rFactor 2 Build 298 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

G:\RFACTOR 2 :eek: No idea how but I have been re arranging some partitions recently. This may have happened at my end.

2. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

All things work as advertised for me...

I can finally update my video res options in game without it crashing :D

Thanks ISI!!!

And I only tested using the third party mods for the SCES series... No issues to report...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  3. Minibull

Minibull Member

Figured I should post my experience. Maybe in some way it will help. Or maybe it wont XD

I had previously applied the Launcher.exe fix that ISI provided, to fix the problems with logging on. No other fixes were tried by me.
    I also didnt delete the fixed .exe and replace it with the old one. Just took the game as it was with build 240 and clicked autoupdate.

Used the auto updater, queried for the update, downloaded the files then installed them. I then did a file verification, all came back clear. Shows as build 298.
    I then deleted the CBash folder contents, ran the game and tested a few car and track combos.

No problems at all, everything seems to run fine. Haven't checked any framerates, but then I don't really have any benchmarks for the previous build.

I have all the ISI content installed, tracks and cars.

I have quite a few mod tracks loaded, most of the ones that IsR servers ask for, plus a few other ones. I do not have Sears point installed.
    Only mod cars I have is the Lola, CLK-LM, BES, Utes, Driveable SLS safety car.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
  4. Bart S

Bart S Member

Starting to really like this new build just had fun smashing my clio up. Has the crash colision system been improved? I never lost a headlight on a clio before. Colours look better at times too, not so sure incar. Handling is different, easier to drive, could that be the chassis flex. Cant really say I noticed frames improved.
    Time for bed thanks Jeremy.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Auto updating worked like a charm, thx ISI!

6. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Thats not only Searspoint and lexus mod witch prevents rfactor.exe to start. I manage to start mine but have to take all mod from my packages folder
    now, discover what is causing this trying one by one gonna be hard...

7. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Even though Sears Point is not in your package folder, it might still be listed in Manage Mods. Run Manage Mods, look at your components and see if Sears Point is still listed there. If it is, ininstall it. Thats what fixed my no start problem.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Any mod which has a description field over 3000 chars may cause rF2 to fail to launch. The fix right now is to remove them (uninstall and remove from packages). This will be fixed in a future build, in the meantime we ask modders to limit that box to 3000 until we're doing it for you.

9. 88mphTim

As tucker says, removing from packages doesn't uninstall, you need to find it in the list and uninstall it as well.

10. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Already did that. Witch i try to say is i can start rf2 now but have to discover what else mod i have (beside searspoint and lexus) is preventing rf2 from start.
    Thanks.

11. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

all ISI content its ok.

12. 88mphTim

Try looking for a big description. The cause of the crash is entries over 4000 chars. We will be limiting it to 3000 chars in the future.

13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Im trying one by one. When found another i ´ll tell

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Given that I only had one non-ISI mod installed and the rest were created by me, I rolled the dice with Auto-update. No problems at all and the game is running fine. Yay.

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Sears Point is a very strange case ... i installed a clean 298 and copied my old package folder over the 298 one.

Reading the post of mr. Graf i didnt install Sears but i left it in Packages.

As result build 298 CTD soon after the launch.
    Deleting Sears Point from Packages folder was the fix.

Countercheck: after a successful launch of build 298 i placed again SearspointRW_v135.rfcmp in Packages (not installing it) and rF2 crashed again at the same point of the previous try.

Cant understand how a not installed track can interfere with the game load, but i am reporting what happened to me.

16. elcoco

elcoco Registered

it work here after delete "national Stock Car Racing 2006 V2" in the package !

17. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I'm having problems getting the "rFactor2Dedicated.exe" to start my server (DAVE_NRT is working on it as I type this). I uninstalled the game... Used the light version to reinstal. I get an error message saying that I don't have any mods installed and to download and install at least one mod.

I no longer install the game the way it used to be on my server and went to installing it the way everyone else does with no additional .bat files or anything else... All default all the way.

When I run modmanager.exe it shows most of the previously installed mods as already being installed.

Anyone had this problem that was able to correct it?

18. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

Same here. That appears to be one offender. Has a long description.

19. 88mphTim

Because their info is read for display and usage whether installed or not.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

20. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I see, ty for the clarification. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.