rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Packages folder and Userdata folder, for sure.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

No but may it is usefull to add further material torsion and misalignment on parts. However i'm happy it's in and the more when i get the possibility to feel it in action. :)

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

4. yifter

yifter Registered

Updated via fixed launcher, update went smooth without problems. Deleted contents of cbash folder. Reverted nvidia-settings to Standard.
    Sitting in the box with Formula ISI car i gain around 25% in FPS, running down the start/finish straight i gain about 25% in FPS. View was set to
    T-cam. All ISI content.

Good work ISI, thx for the update :)

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Make sure they have a different 'simulation port' in their multiplayer.inis. I have no problem running two servers (individual installs) that way.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I solved my problem (single player not launching after update) by removing Sears Point and the Lexus.

Good stuff! This build rocks! Greatly improved FPS and overall feel.

Are we able to visually see the new chassis flex, or is it just hidden physics?

7. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I uninstalled siesto elemento car and lada cup and now the game works. I just guessed which one to delete.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I finished work early to spend a few hours trying rf2 again using build 298 version

I realised as I've basically shelved rf2 for a while any comparison to previous build isn't so aparent to me
    But initial points below ( overall )

Plug in delay ......think rf2 has to go back to being shelved again this is the most annoying thing I've witnessed in any sim

Fps maybe better ( I ought to do a fraps benchmark to test for each build which would give a precise answer etc )

Wow ffb blows me away every time -it's truly the best I've felt ever in any sim

HDR profiles seem all off ( think they need updating at some point )

Shadows popping in & out on replays still killing replay watching enjoyment (distracting )

Shadows popping up during driving (distracting )

I'll check in after the next build or two to see if above sorted
    Sorry for some of the points being negative -but honesty is the key
    Thanks all (-;

P.s graphics are not my priority but certain problems (shadows) can cause distraction which kills immersiveness for me

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Very impressed with FPS improvements - 12 Meganes, Silverstone, max settings, 1080P 70FPS+ :). Before this build that wasnt even thinkable.

HDR profiles do seem to need updating as I am seeing a lot of 'bright white' around the track.

I'm not seeing much/any shadows in replay, though.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What does that mean?

I had to use nVIDIA Inspector to use AA Transparency Supersampling SGSSAA--otherwise the game is a jaggies-filled mess. Of course that's a frame rate hog, but under the prior builds it was OK. Of course going back to ugly/lower settings will improve FPS...

If SGSSAA is now using even more resources, then we have gone backwards--unless the game finally has addressed the jaggies issue (that's been there since 2005). If we can use multi-sampling like in all other titles, I will be delighted, as FPS will no longer be such an issue. If they have coded something that makes supersampling (and its variants like SGSSAA) even more of a FPS hit without making multi-sampling look good, then, wow, that will be really bad.

Sorry, I cannot test until this evening, but would appreciate feedback on this. I suspect the minority of us who have seen performance drops are all using custom nVIDIA settings. Unfortunately, they were required to have a visual experience similar to all the competition's using multi-sampling.

Or, are you saying, we just remove the old custom settings, launch rF2, quit, and then go back and put the old nVIDIA Inspector settings in anew and all will be fine?

11. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Hey everyone,
    I had to do a complete re install due to many reasons as listed above. On a clean install i have only installed one track and MOD, all loads fine. The issue I have is when mapping my SLI-M buttons I CDT...

Anyone else get this issue?
    Does anyone have a quick fix?

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

My rF2 has always behaved this way. Fanatec wheel. Have to manually hit neutral button first if you want to go back to reverse after going up through the gears (as in you've found yourself stuck off track somewhere). F1 and Indy cars do that in real life. I'm sure some other sequential tranny's do as well. That's why they have a "N" button on their steering wheels.

13. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I'm using 2x SparseGrid through Nvidia Inspector as I also need it to remove the jagged white lines.

I didn't have to remove or change my settings at all with this new build - once I deleted the contents of the Userdata\Log\CBash folder I gained fps without changing anything else (in Inspector or rFactor 2 video settings).

Just letting you know that not everyone has to remove Inspector settings etc, so hopefully it'll be the same for you.

14. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

its always like that..you just need to delete N key in your RF2 controller settings in game.press to change neutral then press ESC to empty that N key and then you can shift in 1st to N to R then back..

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the info. Are you running pretty much maxed, or what settings are you using in-game for reflections, shadows, etc. Have no idea why some of us are getting a slow-down.

Also, I wonder if supersampling still required? Or did they upgrade the graphics with this build? No way to tell from the board as most people haven't experimented with these settings...

16. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Check this line in your wheel's .ini file:
    Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured="1" // whether configuring neutral prevents sequential shifts into neutral from 1=1st, 2=reverse, 3=both, or 0=neither
    If you have a neutral button configured or the line immediately above this one set as Alternate Neutral Activation="1", then you will get the behaviour you describe when the "Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured= "x" is set to "1" or "3". The idea is to prevent accidentally grabbing neutral when doing multiple, quick downshifts to a tight corner from high speed.

17. Armando

Armando Registered

You can also change the option "Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured" in controller.ini.
    I think that should work even if you have the N key assigned.

18. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yes i knew that to :) but just want to point easy way first,maybe not all people using ini files :)

19. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I still look at the schedule, and I think it is not high quality. Gmotor2.0 looked prettier, but not enough shadows.
    Vehicle selection in the menu is terrible slows the whole process. rf1 idialno balance for modding and gameplay.
    Pictures of 2009-2010 best graphics shown in the gallery.

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

wheres the tractor with a fan on it? kills the immersion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.