Nissan 370z rrS Experimental v0.10

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by speedster, Aug 9, 2013.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

try removing this first from the upgrades

AIList
    {
    }
    }
    {

so you have this

UpgradeType="RIM COLORS "
    {

Instance="LFTIRE"
    Instance="RFTIRE"
    Instance="LRTIRE"
    Instance="RRTIRE"

If not work the next thing I would do is remove the space after COLORS "

If that not work change Colors to Options

If that not work let me know I will look more

Also this car has many rim options

working in rf2

Looks a bit different to yours

**nevermind**

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. speedster

speedster Registered

Already tried in earlier attempts - Result: AI has no rims, but player car has

Already tried in earlier attempts - Result: no change

I will try your other suggestions when I am back from work.

Getting those RIM upgrade working is harder and more time consuming than playing sudoku and parallel learning Mandarin, Swahili, and all Mayan dialects together ;)

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

...and maybe you can fix the cockpit view - cause there is the hood missing (also in the original ISI 370Z) - reported it allready but no response. Just check it with cockpit view and "freelook" and moving cam around.
    TIA
    View attachment 9305 View attachment 9306

4. speedster

speedster Registered

@R1CHO:
    I tried the remaining options and some additional variants too - all did not work unfortunately and at parts producing results that are not that comprehensible from my perspective, e.g. showing the same car numbers twice in car selection and at the same time making rims completely dissapear etc.

For the moment I will stop digging deeper as the rim upgrades in spinner are rather a low priority issue and a nice to have. Ingame in SP it works, means all cars get the tire color one selected in upgrades menu. And i think it doesnt really matter if you run online, where everyone runs the same "standard" rim color aswell. At least all levels of player and opponent car detail settings are working now and everyone will be able to see the rims. However if you have some further spontaneous suggestions I will try them gladly, but dont want to raven your time too much on this :)

@Hazi:
    Thank you for the input. From my perspective this is rather a non-issue as there is a simple workaround as you can select a view outside the cockpit (e.g. hood) and then zoom back into the cockpit. The hood will be visible then from the perspectives in your screens ;)

5. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hey speedster

Did you try with the "class" ???

This is the way it go for GP79 but I've got an issue with AI upgrade... Only first upgrade level is pickup by the AI.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

@ speedster .. tried a few things last night to no avail I havent seen any upgrades with individual objects For LOD as yet so everything I am used to is written like so

UpgradeType="Rim Options"
    {
    Instance="LFTIRE"
    Instance="RFTIRE"
    Instance="LRTIRE"
    Instance="RRTIRE"

GEN=<LFTIRE>=B
    GEN=<LRTIRE>=B
    GEN=<RFTIRE>=B
    GEN=<RRTIRE>=B

and in the gen

INSTANCE=LRTIRE
    {
    MOVEABLE=TRUE
    <MAX> MESHFILE=<LRTIRE> COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(400.0) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
    <HIGH> MESHFILE=<LRTIRE> COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(300.0) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
    <MED> MESHFILE=<LRTIRE> COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(250.0) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
    <LOW> MESHFILE=<LRTIRE> COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(200.0) SHADOWRECEIVER=TRUE
    MESHFILE=B_DISCGLOW_LR.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(100.0)
    MESHFILE=B_ROTOR_LR.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(100.0)

With all LOD references Pointing to 1 object

and in the Spinner GEN

INSTANCE=LRTIRE<UPNUMBER>
    {
    MOVEABLE=TRUE
    MESHFILE=<LRTIRE> COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.0) LODOUT=(500.0) REFLECT=TRUE
    MESHFILE=B_ROTOR_LR.GMT COLLTARGET=FALSE HATTARGET=FALSE LODIN=(0.00) LODOUT=(500.0) REFLECT=TRUE
    }

Obviously a little different to yours as each LOD has A different Object

It is rather confusing why you can select the rim option but not see it in the spinner..I did notice that there is a slight texture change on parts of the wheel when you select the second choice but not 3 and 4
    If they work On track then thats not so bad :p any other thoughts I have I'll let you know

Arnao may help too :)

cheers R1CHO

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  7. speedster

speedster Registered

Actual status - working ingame, but not in spinner which isnt my friend anymore ;)

upgrades.ini

UpgradeType="RIMOPTION"
    {
    AIList
    {
    }
    }
    {
    Instance="LFTIRE"
    Instance="RFTIRE"
    Instance="LRTIRE"
    Instance="RRTIRE"

UpgradeLevel="LIGHT GREY"
    {
    Description="Team Dynamics Motorsport (ProRace Series)"
    GEN=<LFRIMH>=370z_lf_rim_max.gmt
    GEN=<LFRIMM>=370z_lf_rim_med.gmt
    GEN=<LFRIML>=370z_lf_rim_low.gmt

GEN=<RFRIMH>=370z_rf_rim_max.gmt
    GEN=<RFRIMM>=370z_rf_rim_med.gmt
    GEN=<RFRIML>=370z_rf_rim_low.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIMH>=370z_lr_rim_max.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIMM>=370z_lr_rim_med.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIML>=370z_lr_rim_low.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIMH>=370z_rr_rim_max.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIMM>=370z_rr_rim_med.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIML>=370z_rr_rim_low.gmt
    }
    UpgradeLevel="DARK GREY"
    {
    Description="Team Dynamics Motorsport (ProRace Series)"
    GEN=<LFRIMH>=370z_lf_rim2_max.gmt
    GEN=<LFRIMM>=370z_lf_rim2_med.gmt
    GEN=<LFRIML>=370z_lf_rim2_low.gmt

