[InternalsPlugin] Tyre compounds...

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Jorgen, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Question for ISI: Would it be possible to either move, or duplicate, the tyre compound info so that this information is available as part of the VehicleScoringInfoV01 class, or an extension to it? As things are now, it's a bit awkward to obtain that data since you have to fetch telemetry data for *all* cars and then coordinate each telemetry structure update with the scoring info via the mID identifier.

Having it in the scoring info would make more sense since telemetry data is reported with a rather high frequency while the scoring info is not, and the tyre compound info will be exactly the same throughout the stint.

Thanks.

2. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

i have the same request like you. InternalPlugins gets the rear and front tire "index" compound (not a string, only index) in telemetry. It would be great to get that in scoring struct instead in telemetry struct...i will stay tunned to this post :)

3. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Agreed, a compound index doesn't really say much. A name alongside it would be useful, particularly if there are upgrades that hide certain compounds, like in F1 when you restrict the compounds to option and prime, which also differ between events.

I got it to work via the the all cars telemetry option, but anything that touches telemetry data needs to be carefully paced in order not to affect the performance, so if tyre compound data could be sent as part of the scoring data, it would help a lot.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

5. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

i was thinking about saving each 1 minute to a text file a key/value pair with mID and compound index, but is useless because a index is not funcional for me (and for us i think).

i have the tire compounds in my hotlaps system working for rF1, through RFE plugin an a broadcast app coded in C#..hope to get the same for rF2

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I just tested a bit more, and the index is really an index into the list of available compounds for a specific vehicle instance, so if you for example run ISI Formula Masters 2012 with all compounds, index 2 is the super soft tyre, but if you run with medium and hard only, index 2 is medium. This means that in reality, index 2 can be anything, even different between different drivers due to picking different upgrades when joining. Ideally you would want some kind of compound code to be sent, but that assumes that the tyre brand configuration allows for such a code. Name could be workable, if it's short enough and identical for all corresponding compounds throughout the various .tbc upgrade configurations.

For a live timing system, which I'm working on at the moment, it's only viable if all drivers are restricted to the exact same list of compounds, but you would still have to rely on an external mapping between the plugin compound index and the real index into the full list of compounds. Here's hoping that ISI can think of something clever regarding tyre compounds that helps external development projects that rely on scoring data.

7. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

Many thanks for that info mate

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 4

8. stevo.zilik

stevo.zilik Registered

+1 Need tire info please inside ScoringUpdate

9. hockel

hockel Registered

10. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

+1

Sent with Tapatalk

11. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

Any idea if compounds name is now available somehow at VehicleScoringInfo ?
    I already see web live timings getting that info from the server :S

12. AlMennino

AlMennino Registered

news? ScoringUpdate not show tire compound...

how can I do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2016
  13. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

You can get the info from the each car's telemetry data seperately but its not as convenient as it would be from scoring info . . .