REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

had allsorts of issues with 298 (it worked first time after auto update but then wouldnt) did clean install of 298 this morning and auto updated to 300 fine no issues.

the white glare HDR seems to have returned at silverstone, (maybe i was using tosch's before, and now deleted it?!)

i get this weird slow mo bullet time effect with some 3rd party mods (FPS 60 but screen is 5-10max actually, returns to full 60fps on AI control though) but i guess that after 2 build updates and such that this is a mod issue?

little bit of the graining is evident as people mentioned before but not enough to ruin anything.

mirrors seem to be slightly more usable in 300, ie less of a hit on fps for me.

shadow LOD would be a real plus, i know its only aesthetic but it really would make external views much more immersive

2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Upgraded to 300 from 240 using in-built launcher -- worked a charm! FPS up 25%-30% for me too, awesome. No issues I've noticed at the moment, tracks seem to work fine. Can turn on road reflection and environment reflection and while it causes some reduction in FPS nowhere near as bad as before. Good work chaps!

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I already had everything at max, perhaps thats why I don't notice any frame rate improvement.

4. coops

coops Banned

restore your graphic settings in the nvidia control panel that should fix it. hope

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that wait for all plug ins is intriguing, hopefully leaning to a delayed race start!
    roll on Monday when I can FPS benchmark and stuff :)

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

7. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

guise i think its important to read the release note on wut is covered and fixed before asking why and why some things are still the same in this new build.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Is there a sharpening filter active with the last builds ? Looks all a bit more crisp. The grain people talk about i see with offset values of sharpening filter happening. The greater the offset the greater the grain effect was.

Not sure about the sky but the overall look is somewhat brighter, what is not a bad thing but need to test a bit more.

9. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

thanks mate ill give it a go

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Yes, I noted this earlier. My visuals are noticably sharper / crisper. I think the color balance has shifted to the blue end of the spectrum giving a brighter overall look as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  11. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes it is more a cold color hue.

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

SMOK3Y I'm following your efforts and hoping you can figure something out. It just makes no sense. There has to be some "gotcha" you're missing. Good luck. I know you'll keep us posted.

13. antgen

antgen Registered

I have the problem that after I exit from a track and trying to load a new one I lose all my controls(G27 and custom pedals).
    This was happening to previous builds but it was rarely, 1 time out of 10. Now its happening every single time.
    I tried a new install, change "Realtime Controller Detection" to 1 and 0, run game as admin, change usb ports, no solution.
    When this occurs and I press detect under controls I get "no controller detected". The only solution is to exit completely from the game and load it again. Until next time I want to load a new track.
    Does anyone have similar problem?
    Notice that in all other sims my controls are working fine.
    I have Win8 x64, gtx 670, g27 and mjoy(custom pedals-button box).

14. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Hi Again,
    I posted in the 298 build feedback about the below issue. Ive also left this post over at eksimracing however, i don't perceive it to be his issue (I could be wrong)...

Now with the release of the build-300, I still get the following CTD (Crash To Desktop)...

Be mindful that im starting this post by saying, everything was working fine prior to these newest builds!

After installing rFactor2 build 300 from a fresh download, I downloaded a fresh version of the SLI-M plugin and again the SLI MAX 111 software. All installed, licensed and appearing to show no signs of issues.

I get into game either single player or multiplayer and as soon as I proceed to map my buttons connected to the SLI-M, I get a CTD.

FYI-
    Yes the SLI-M was working fine before these builds with the current software...
    Yes the SLI-M is a new install fresh from time of this post to prove to the 'nay sayers...
    Yes the SLI-M LEDs are illuminated when I test device...
    Yes the RPM lights work fine when in game, single or multiplayer...

As soon as I map a button- CTD...

I feel this is related to any of my old controller.ini files as when I copy and past any of those over to problem solve the above issue, I still get a CTD...

Any help on this one please?

15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Very strange. All my testing was done with Spark 32. It's handling is unchanged for me.

Tim says constraint system is so far only used on new cars so Spark should be unchanged.

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thank goodness! Reinstalling now! :-D

Edit - Success. I updated original post also. Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa! Was quite worried there for a spell. Very weird. Perhaps more interesting is that if anyone could figure out what happened with my install they could definitely cheat because I had two to three times the grip and almost impossible to lose control even after exceeding limits.

17. MJP

MJP Registered

Regarding the grainy sky problem with HDR off in B298/300 compared to B240. Looks like it's something to do with the new build and the updated 'Weather.mas' that's causing the problem.

Putting the 'Weather.mas' from B240 into B298/300 fixes the grainy sky (HDR off). Conversely putting the updated 'Weather.mas' from B298/300 into B240 doesn't cause the problem though. We need a scratchy head smiley. :)

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

please also post this in the technical forum there is a thread already dedicated to this issue, not tested this build yet but it happened to me in 240 a lot yet other Sims are fine.

19. rubleman

rubleman Registered

I have a similar problem. I have five controllers (wheel, two button boxes, pedals and sli-m). When I try mapping to my fifth controller, game crashes. Actually took me a little while to figure out as before upgrading to build 300, I had functions mapped to this controller and after upgrading I could not get past the loading screen. Once I deleted the ini, I was able to get into game. No issues in mapping to other controllers, including Sli-m as its my fourth controller, but as soon as I try to map a function to my fifth controller, game crashes.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Check the difficulty tab. I assume you have driver aids enabled.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.