rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

On my side, everything went well. Just moved important files like controller setups, plugins etc. to a safe place and uninstalled the game with deleting every folder that remained. Then I installed the lite version and pointed the mod installer to my packages folder, installing all the mods I needed.

Game runs smoothly, I keep noticing subtle changes in the FFB - real or imagination?!

A big THANKS to the devs! :)

2. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Did an auto update, it installed just fine. Now launcher starts, remembers my crediantials (it didnt before, I wasnt using fixed exe) but when i click single or multiplayer player game doesnt start. It just get killed in processes when i have a look in Task Manager. Also a lot of files fail to verify.

Removed SearsPoint, dont have any other reported files/mods.

Also noticed some of the mods are now red-colored in mod manager, saying "cmp rfactor2 UI v1.0d not found"

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Auto updated, lost half my FPS. Tried deleting shaders, still half FPS. Tried installing lite over 240 installation, same FPS loss. Tried uninstalling everything, installed lite, installed only ISI packages, same FPS loss. Deleted Build 298, copied Build 240 back, FPS back to normal.

No previous builds affected my FPS like this. Don't understand, gutted. What could have caused this?

4. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

When you uninstalled everything, did you also manually delete your player settings (.PLR file) and/or other documents that does not auto-uninstall?
    If not, try to do that. You could save the controller profiles if you like to keep it, but manually delete all other stuff and reinstall.
    Set GFX profiles to default and check that too.(your card settings. CCC for AMD/ATI, equilant for nVidia)

Hope that helps.

5. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Hummm....in morning i read all this thread and so much reports on problems and downloaded lite to install at lunch hour.
    Arrived home to lunch, auto update just to check if it gives problems, everything 100%, no need of full clean install.
    With a more or less 10% gain in FPS.
    Testing time now.

6. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I get bucket loads of failed verification
    stalled\Vehicles\Clio_PC\1.0\clio_PC_common.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Vehicles\Clio_PC\1.0\clio_PC.mas failed verification.
    Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0d\rfactor2 ui.mft failed verification.
    Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0d\UImaps3.mas failed verification.
    Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0d\UImaps2.mas failed verification.
    Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI\1.0d\UImaps.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Sounds\TMTires\1.0c\tmtires.mft failed verification.
    Installed\Sounds\TMTires\1.0c\TMTires.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Showroom\rF2 Showrooms\1.0f\rf2 showrooms.mft failed verification.
    Installed\Showroom\rF2 Showrooms\1.0f\garage.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Showroom\rF2 Showrooms\1.0f\Reflected Floor.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Showroom\rF2 Showrooms\1.0f\Car Screenshot.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Nations\nations\1.0\nations.mft failed verification.
    Installed\Nations\nations\1.0\nations.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Commentary\Commentary\1.0\commentary.mft failed verification.
    Installed\Commentary\Commentary\1.0\CommentaryEnglish-USA.mas failed verification.

7. coops

coops Banned

nvidia users make sure you restore your nvidia settings as this will help with FPS.
    also found a fresh install worked best, just make sure you back up files needed.

8. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Thx for the new build guys! Autoupdate went well, only that rF2 didn't start at all. I deleted Searspoint and have now no issues what so ever. Testing the new build this weekend :D

9. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Came late to the party, Thank you very much ISI!:cool:

One problem by now, my activation broke again and had to use my 5th activation. Not sure why but after a while my activation stops working (all buttons appear in grey but it says that I´m connected) and sometimes by rebooting my PC the buttons that let me play rFactor 2 appear again and I can play.
    Now did the very same thing and nothing happened...that came before this latest upgrade and now I had to re-activate my game.

Started to have this problem since build 168 if I´m not mistaken. If that happens again I will be pissed and sending a MP to ISI to give me more activations.
    (I made a couple of threads about that in the right section)

Going to play now (already updated and re-activated) and then put some feedback here.

Edit: Improvement in frame rates at Silverstone with everything on and maxed.(which to me was impossible before)
    Yet too low frame rate for me (mostly because of my PC I got 30ish FPS) but again reducing car reflections and road reflections will make it run smooth above 60+ FPS.

