[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Maybe he is hired from a big gaming company and has been not allowed to keep this project.
    If that whtas happening, stay cool pleclair, most of here even being sad to see this great work coming to an end, will support yours new challenges. No reason to not be ashamed for anything. What we have until here already is an awesome piece of work.
    Most on community is grateful for so many effort putted on this project and wish best luck in your professional career as track modder. You deserve to be regular payed for your work. Hope this time ISI did the right move and bring you to the team. In fact this explain a lot the lack of updates and communication from you. lol

Realy wish you are OK no matter what your professional choice you´re doing for living. (If this applies to your current situation). If you are ok and reading this, just say hi to people of the comunnity know if you are OK.

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

For that he would have to do a scratch work as if that would be the case all converters would get such jobs and he had alot of comunity help to from texturing to all kinda stuff. Game dev if they take somebody than they look for somebody that can do all around track, nobody looks for those doing conversion only.

I would say that he came to the end of what is posibile with this track and lost motivation and we can hope he is allright.
    As it was talked from begining, the track is just tooo old fur new games and reworking it is far more work than doing it new but the result of reworking this track would not give you what it would be posibile with new one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

ISI, please license this track. Please!

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I agree. Although if someone stops coming here, it would be logical to say at this point he doesn't want attention from here. Life has it's priorities.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

And a "Hello, I am fine" from any of his email's or PM's would settle this.

6. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

or "i´m ****ed, need to be alone" work too.

7. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Thanks for clarifying Ales. I didn´t know that was a difference between converting and doing from scratch (about who can do it).
    I thought converting it was just a shortcut but basically the same job of making from scratch.

Cheers.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah its big diferente. Example, i can convert a track in good way in a week or a car in days while modeling a track takes months and same for a car. For some people its a start with converting only. Once you dont have something to convert, some started to do stuff from scratch.

9. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

All this talk, but i still can't imagine how the person, who has work that hard and who has write posts in hour basis and inform us about every "move" he make with track, suddenly without a sign disappear like that. I also don't believe, that he was hired by someone, simply from fact i believe, he will be still allowed inform us about new job or whatever will be next move in his life. Like feels does. I don't want to be negative, but this situation as it is(we don't know nothing), has a lot more potential for bad news. I really really hope he is ok(healthy).

10. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Ales, are you becoming interested in creating a Nordschleife from scratch? Is that what you are saying? :p

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Forgive my modding noobness but isn't this version a pretty darn good conversion so far?

Lets say Pleclair just joined a cult or something and won't proceed, wouldn't it be easier for a modder interested in this to continue to project?

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Hehe, interested yes but not posibile at the moment with the cars we are still working and i want to do finish other track we work on.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

From my view no, i wouldnt have even started it. What ever you try to do from this point on is so much that you can start from zero and make new one.

14. F3n3k

F3n3k Registered

Hello

No news here ?

15. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Registered

Apparently Pleclair disappeared. So no, no news for a long time here. :-(

16. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Good news !!!

17. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Laser-scanned Nordschleife coming! Yes!

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Good news , thanks John.

Im sure peclair will be chuiffed by all those concerned about him .

Look forward to his update

19. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

That's a relief.

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

WOOHOO!! Thanks for the good news, this makes me really really happy now. [​IMG]