GEN=<RFRIMH>=370z_rf_rim2_max.gmt
    GEN=<RFRIMM>=370z_rf_rim2_med.gmt
    GEN=<RFRIML>=370z_rf_rim2_low.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIMH>=370z_lr_rim2_max.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIMM>=370z_lr_rim2_med.gmt
    GEN=<LRRIML>=370z_lr_rim2_low.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIMH>=370z_rr_rim2_max.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIMM>=370z_rr_rim2_med.gmt
    GEN=<RRRIML>=370z_rr_rim2_low.gmt
    }

... (repeat for black and red rims with different .gmt-naming)

.gen - example for left tire

Instance=LFTIRE
    {
    Moveable=True
    MeshFile=370z_lf_tire_max.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(10) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    MeshFile=370z_lf_tire_med.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(10) LODOut=(220) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    MeshFile=<LFRIMH> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(100) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    MeshFile=<LFRIMM> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(100) LODOut=(150) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    MeshFile=<LFRIML> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(150) LODOut=(300) ShadowReceiver=True

MeshFile=370z_lf_bd.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(30) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    }

As you can see it works for different objects within the instances.

This works on more than two upgrade levels within the upgrade type, but only as long as the player and opponent detail setting are the same. If you set "FULL" for player and "MEDIUM" for opponents only the player car will have the selected rims with correct color. The AI will have no rims shown at all...

What will def. not work for the upgrades at all (with different objects within an instance) is this:

<MAX> MeshFile=<LFRIMH> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(300) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    <MED> MeshFile=<LFRIMM> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(300) ShadowReceiver=True Reflect=True
    <LOW> MeshFile=<LFRIML> CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowCaster=(True, Solid) LODIn=(0) LODOut=(300) ShadowReceiver=True

Thx again for your inputs which helped to get analysis back on track :)

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I like what you have done here. I like the sound, new dash textures and of course the extra HP. For me it is a gripper tamed down GT1. For CSR e users I have to run JB FFB (upgrades) and 0.6-0.65 multi to insure no FFB clipping + a fair bit of wheel dampening removed. It now feels much better and overall the FFB is nice.

[Edit]

IMO the damage model is to harsh. A gust of wind would damage a panel, lol. Somewhere in between yours and ISI would be nice. I also find the AI very week, 120% at PB and they are nowhere to be seen. They seem very slow in getting the power on through corner exit.

[Edit]

Whats in the pipeline for this mod?

cheers

mm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  9. speedster

speedster Registered

Thank you all for the motivating feedback!

See update in first post :) - further refinement is planned for the future.

If v0.20 will prove OK as a solid basis, there will be a fun event coming soon @ IsR

edit:
    Forgot to add - AI optimization is not in the focus atm as I and most of the IsR-crew are mainly racing online, except for testing ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just ran a couple of laps on Nords. Good adjustments you have made. FFB is really getting good.
    Really appreciate your work.
    2 laps on Nords... 7AM.... time for nap now!

11. Dennis Lind

Dennis Lind Registered

How much power does this car have roughly?

12. speedster

speedster Registered

Glad you like the v0.20 adjustments Jim :)

Dennis, from memory it has ~650NM@5250rpm / ~605HP@7750rpm; car weight=1275kg

A small recommendation for all friends of a healthy tunnel view:
    Set wings pretty low, lets say to around 1/10 - 1/14, take the "SSW"-Tires and take it for a ride @ longford67, belgium66 or brianza(10k) - I know it is really incongrous, but.... a mad ton of fun

13. speedster

speedster Registered

New Version v0.24 - see first post

Have fun going sideways :D

14. squ3zz3r

squ3zz3r Registered

really nice work, speedster!

Why are all playing megane? Im alone on the 370z server ... lets do a drift session, later! :)

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

Mirrors are blown out and yellow again with build 300.

Cheers

mm

16. speedster

speedster Registered

Thank you for the info on the mirrors mm. I will have a look at this issue as soon as I am back from vacation.

Thx a lot squ3zz3r! Back soon for some drift sessions on the rrs-Server. The fun event I mentioned earlier will be announced at around mid of september aswell - so stay tuned for some clean driving aswell :)

I got to admit that I am already more than curious to install & try Build 300 - Flip, it's been only one week without rf2 now and there are already signs showing up of a cold simracing turkey ;) - ISI, look what you have done... :cool:

17. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

what to do with the extra files in the zip?

370z GTrrS mores drift2.svm (is this a setup file?)

and

bluedALT.dds (not sure what this is at all...)

18. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Yeah, and SVM would be a set up file so it can go in the track folder, whichever track you want to use that set up at.
    And a dds file would be a skin, you can place that in the car folder as an alternate and choose it from your menu when picking your car.

19. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Ok - so i can safely ignore those two files then without breaking anything - thanks!

20. insatiant

insatiant Registered

Great fun, thanks! I enjoy running with Drift HSW tires, 60:40 brake bias, 41deg steering lock, and differential settings of: pump 0, power 30%, coast 30%, preload 2. These settings came from rFactor D1AS ~ perhaps there's something better for RF2.

Again, thanks!