Nubi question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ayrton88, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ayrton88

ayrton88 Registered

I just got rfactor 2 and of course I'm crashing a lot. Is there any reset car prompt? I am try to get faster a Spa and I'm continually having to start over.

2. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Drive slower first lap, and increase it a little bit every new lap.

Only way. No reset button.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Haha... Sounds like me first time I tried rF2 and tried to get around Spa in the Spark F1 ;)

If you're driving the 60's F1 cars, I recommend you to start with the F2, or simply drive more carefully not using all available power.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sounds like you need to grab a F3 Eve and get into my room for some one on one.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

^^

:)

6. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Try turning on all the assists. That will help you with controlling the car. The most important thing to learn though is proper throttle and brake control. Just take it easy until you learn the track and car better.

7. Otto Dafe

Otto Dafe Registered

You might want to turn on invulnerability for a while.

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

also pay attention to the little signs before a corner. those are braking markers and are numbered 300 200 100 and tell you the distance before a turn.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I would do the opposite, turn them all off, even auto gearbox.
    That way you will feel the car in a way none simulator till now has achieved and you will find your limits, which with practice will get a lot better.

10. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Welcome to rf2, just keep practicing and use what ever aids (traction control / ABS) you feel helps you the most.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1000

12. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Depends what your driving with.. wheel i hope.. If not, its going to be a real challenge.

I would also encourage running with aids off, but if you have to have some on, traction control a will help you a little whilst you get used to handling the throttle.. As others said the F2 is easier.. and also tuning the car a little can help (if you know what your doing) and can tune to your preferred way of driving.

You could decrease throttle sensitivty otherwise and brake sensitivity if your locking up a lot (Rather than assists) to tame a heavy foot on the pedals.With the cars slower gentle inputs and flowing are better than fast jerky steering (hence a controller is a nightmare) compared to a wheel.

Jump on a mplay server if you can find one and ask some questions for help.. most people will help.. most people dont help then "Anyone got a setup" dude though.. !!! So once you get some help you will find people will likely just offer you one anyway.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Lots of good advice given in here and things you should try out for sure... one of the most important things is get plenty of practice and keep at it as much as you can but if you have some spare time do give DD`s room a look... he`s a good teacher and you`ll learn a lot.

:)

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I agree with this.
    All assists off, you will learn the right technique faster, otherwise you have to relearn as you drop assists. With all due respects to other posts, assists just hide bad technique. Get a slow car raw and learn to drive it well.
    take a slower car to begin (the spark and F2 are much easier than Eve F1). As mentioned above turn on invulnerability.
    Print a map of the track, learn where you need to barke and brake early.
    Gradually build.
    Just my opinions of course.
    remember to enjoy!!

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Different mindset required. Try to find the limit by working up to it, rather than discovering you've gone over it (by crashing). You'll become a better driver for the effort, and get a much more realistic idea of how a real driver learns a track.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

Don't use assists, it will weaken you in this kind of sim. I got into rF2 a month ago and can honestly say I'm glad I didn't use assists (except for two days of low anti brake lock; had to use to driving pedals too).

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I use aids.......... when using the keyboard (plugin development). :)

18. ayrton88

ayrton88 Registered

I don't use any aids...especially not auto shifting. Wouldn't be very realistic since '60s cars were sticks. I do OK with the F2 now at Spa. The trouble I'm having is partially due to my Wheel set up. I have a Logitech GT Driving Force and it hard to get a good on center feel. Seems to have too much play in the middle, even with the centering spring turned on. I've tried different steering rates and sensitivity but can't find a good compromise.

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+1 on different mindset and +1 on no-aids.

When new to rf2/simracing the first thing that needs to go is impatience. give yourself more breathing room and time. otherwise it will just get frustrating.

And indeed better to learn without assists. turning damage off is a good way to keep going though, you can allow yourself to overdrive but not having to restart every time you hit a wall with 300+ :)

20. jjcook

jjcook Registered

woohooo!...I expect by now you are addicted !

ps- keep working on the wheel - it takes a while to sort it out