[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Gupster

Gupster Registered

+1 on this, I would like to once again thank Pierre for all of his work on this project!
    Thanks to Tosch and DJC for working to get it up to the 64 bit standard!

2. delapecs

delapecs Registered

+1

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I meant no offense towards Pleclair. I am probably his biggest proponent here. The point being he wanted the curbs and so an alternative version with nothing but curbs would be amusing to drive on.

4. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Oh dear, certainly the community most arrogance and ungrateful of all.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Was this written in order to confuse? I really don't understand what you mean.

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Sorry for my english.

"La comunidad mas arrogante y desagradecida de todas" is that right?

"The most arrogant and ungrateful community of all". ?

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Now it is clear :)
    I wasn't sure if you referred to the community itself or to preclair being the most arrogant in the community.
    I agree that some people are very selfish in this community but I don't think it represents the community overall.

9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Oh no, i just have gratitude to pleclair.
    About the community i use to think like you but with the time i start to think like i say :(

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Pleclair overreacted. This is not meant as disrespect towards him, mind you.

I mean what did he expect..? For everyone to be completely happy with every little detail on every version he released?
    His work was very, very good, way beyond good actually, and the fact that he actually succeeded in bringing us the Nordschleife is mind baffling.
    Truly a astonishing feat.

He is dreaming though, if he thinks another community will react differently to his work than we did.
    But it guess it just went sour for him at the end. I know the feeling, and it's easier to just give up and go away, for sure.

It's a shame though. Don't know how much luck that AC project will bring him, when he can't even be allowed to post on the official forum.
    I don't think many people are aware of his blog. Hmm...

This community is for the most part one of a kind imo, in a very positive sense.
    "Ungrateful and arrogant"? No way, only a select few people, who fortunately don't have much of a say in anything anyway.

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

hexagramme, i dont think he overreacted, i think he was sincere, i cant imagine how much work demand such a big project.
    Also i dont talk exclusively of rf2 community i talk about the sim racer community, of course in AC or XMR he gonna have the same treatment like here, and please dont feel touch, you are one of the 10, 15 members i can count has kind and positive.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

From day one I felt he acted erratic, overreacting.
    I, myself never commented about tarmac or colours in general. The only thing I've commented negatively about this track was the (still silly) kerbstones.
    I loved his smoothing of the mesh. Both on and off the track, actually perhaps mostly off track - it had some really sharp edges - and I let him know that as well - that I loved that.

To me, it seemed as he focused waaaay too much on the negative feedback. It's almost like he didn't expect any negative feedback. If you can't handle negative feedback, modding or working on a simulation might not be the right thing for you. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and they're not all similar nor positive all the time.

This community is not arrogant, it's not ungrateful in my opinion either.

I'm just happy someone else (thanks Tosch and DJC) stepped up and I hope they will continue the improvement of the experience - including getting rid of those kerbstones :D

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

What is the story behind those? I've missed a bunch of versions and chapters.

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i dont know, but i feel i can safely guess it was just the obsessive need to fiddle & tinker with a project as big as that was & as dedicated as he apparently was to it.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Let's not overlook that the Ring conversion was Pleclair's personal project. He didn't ask for money or anything. He took in constructive feedback the vast majority of the time. It didn't end well with some entitlement going around but it was always a conversion with improvements (to the best of his ability) to work on rF2. Some people donated out of their will, it was never demanded but just an expression of how strongly they felt about this track.

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

A cerebral haemorrhage.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I also felt he was very sincere, at all times, which is probably also why he gathered quite a large following.
    "Overreaction" might be too strong a word, he just reacted as per how he felt. But it was sad that the negative stuff made him leave, for sure.

Oh well, doesn't matter.
    The important thing is that the development is ongoing, and our two guys are doing such a stellar job. :)

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You just hate les Québécois. :eek:

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I no hate nuttin' :)

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

May I suggest we put our energies into HELPING with the new iteration of this track? The other thread is active and let's all keep a positive momentum going given the wonderful collaboration that is now occurring.