Moving flag station detection in AIW.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by WHAT21A, Aug 21, 2013.

1. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

I've still got my problems from my other thread even installed new drivers now but still get the same problems.

Now onto the reason for my post.

Some of the flag stations at Symmonds Plains are being directed to the wrong side of the track.

In this screenshot the yellow is where the flag station is and the waypoint its currently connected too. where as i want the waypoint to be the one in the red circle.
    [​IMG]

I spent ages looking through the aiw file to spot if its controlled in there and i couldn't find anything just wondering if i missed something or if anyone has any idea on how to change it.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Unless some new feature has been added in rf2 to define this the marshall will react to incidents in the sector of which he is closest to the track - automaticly.

3. WHAT21A

WHAT21A Registered

Thats what that line is, they react to incidents where i've highlighted with the yellow circle which you can clearly see isn't the closest. For now i've fixed it by moving the marshals about 2 inches further forwards towards the guard rail.

Still want to know if there's a manual way to do it for future reference though and if not is there a plan to include a manual detection system.

4. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

I join the request.
    I have a case like in the photo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I want to manually select a further point for the judges on the other side of the track. How can I do this?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I think that there is no possibility to do that.
    The cameras can be manipulated in that way, but i have never seen it for the marshals.
    It's alway the marshal that is next to the car that gets activated and to be honest, i never have checked if it also depends on the sector, in which the, for example yellow flag, causing incident happened.
    Do the marshals in your case wave the flags when you are at the green marked position and are the red and green marked positions in different sectors?
    Some time ago there was a kind of a bug, when you did have too few marshals positioned around the track.
    Then you also got the yellow flag shown when you was too slow in the pitlane between xpitin and xpitout object.
    If i do it nowaday, i always position at least 3 marshals in each sector at the beginning, middle and end of the sector. That gives the best results in my opinion.

6. woochoo

woochoo Registered

i had to deal with that on Matsusaka. I think the finding was the marshals work based on their nearest collision corridor.
    So there might need to be some non-standard adjustments to the collision corridors on one or both parts of the track. Should only need to adjust the one or ones that point at the marshal post.
    In the above example wp 105 would have it's right collision corridor shortened, and/or the wp on the other part of the track would have theirs extended. I don't know if they're both ending at the armco. If so, the marshal post looks quite close to equidistant from both the armco sections, so perhaps only one or the other wp coll corridor needs a minor lengthening or shortening

Lazza likes this.