[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nils

Nils Registered

I have seen black skies sometimes, but not only on the Nordschleife.
    I hope Pleclair just takes a break (well deserved btw) and comes back sometime. We need this track to become 1.0. PLEASE!!!

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hehe, pretty good.

Not sure I'm being negative, I would say I'm being realistic.

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I don't want to sound unnecessarily harsh but I think the lack of any kind of response from pleclair is a bit poor in my opinion. Plenty of people donated generously towards this project, which helped buy new PC upgrades. A quick post to update us on what is happening isn't too much to ask I think.

5. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Well, that's what I meant without saying it. I made a donation as well, regardless an update of some kind is the least pleclair can do.

That being said, I hope he is doing well.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Been following Pleclair since the first thread where he asked how-to-even-start.......and he does not struck me as a guy just collecting cash and gifts and then move into the sunset.

I could be wrong of course but I doubt it, especially when you see how passionate he was about this project and how much time and effort he put in to read all comments and trying to please people.

So I reckon he is either restricted in talking to us (i.e. hired for a million bucks) or something is gone fubar. could even be something silly. or something serious. we don't know so why go the disrespect-route in advanced?

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

It wasn't disrespect at all. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason for the silence and everything is fine.

A quick post to update his supporters would stop all this otherwise it's only natural that people ask questions after weeks of nothing at all.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Look, the man could be lying dead on Mt. Everest right now and we are all just questioning each other in very round-about ways. So instead lets actually USE this wonderful thing called the internet and these forums to figure out what is going on.

A) Someone gifted him a monitor correct? So can that person please get us his real name and address. (One person via PM for the sake of privacy)

B) Once he has a real name and place any number of methods of contact open up and if indeed something did happen we will finally stop all this guessing.

So.. Did anyone here have ANY OTHER means of communicating with Pleclair (Email, Skype, Youtube Account)? Does his donations page have any contact info..

Internet Detectives we need to become.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yes, because finding him through his nickname proved to be futile.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Email is displayed in the paypal link. His real name is public as well on some sites.

Which links to several social media all not updated since 2011, possible relatives don't mention anything special so it seems but then again, I don't speak French so its hard to follow sometimes.

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

First, Thanks again pleclair and all who have made this a reality for rFactor 2.

My speculation: Pleclair and Nor are collaborating, fixing terrains and adding elements. If you go back to posts from Dec. 12 you see he was reshaping the surrounding terrain and was at the bilstein bridge, quite a long way from the finish!

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

One of his media pages has actually been active this month, though there isn't anything you can really tell from just that. Though I hope that means he is ok. It would be nice of him to pop in and update us on his situation if he can. When you simply disappear people assume the worst and all sorts of things.

People have donated to him, but he doesn't actually owe them anything. I'm sure the donations were given with the understanding that this project would be seen to completion but no one has actually 'paid' for a track with a set deadline, a donation doesn't guarantee anything and anything can happen along the way. Still, donations given in good faith should have that good faith reciprocated with some communication, however little or bad news it may be. Wait and see what happens, hopefully this won't remain in limbo for too long and we will find out what is happening. If someone who has been in touch with him outwith the forum can find out, maybe they can pass a message on to everyone here if he isn't going to make an appearance himself any time soon.

Anyway this was never going to be taken to 1.0 in a very short time, there's so much work to be done, so much to learn and even if he's been having a break and real life matters have taken over I would expect that when he does get back to it he will more than make up for time away from it. What we have with this track at the moment is more than most of us expected to have at this stage, especially after the GTR version was scuppered. So much work has gone into it already, we've been a bit spoiled :p

13. Nor

Nor Registered

Sorry to disappoint you I don't work on that track

14. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

[​IMG]

15. Ecco_pRv

Ecco_pRv Registered

Can at least someone create a proper AIW file?

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Guise! Check out the track on this build (494) for me its a world of difference , graphics, shadows, lightning, frame rates, it all went up and the track looks seriously serious now!

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's seriously some serious seriousness. I'll load it up right away and have a gander. :)

No one has heard from Pleclair still..?

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Yes I noticed a big difference, driving the AMGT3 at 4pm clear skies was . uber cool

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Since the track didn't change, can we assume you were not using an HDR profile before? Or a lousy one?

20. bwana

bwana Registered

I was using torsches HDR. For me the new build has allowed more graphics enhancement and a FPS gain. Shadows for example . Overall makes for a better experience