Rf2Rift - rFactor2 Oculus Rift Plugin and Tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by vittorio, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Wow the 3d mirrors look great!

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

To prevent a race to start before the plugin got loaded set "WAIT FOR ALL PLUGINS TO LOAD" to Yes in SETTINGS

3. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Great. thanks a lot

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I also get the blurriness when using a decent FOV, it is as if Tridef just stretches the image when you increase Output FOV.

5. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Is it possible to run simvibe and tridef at the same time? Both require a launcher, so I'm not sure how this would work.

6. Mark8539

Mark8539 Registered

I'm a bit confused. Does Tridef now support DK2?

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

yes it works, simply launch with tridef. then launch simvibe and it attaches to the running .exe no problem

8. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Awesome, thanks!

9. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Tridef doesn't support the DK2 but it does work in a way (the image is streched and there's chromatic aberration)

10. Shenon

Shenon Registered

I will buy the DK2, but is also compatible with rfactor one and gtr evo? thanks

11. bradSSX

bradSSX Registered

so far its great in the DK2 just cant wait for it to be implemented by ISI, I did find a bug when i was experimenting with the graphics, What i found was if you have soft particles on high you get this weird FOV zooming effect where it goes mental right out and then back in. By having it on LOW it has now fixed it. I'm not really sure what soft particles do anyway i'm guessing its just a smother.

12. Manu[JDT]

Manu[JDT] Registered

It would be possible to build a plugin with a proxy d3dx9 for 3d image and operate in conjunction with rf2rift?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  13. gkz

gkz Registered

the world scale of 0.06 is rong its 0.08 for correct fov. But anyway thx for the plugin its really sad if ppl must do the job from isi.

14. codyflick929

codyflick929 Registered

I'm having problems getting anything to run with tridef on my dk2.

So i downloaded tridef 14 day trial, the oculus rift patch for tridef, and the rf2rift plugin. Followed the directions as close as I could. The head tracking works perfectly so I believe my problem is tridef related.

I set my dk2 to extended mode, changed the rfactor config to match the dk2's resolution (have also tried 1280x800). I have changed the display mode in tridef to Oculus Rift - Game Resolution. When I launch the game from tridef injector the game launches, but doesn't seem like tridef is working. It just displays one image across the whole screen of the dk2. None of the hotkeys for tridef seem to work, and pressing 0 on the numpad doesn't bring up the OSD or anything.

I have also tried setting the rift as my primary monitor with no success.

Everytime I close rFactor I also get a message from tridef saying that the game may not use Direct3D 9, 10, or 11 and might not work correctly (paraphrasing).

This is for rfactor 1 btw. Have not tried rfactor 2 yet. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using the default rfactor profile in tridef and have also tried the general profile as well.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

this gave me a complete nightmare too

good luck to you though, but I gave up

16. codyflick929

codyflick929 Registered

Running on Windows 8.1 with Oculus Runtime 0.4.4 on a r9 270 gpu if that helps.

Any help is appreciated.

17. bradSSX

bradSSX Registered

Cody you need to set the rift to primary then launch rfactor through injection the menus will be in 2d but you should see the tri def writing and be able to press 0 to get the menu it won't work in extended

18. codyflick929

codyflick929 Registered

Thanks for the reply brad, but still no luck. Even without using the rift it doesn't seem like tridef is working on the game. I've tried seeing if it will effect the game at all by turning the rift off and changing the tridef display to side by side mode just to make sure that tridef is having an effect on the game. No luck at all. Starting to wonder if Tridef is installed correctly or maybe just doesn't play nice with either my operating system or gpu drivers.

19. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Hello, just wanted to let you know that rfactor 2 is now compatible with VorpX.
    Meaning with the rift-plugin nad Vorpx, you start to sit in the car and can look around.

Similar to AC implementation but better as you can use the menues without removing the rift.

The steering wheels looks a little to big but with a FOV of 90 and moving the seat, it is acceptable.
    Positiontracking works as well. Meaning moving left and right can be recognised on the Screen. Not just head tracking ;-)

Vorpx has a nice feature called "edgepeek" . You can assign this to a key and the Screen will look like a big Monitor and
    allows you to use the menues.

I really like it. Now my favorite game can be used with the DK2. I am sure with native Support , ISI can make it even better, but
    it is a really good start.

Have fun if you try it.

Note: i am not a Partner of Vorpx or have any other Connection to them. I am just a happy user :) and wanted to share my experience with you.
    I used the plugin with Virtual Desktop in the past , which was nice as well but just a "big Screen" solution. Although better then nothing but
    not compareable to this solution now.

I wanted to record a Video but unfortunately rfactor is crashing using NVidia Shadowplay with this combination.
    Regards
    Sven

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Awesome news svenh007!!