Master the secrets of race car setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Race2Play, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

Master the secrets of race car setup with the Setup Fu Setup Wizard, a software program featuring numerous tools for easing the guesswork and uncertainty out of your setup development process. This program is the successor to the original Race2Play Setup Developer Tool. After a complete reengineering from the ground-up, it has been released under its own site and support: Setup Fu Setup Wizard.

We have a special deal just for Race2Play members: an additional third off the introductory price to reward those who have watched and waited for this release! Join Race2Play today and follow this link to Race2Play's special pricing.

[​IMG]

This commercial post has been made with permission of ImageSpace Inc.

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

A very basic program, most definitely not worth $60 full retail, nor in my opinion the $20 with all the discounts. You can find more assistance by reading some of the many articles on the subject. For the price they are asking, I would expect sim integration and real-time monitoring, not some Q&A and spit out some generic advice.

Save your money and see: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3706-Simple-Vehicle-Setup-Explanation

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

60 dollars for a setup application. Soemeone wants to get rich.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

4. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

I think the FU is meant on purpose lol... Like Spaskis said... It's not that hard to read a book for less to get better results. :D

5. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

You need gamers, not sim enthusiasts & modders.
    bbye

6. costamesa

costamesa Registered

even if it did the job 60 dollars for a setup software? Really!!!

7. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

LMAO

8. pemigris

pemigris Registered

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

10. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

Yes, it does appear that Avast is giving a false positive. Avast is the only antivirus software giving this false-positive and we will contact them to try to resolve it. Unfortunately we do not know how long it will take as it is an Avast-issue, not a Setup Wizard issue.

To others, I understand your trepidation regarding $60 for a single piece of software, hence the reason we are offering it for a discounted price for sim-racers. Surely you can do a lot of reading (books have a cost too, and so does our time) and learn these same skills, which we encourage you all to do. We understand this software may not be for everyone, but for those that wish to better their setup-building-skills *right now* we can help you with that, for the price of a single book (for a limited time).

11. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Who else is your target market?

Also, why buy it as a Race2Play member at a third off the introductory price (so from $60 to $40) when you can just get it direct from your website at you celebratory launch price of $30?

Lastly, I question whether your price point (even with the discount) combined with the number of expected buyers as a result of that price point, if it will net you the highest profits possible.

Please forgive me if it sounds like i'm launching an attack at you. I'm not, just very curious.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  13. coops

coops Banned

like everything else buy it or don't ( YOUR CHOICE )...but to come in here bagging it out on cost or anything else is just showing how immature you really are especially if you have not bought it.....

14. Chad Dunbar

Chad Dunbar Registered

People absolutely have the right to comment on the software and its cost - especially when the cost doesn't match the actual value people would get from the software. You might not like it, but that's a reality of software development and something that developers have to take into account. It's very easy to price your product outside a range where your most likely users are willing to buy it.

15. Race2Play

Race2Play Registered

@ DrRipper - you may be misunderstanding our the promotion between Race2Play and the SetupFu software. Race2Play is offering a 30% reduction on top of the already discounted rate. So, $29.95 at SetupFu.com and only $19.95 at Race2Play.com (for a limited time)

http://www.race2play.com/special/setup_wizard says,
    "The Setup Wizard was designed and developed in collaboration with car chiefs and engineers to be used by real world racers and track day drivers in actual cars, but the intelligence used and recommendations produced are every bit as valid for racing sims that support realistic physics. "

While the software is being offered to sim-racers (again, for a limited time) the primary market is real world drivers who may not have access to an experienced engineer to sit with them to develop their own person race setup. Still, any simracer wanting to better their setup development will undoubtedly benefit from the Setup Wizard software. Is that benefit worth $20, $30, $60 to you? Only you can answer that question.

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  17. costamesa

costamesa Registered

This kind of mindset just drives me crazy. Pure capitalism!!

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

It's not just that, it doesn't make any sense. Being unhappy with how much a product costs for whatever your reasons and sharing them with others, somehow makes you immature???

19. coops

coops Banned

^^ NO its the bagging out that makes ppl immature.......who cares about the cost...

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Feedback is feedback. Especially important in a comercial product. If lot of people say 60 $ is too much for this type of tool, it must say something. If actually is 20 $ it could seem a good price. However trying to confuse the consumer with last chance offers provokes reject in the customer IMO. Somebody said it needed to be free?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2