What the hell are you doing..??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Aug 22, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Or they'd be like "Holy shivlart this looks just like Flongav World Cup from our world, how did they... they must be watching our planet already!"

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

plus I'm setting an example by running rf2 online myself every now and then :p

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Most people are just put off by conflicting mod versions, megane only servers, and auto mod downloading never working. I guaranty there would be a lot more action if the mod problems were solved by ISI. When i first got rf2 I tried to join a ton of servers and when I finally managed to get into one it was megane only and people couldn't drive. I'm sad to say but that was the only time I ever tried to play online. Been racing AI ever since.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Usually it's like this if you just go and see what's up there and pick a server that has some people in it. This experience isn't fortunately only you can get with rf2 atm. Search littlebit beforehand and join an organized event and then you will have fun.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It doesnt work only if they use outdated ISI content that they didnt update.
    Otherwise it works 10 times out of 10 for me.

6. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

What's most annoying is rfmods that have like 6 or 7 tracks you need also

Often low quality and therefore I don't have them, and the current track that is being raced isn't the track I don't have

In other words why do we have to have a load of tracks installed in order to race online at one particular circuit?

That's putting me off right now

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Guys.
    You all have dozens of communities where you can race freely.
    This type of places are the core of simracing.
    If you need proper racing then join some community (your country or not) and race.
    Dont think is a good place to say this but ...avoid public servers.
    In years of community we only used non-password server for one time....last week. Result: massive crash in T1 with 6 or 7 guys out. First and last time we did that.
    Join some community, read their rules and Schedule, respect their staff, and race with a group of people instead of losing time joining servers where you dont know who is behind the wheel.
    Just our 2 cents on this matter.

On tópic question-> Personally i tried several sims along last years. Rfactor 1 stays in my PC since first time. Simbin titles simply are not simulation (personal opinion) just a mix between simulation and árcade. IRacing simply is absurd how much it costs. If you are a regular racer and want to race every car and track then start thinking in selling your g27 and your shinny pedals to register there. PCARS was the most terrible experience and the most dissapointed thing that happened to me in last months. So tired of crazy looking photos i tried it........10 minutes later i was searching for uninstall.
    So.....rfactor 2 is not only better than all other current sims....is way to much better. It has all the things a simracer need. Apart the "need to get less saturation" graphics it has the best feeling a guy can have nowadays behind a racing wheel (apart real life races).

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Agreed , I'll never ever consider a public non password server, a complete waste of time IMHO

9. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Be grateful the rF2 doesn't have a ranking system in place like IRacing does to advance there class.... Most wouldn't make it out of there trainers...:)

Open servers are great for Leagues to hold open recruiting nights/sessions. But...for honning ones driving skills...on a open server..
    I would rather hit my thumb with a 5lb mallet...It would make most mad as the get out for being so dumb...and missing the nail..

Just MY 0.02 cents about open servers...

Dave

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I find public servers fun, I get sad by locked servers, they should be locked at scheduled races IMHO.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think running "All cars all tracks" cures a lot of those ails.

12. Nibbles

Nibbles Registered

Case in point. I have just updated all of the mods and would have liked to join an online server, Ive looked at the server list and of the 200 odd servers that are up I can only join one, and that has a password. Good one!

I get the feeling that cars and tracks should all be on an online resource, rather than through these mod files which confuse the hell out of everyone. I have silverstone, say, and the corvette, but cant join a server using corvettes around silverstone because i dont have sebring, or whatever. Its senseless. rf1 had its problems, but at least if you have the vehicle and you had the track it all just worked.

The problem with mods seems to be that if i download the mod, before i know it il have 10 versions of the same track/car!

13. Bart S

Bart S Member

I agree with that Amen, it only hurts the rfactor community locking servers unless an organised league race.

Come on guys open them up, your not attracting anyone keeping them locked.Joining a site for the sake of a fun race is just a pain.

You all need to join us at

www.simracers4life.com

Locked server only on league race night, which is most sunday evenings euro times.

14. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Im doing as much Karting as possible while i wait for RF2 go Karts. Kartsim is turning in to vaporware and i dont like Kart Racer Pro much so im Just waiting. Im also waiting for Dayz Standalone, MGS5 and GTA5, so im doing a lot of waiting.

15. AlexJTownsend

AlexJTownsend Registered

rF2 mainly - had a quick go with the AC demo, very nice but I need to see other cars on track etc. to make proper judgement on it.
    GTR2, seems ok so far as I'm just trying it out with the learning mode. Seems pretty good so far.
    Nothing seems to be as good as rF2 to me so far though. Never really got into rF1 as I was just teetering on the brink of PC sims and mainly playing Xbox and PS3 racers.
    Now it seems that I may never return to consoles for my racing fix!

Aside from racing sims, I have a download coupon for the new Splinter Cell game so will try that.
    Trouble is, being an aging gamer, my time is limited due to working stupid hours and having a wife etc.
    I do get the odd moment here and there but they are few and far between...

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What's even worse is when I have 9 of the tracks but a different version of track #10 and can't race on that server :mad:

I don't like the rfmod system. If I have the car and I have track that is on the server right now, call me crazy but I think I should be able to race. ISI really needs to fix this. I would love to see 2 rfmod systems- one where you need the rfmod and all the content, one where you only need what is on the server right now.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

It is like a combination Race Sim and Espionage game. You have to get the combination just right or it releases the poison gas.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So, can somebody please explain?
    If you dont have the right version of track where will you race?
    In outer space?

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well they are talking about the wrong version of the track you are NOT currently racing on..

So say you find a server running an rfmod that calls for

Corvettes - V1.9
    and........
    Track A - V 1.0
    Track B - V 1.3
    Track C - V 0.5
    Track D - V 1.3
    Track E - V 1.1
    Track F - V 1.3
    Track G - V 0.8
    Track H - V 0.95

But you have

Corvettes - V1.9
    and........
    Track A - V 1.0
    Track B - V 1.3
    Track C - V 0.5
    Track D - V 1.3
    Track E - V 1.0
    Track F - V 1.3
    Track G - V 0.8
    Track H - V 0.95

-----------------------------------------------------

You can't go online and play in that server EVEN IF YOU ARE TRYING DRIVE THAT CAR ON TRACK A, or B, or C, or D or F or G or H!

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That is true, it happens in the league Im racing too sometimes, when we are practicing in different tracks that we want to choose the best from.

I cant see how it is ISI fault though, they dont make the rfmods, people who run the servers do, its up to them how many or which tracks will be in a rfmod.
    There was some messing with the previous system when ISI released cars and tracks together, but now they release individual components, I find the system very simple.