What happened to CST? Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jiffymarker, Aug 10, 2013.

1. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Who really trust "in stock" these days ? But I agree with Tim, a joint claim is the only option for you guys, best of luck.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

If there's no explanation, then he's most likely done a runner.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Isn't there any consumer right protection office where all these guys could direct themselves. I wouldn't know what to do if that happened to me.

The collective claim that Tim suggests sounds Ok but which are the steps to be taken to do that? Does anybody know?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

5. datanode

datanode Registered

Which country did this occur in? As I am sure Tim is aware, small claims court would be the route in the UK.

I hope you all get your money back and wish you all luck with it.

6. Spadge

Spadge Registered

My guess is that somebody in Canada bought something off somebody in the USofA, online.

And yeah, in the UK you'd make a small claims case and inform trading standards. Not that you'd expect to get anything at all out of it, though.

7. datanode

datanode Registered

It is all a bit messed up :-( the consumer protection, those that paid via a credit card are probably in a better situation. They will fight your corner for money back.

I think anyone that paid via Paypal should at least explain they never received anything.

Yes they are hopeless with merchants. But would hope that as a buyer you may have better luck.

8. Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray Registered

That isn't true. While I understand everyone might not have an iRacing account, there is a lengthy explanation from that chap as well.

What it boils down to is Todd isn't responding to anyone, yet posting on other forums (I believe it was a Ferrari owners forum?) and various authorities have been notified. Not that it will produce actual results.

9. superbike81

superbike81 Registered

I think this is finally coming to a point where Todd can't hide anymore. He's been run off of sim racing forums as well as Ferrari-Chat (he's a 348 owner) since his problems followed him there. I think very soon he is going to end up having to part with that Ferrari to avoid going to jail, it's only a $35-$40k car though, so not sure how far it will get him as apparently he owes money to business partners as well as customers.

I don't think he deserves to be beat up or thrown in jail, we all make mistakes and I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he got in over his head and panicked. As long as he comes clean and settles his debts sometime soon, I can forgive him. I loved my CST F1 pedals, but I also bought them 2 years ago when he was doing decent business still.

10. coops

coops Banned

joint claim with a lot of other unhappy ppl on other websites you might even get enough ppl that it will cost you next to nothing.

11. calan

calan Registered

A little late to the party (and hopefully not too far OT), but does anybody know where I can find a copy of the pedal plans/parts list he used to sell? I can't find it anywhere, and being a fabricator I'd love to build a set of them for myself. All I really need is the overall dimensions and lengths of pivot points and critical components, like the channels, pedal bars, actuator rods, etc. A source and part numbers for the load cell and pot actuator parts would be nice as well.

I'd be happy to toss a few paypal $$ to someone that could help me out. ;)

12. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

fyi, the plans he was selling were not for the pedals he was selling. They are quite different in design so you won't get the things you were asking for from them, other than part number for the load cell. The load cell can be found pretty much anywhere though.

Here is a reasonable view of what they are like from a diy'er. There is nothing special in the components so as a fabricator everything should be there for you to figure it out. Hope that helps

http://amosalipedals.blogspot.co.nz

13. calan

calan Registered

Got a link?

Thanks. I've already read that blog a couple of times, and actually emailed the author about Todd's guide a couple of days ago. :)

I'd still like to get hold of his guide if I can find it.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you're not a lawyer or took law courses you shouldn't be commenting. Small claims court is the way to go if he cannot get a refund via his method of payment. He doesn't need to travel to the state where the guy is because through his previous "transactions" it is assumed most states of the continental US would have jurisdiction in the matter. There could be indeed the lawyer costs but they'd likely not be that much and the suit could also ask for additional money besides the refund towards damage/costs. Either way, getting $250 back and spending $100-150 on a lawyer is better than not getting a dollar back.

ps: If coordinated with other people who got scammed this suit could escalate and go beyond small claims court and cause a huge deal, he'd face bigger fraud charges.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Plus... even if you didn't get your money back, it is better that he gets punishment for not delivering goods to many many people.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

With the plans and photos of the ones he sold it was quite easy to build cst'esque pedals. Took me a long time because of my starting and stopping but I'm quite happy with the final product.