rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miro

Miro Registered

There must have been some good changes in this build. Racing in rain is just mind blowing.
    Just had a long session with the Vette at Poznan. Speechless seriously, once again well done ISI!!

2. TassyDevil

TassyDevil Registered

Build 298 working

Because a lot of threads were showing a problem with Lola files I deleted them, also checked if I had SearsPoint and did not.

I then took the bit in my mouth and ran rFactor Launcher, update, autoupdater and install and everything showed ok until I tried to start rfactor and it would not start.
    Went back in and then deleted National Stock Car Racing 2006 v2 rfmod which was the other one that seemed to be a problem and bingo ;) rFactor now works, at least off line.
    Hopefully will be able to test online later.

Haven't had time to check anything like FPS etc as yet, just thought I'd throw in what I learnt at least get started.
    Hope this may be of help.;)

3. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Had some pretty bad fps drops myself, down 15-20 from last time at worst. Reset nvidia control panel back to default (allow application to control 3d settings) per Tim's suggestion, and worked like a charm. I'm now around 15 fps or so (at best) more than last build, so I'm gonna start turning some graphics up now. Great build so far, you even had me convinced I had gotten really, really good overnight...until I realized that the driving aids are turned on by default :cool:

edit: seems like driving in the rain is a lot more intense now, and intensive. I used to not see much of a difference in fps in rain, but now it drops at least 10 or more just for the rain. It does seem to look better though, I think

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I can confirm, it is the description of characters.

I had not even downloaded Sears Point, nor the Lexus mods. HOWEVER, I had the Superleague Formula 2009 mod, and it had a HUGE description. Uninstalled it, and all is well.

5. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

just want to let ISI know that the content sampler build MIRROR file is corrupted. Its only about 600 mb's when it should be around 1 gig. Im now re-downloading the non mirror file. Just wasted over an hour :(

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Fresh install
    Half of my mods in packages " error rF2 can't start " ( whatever )
    I played musical chairs and removed the offending ones from packages and it boots fine.
    Seems most of the early ones are fine....anyway no biggie.

Everything else saved went a bit screwy , controller , json, etc. so I did everything new then, added skins and setups, all fine.

It may be the latest Nvidia beta, ( don't ask me why I tried it this time doh, last WHQL was spot on ) but for me this build everything is darker and looks like a "greenie" monitor profile. Like I said could be the driver.

That screen look green to anyone ? (HDR on , no profile loaded )

BTW: My Lola Historic mod works fine online but the Modern one would stop rF2 from loading.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do you know which domain it came from?

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

When I click the mirror button for the content sampler it asks if I want to save this file
    http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/content-installer-mirrors/ from friendlydocs.xtremerpm.org

it is only 534 megs. Thanks for looking into it :)

9. Radar

Radar Registered

Nope, not yet.. Haven't heard a response from Tim or Jeremy so I'm guessing they are looking into it..

You can run a single server JB, just not both together if you can get away with one only for a while...

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

FPS gone from around 100 to around 130 in Silverstone (without mirrors). Very good.

With mirrors "on" it drops from around 130 to around 85 :( So no progress on mirrors at least for me. Still cant turn them "on" on half of the tracks.

Looks like red filter/hue is gone. Image from TV cameras is looking better now, more clear.

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

still no fixes to LOD and shadow pop-in...... I waited so long for a new build and when I saw only a single sentence in the release notes under graphics I almost cried. :(

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

My rF2 not working at all !!!
    I updated from the Update tab, but I forgot to close the max2.exe from my desktop and the update failed on it.
    After this I tried to do the update again, from zero (with the Kart Icon as indicated), and failed again on another item.

So I downloaded the lite version, installed over my installation.
    When I launched the Single player, nothing happened, same with the Multiplayer.

So I removed all my directories manually, just preserved the Package folder.
    Installed it again over, and no change. Nothing load when I click on Single Player or Multiplayer.
    I'm logged in in the Launcher.

I see the rfactor2.exe process few seconds in my task manager, but close after.
    Any idea?

13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

My problem was driver related, i think. Update to the latest beta driver from nvidia, and almost every setting on max (antialising -transparency is the biggest fps killer; droping for, no less than 65 in lrp, to 30~35.
    single gtx 680, 3 screens... I think its good

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

this thread speak a lot about this

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I will make a drivers update to check you solution resolve my issue.

16. conticreative

conticreative Registered

Me too

I just installed 298 and I deleted a bunch of mods that were flagged here as problematic. Still I am unable to start.

In addition, I am getting this when I do a consistency check:

One or more critical simulation files failed verification.
    Installed\Vehicles\Clio_PC\1.0\clio_pc.mft failed verification.
    Installed\Vehicles\Clio_PC\1.0\clio_PC_common.mas failed verification.
    Installed\Vehicles\Clio_PC\1.0\clio_PC.mas failed verification.

Could this be the problem?

I downloaded and installed a new version from the site, but I am still getting the same alert. I guess I'll have to do a fresh install.

17. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

sorry, i mmean topic. all the topic speaks about witch files has to be deleted from packages folder and possibly others not discover yet

18. Heimdal

Heimdal Registered

Just updated to latest build using the update tab and it worked perfectly - no problems at all. Should really be starting work now.....but got to try it out...

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

My rF2 is empty of content, I updated my video drivers no change ...

I empty the packages folder to test, and that WORKS !!! So rF2 at launch parse the packages folder, what a strange idea, what is the reason?, because they are deployed in the game and can be removed !!

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I did the auto installer(later will do a fresh and new instal.....) and it works fine for me!
    I have every thing on high with 16 AI and with 5760*1080p I have 55-65fps(about 7-8 more fps)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.