REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

so I updated to 300 & now getting half my frame rates compared to 240 build? with same settings

2. PMC

PMC Registered

Sorry guys , there a bit of misinformation in my last post . I didn't notice that the configurations had changed with the last update and the screen resolution was default, from memory about 1024x768.

When I applied correct resolution I lost 10+fps and with FXAA on with this 1024x768 its still above 60

Edit: So no increase here I think :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Holy cow what an FPS gain! 20-30% for me. That's huge! Great work ISI. You have said that optimization is an ongoing effort but this is something major. Where was this hiding?

But this worries me. Will we lose the gain to make it prettier?

4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Heres hoping they will turn the LOD and shadow distance into a slider. Max, High, Medium and low

5. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

should say im running a titan & triple screens ive gone from 70-100+ in car at back of 29 car field with max settings (except crowd & wind movement) to 45-60+ in car same amount of cars & same track

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

In addition to the strange reflection and HDR issues, I have done enough testing to say that 300 has about exactly the same performance with identical settings to 240. 298 was a decrease of 10-15% for me, but it's back to where it was with 240, which is to say not great, but adequate given that I have a high-end GPU.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

For me 300 has the same FPS as 298, i.e. 20-30% more than 240.

8. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

I wonder why ive lost half of my FPS then? I tried a brand new install of 300 still the same

also turning HDR on or off does nothing to change FPS in the mod I find that weird

9. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Two builds in two days, wow. :) Thanks for build 300!

There seems to have been some small player file parameter changes between 298 and 300:

No changes for multiplayer.ini or controller.ini.

10. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

ok so did a fresh install of build 240 straight back up to 70-100+ in car hmmm not sure whats going on with build 300 on my system

11. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I also have the weird film grain in my sky and the pattern appears to be identical in all screenshots.

Stock content – No HDR – All times of day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Radar

Radar Registered

@ Hoover, I can get this running on one install with a couple profiles no worries, I don't need separate installs to make it work..

@ Tim, Yes I did.. It was my mistake. For some reason my shortcut did not have the +profile in the 'Target Line=', once this was added again it worked without a hitch.

Note to self.. make sure ALL of the command line parameters are added when I recreate a Shortcut as I missed the most important one :D

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Holy crap! Spark F1 is glued to the road. And I mean not in a good way. Tried several tracks out of disbelief. Please tell me this has to do with constraint system and will change with update. I simply cannot drive this way. Correction. My five year old could drive this car. Something is wrong please tell me and also tell me it will be fixed. I keep checking that aids are off in disbelief. Even in the rain which used to be suicide this car is absolutely planted, which is ridiculous. I can do more testing but as it stands this car will not do as is. :-(. Please someone tell me this is not your experience and that I should reinstall or something. Anything. :-(

Edit - I tested Spark F2 also and similar issue. And it appears to be more than just grip, but a limit problem, too, if that makes any sense. It is just near impossible to spin out, even driving semi-recklessly through turn 9 at Mid-OH which is often deadly, especially in Spark F1.

Edit #2 - RESOLVED! Re-installed corrected. Was scary there for a while and I was so sure problem was going to re-surface that I tested after installation and every post-installation setup, configuration step to identify what went wrong but problem did not recur, which is fine with me and Ricknau also confirmed he is seeing consistent vehicle behavior so this issue can be closed. :)

14. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Chrome still does not work..

15. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What is the state of wipers in this build? I do not seem to be able to get any movement. No rain hits the screen. Turned o max weather in max wind still no water on the screen. Will wipers only work when water hits the screen?/ For the life of me I am not able to get the windscreen wet.

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Is the slow frame rate of env reflections on the car a bug or some sort of optimisation?

17. MrPix

MrPix Registered

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

IIRC, there is a line in one of the .cfg or .plr files that controls the update time of the reflections. Someone here on the forum mentioned it a while ago. Thats all I know though XD

19. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

Congratulations ISI, now I can play decently. The Silverstone FPS have gone twice before and now I have had 20FPS over 40FPS.

http://gekkougear.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/aplausos.gif

If I'm honest, I never thought that this would be solved.

Much work remains, but this is a big step for me.

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

With a clean install to make the spotter work you have to copy the commentary folder to the core directory. Does not work unless you do this. Commentary folder is found in the folder named "installed".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.