tracks, yet seems to not impact me on non-ISI tracks like Mid-Ohio and Sebring. If I run my 780s SLI I start most tracks in the 14 - 30 FPS and then it jumps only if no visible AI. If I disable SLI, I can start any track ant 50+ fps and then jump up to 90-100. I run everything max and am on a 1440p monitor.

13. Gunnar

Gunnar Registered

Thanks Tim, Jeremy and ISI.

I have only tried 60s on Longford under 300 build so far.
    Great work. 300 Runs smooth for me.

14. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I've never done a correlation of different tracks vs SLI. I take that back... my correlation is that I have never used SLI at any track where my FPS was improved. I can say that for builds before 101 it was worse, at which point I removed my 2nd card. I did later checks on builds 156 and 240 using the new bits that were said to improve the SLI. These made SLI performance roughly equal to my single card performance. (Or maybe it was better builds.) Still no reason to use 2 cards. The times I've checked the GPU usage I did not see balanced usage though I don't remember if I checked it every time I did a SLI check. I will do yet another test with build 300 and this time I will check the GPU balance as well as FPS. I'll be back...

15. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Have you tried to put 0x82482005 in nvidia inspector for rfactor 2 profile in SLI compatibilty bits?. I have very good performance as well. Currently I have the 320.14 drivers

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

does anyone know what anti-aliasing compatibility bits rF2 uses?

17. VLA

VLA Registered

ok been some time for rF2 and I, i wanted to do auto update to build 300, but it's a no show. I have Launcher o.654 (not Responding), I have looked around but obviously not deep enough, Please point me in the right direction what I require

I can see the dowload build 300 , but before I do that any quick tips I need please

much appreciated

cheers
    vito

18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Oh well, at least its not just me I guess. I even disabled SLI as a test but no, still same jerky reflections. It was like this quite a few builds ago, but then it was changed and worked great. Whatever optimisations happened to the env mapping hasn't come out well for my setup (GTX680 SLI, i7 3770K @ 4.2 Win 7 64 bit)

19. Magus

Magus Registered

I have played around with both NVI & NVCP trying to get framerates & GPU utilisation as high as possible for Sli/Multiview. Your best option for now is to delete/remove the rf2 profile from NVI (& NVCP if you have added it).

The compatibility bits on NVI reduce the GPU use to around 67% - 76% at its maximum peak, where the GPU usage curve is just a whole load of peaks and troughs, nothing stable. If you want to continue using NVI, I found that the Sli Compatibility Bits set at 0x00000000 would raise the GPU Usage to a stable 99% on both cards.

With build 298/300 I decided to scrap NVI (I backed up its rf2 profile using the NVI export function & then deleted it from NVI) & set in-game AA at 3, I am able to turn HDR back on (I think more to do with the builds optimisation), VSYNC = Video, & in-game everything is at maximum apart from Road & Environment reflections are OFF (see release notes on build 298/300 -Environment mapping is not yet fully optimized and may cause slowdowns, especially on multi GPU systems.) & Shadows are set to HIGH & OPTIMAL.

With these settings I get a stable 60fps with no AI & on Mores with 11xAI between 40-60fps, on Silverstone, 35-55fps, using Skips & Clios respectively.

20. Jux

Jux Registered

Not quite there yet, but almost!
    Tried the new version after almost a year. The ingame mod download feature is really neat! Unfortunately not all the mods are yet downloadable like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.