Mores which I couldn´t try before because of my activation problem (and I have the game since day one) is beautiful and run as smooth as it looks. Quite good track.

Need to try some cars and such. Tried Formula ISI, T5´s and all work the same as before. Need to try more ISI cars. But performance increased with my GTX560Ti OC.

Also I updated the game through the game updater and had no problems at all. All working fine.

A couple of pictures from now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  10. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

What happened? Chrome grey out and does not reflect only the shiny lacquer...

11. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Very positive update with a noticeable increase if FPS. I was able to run a number of settings at max, plus HDR and still get similar FPS to Build 280 when I ran without them. I think we are starting to see some real improvements across the board in rF2, it is without doubt the best feeling sim and best in terms of physics / FFB (IMHO) but at last we are beginning to see some graphical improvements. I dont think it will ever be in the AC or pCars league graphically, but for me the feel and physics is most important as long as it looks OK ;)
    Keep it coming ISI, I see light at the end of the tunnel ;)

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I installed lite over previous version (after removing Searspoint). Everything seems to be running great. I didn't get any improvement in frame rate but my visuals looked a lot crisper for some reason. I am also not sure if I am imagining this but most cars appear more stable too. Even the corvette doesn't seem to suffer from any slow speed tight corner endless rear end slide anymore. Anyone else notice these things or have I entered some sort of placebo effect? :D

13. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

A nice update, and it remembers my details, but oddly when I go to the grid 9 times out of 10 I have no use of my G27 wheel ?

14. Bart S

Bart S Member

No, when I started the session and in N I can shift to R back to N and back to R, once I got in the up gears 1 + and try shifting down from 1 to N didn't work, it would just stay in locked in 1 but I could shift all the way up and back to 1. I jump back to garage then back in car and same again. I was using G25 paddle shifters. I figured the only way to get into R was using manual shift and selecting it that way on G25 stick. Prior to this problem I did also cycle through f6 key with autoshift, upshift, downshift etc I was changing my nVidia 3d convergence holding ctrl + f6 which conflicts with just f6 I didn't want to intentionally change my auto shift. I also pressed ctrl F5, ctrl + F7, ctrl + F8 in the same session.
    Before this problem I removed my old plr file and had the game create a new plr, I then went through updating new plr settings mirroring my old ones. When I got in game and jumped in the car my controller setings didnt work and I had to reasign them ingame.

I believe the online ISR was packing other content, TBH I think I may of discovered this while in single player using ISR mod, cant remember now, will test again for you later.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

why am I always away from home when builds get released!?!

anyway, when I do return home I'll do a benchmark with 280 and compare to 298 so I can see exact FPS results (purely for my satisfaction!).

Due to the small about of changelog activity it certainly shows this build to be more of a Under The Hood Optimisation build then previous builds. Also with the need for older cars to be updated to the new Constraint System I hope we get BONNET CAM IN THE CENTER OPTION :)

finally the changelog says "added new constraint system that supports chassis flex and more." - any idea what "more" could be relating too?

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Finally somebody, I've noticed that too. Much more confidence whilst driving. The point where tires loose grip is much more pronounced. And racing on fresh tires feels really good. FFB changes are superb IMO.
    I liked the Vette before but now it's a freakin session with that car, no matter if rain or not or which track this car is my favourite car all time.

The most important part for me is that the braking improved a lot now. I had so much trouble when braking in the past, just no feel at all. Now there is much more room to play with the brakes. Just awesome.

Also not sure but I think there were some changes to the real road.
    I have the impression that in rain the racing line is not drying that quick as before.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I had that a lot in build 280 with my G25....

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Holy crap, just did this and instead of 40fps, i get 58fps at the back of a 30 car grid @ Silverstone :D

Thanks Tim and ISI, great build.

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is there a list of what to backup before a fresh install? Would like try that :)

20. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

I have read the first post, however no mods are installed other than ISI content. My problem at the moment is when downloading the update through the launcher the download is stopping at the same point each time.

Downloading all tracks & cars_10.mft.rfbz2 to Manifests\
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 1
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 2
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 3
    Download canceled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.