[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agreed. Please use a "normal" download service as well.

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hey guys!

Ok, now this is getting serious!

I've redone most of the textures (yet again), including, trees, treelines, grasses, roads, guardrails, tirestacks, curbs, tatoos and more... plus redone the bumps/spec for most of these as well and then some.

With the donations I got last week end, I managed to purchase ShaderMap v2 and its blowing crazybump out of the water. I'm just really happy I didnt purchased Crazybump, it was a tad expensive.

Also, turns out all bumps I made with Crazybump were wrong, it wasnt set right for me, and thats why I didnt had the bump I sort of expected.

ShaderMap produces much better normal maps. And its a fraction of the price too. 39$. Was a no brainer!

So, I'll keep it short, and follow on with screenshots, I'll be going to sleep soon, I'm way past bed time again.. :p (I worked pretty much non stop since my last release on this.. as you can probably figure given the number of things changed :p)

Took me again a little more than 1 day alone on the grass, and about 2 days getting the trees right alone :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This time around, I built my texture without HDR. Previously, I was using HDR, and since I didnt wanted the blown out look, I resorted to lowering saturation and lightness, and that made non hdr looks really bad.

This time, non hdr people will be very very pleased, I think. On many occasion, I paused the screen, and it almost looked like a picture.

The basic HDR profile is strong. But still highly enjoyable. It will satisfy those liking strong colours.

This time, I'm sure everything is right for Tosch to work out a more finalized HDR profile.

I'm currently uploading to Mega, doubt I'll be still awake by then tho.

I really wanted this out for the week end, since I know most of you guys have more play time then, and turns out I'm two days ahead :)

I won't be using BTsync anymore, its too much trouble and it doesnt make sense for me to upload to everyone wanting it, when I can simply upload once, and let you download at much faster speed anyway.

I'll be catching up on the thread tomorrow. See ya then, and hope you are as delighted with these shots as I am :) I know I said last week end it was a brand new track, and it is once again :p

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Legend! Great work.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

When the mega link comes out I will throw it in my BTsync folder and propagate it to the masses with my 25mbit upload. It is too good a system to not use.

EDIT:: Actually Pleclair, when the mega link comes up just swap out f for g in your folder so the Secret code stays the same and by that time I will already have it shared too. So it should use everyones bandwidth and leave you alone. You are just the keeper of the folder and need to have everything set the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  5. hoover

hoover Registered

I'll also help seeding once the new version hits the servers. I don't get your comment though pleclair... you only upload once in effect same as with mega, the upside being that all clients will instantly propagate to each other what is already out there and available on the net (what's already been uploaded from your end).

Thanks again for your hard work, it's great to hear the donations effected something!

Cheers, Uwe

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Registered

I'll make sure to seed as well. I have a 60Mbit upload, and I'll look into setting a BTSync folder at work on our 30Gbit connection.. should max out the few users we have on the BTSync thing.. :)

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Huh? What a huge bandwidth ^-^ :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Sorry - you can't beat my 980kbps upload. Screaming into the 19th century.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

u must live in a place where no roads go

10. Martin Stephan

Martin Stephan Registered

I can beat it :D
    96 kbps Upload / 384 kbps Download -in Germany we call it "DSL lite" powerd by German Telekom,and no chance to get more speed *muaaahhhhh*

11. Timallen

Timallen Registered

oh yes DSL light, i have it to .

12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Registered

Fiber optics is the future!
    We have 60/60, and that is their lowest speed. I love my ISP! :)

Anyways, back on topic.
    Nordschleife is looking great! :)

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

That is about the same I got... gives me around 80kilobytes per seconds of max upload speed.

The thing is, I got 16 mbps download, so I can download nearly at 2megabytes per seconds...

Sigh... viva Bell!

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Excellent!!

Thanks for using Mega, I personally prefer that and have no issues using it.

16. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Yes!! thank you very much pleclair and all who make this legendary track

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh, and also done alpha channels for all road textures ;) I think I figured out how to :) Level adjustment layers once again to the rescue!

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh, and do me a favour :) On your first lap on it, set the start time to 4am, and time acceleration to 60x, so 1min=1hr... After a lap and a half or so, you will have seen the whole day cycle. Worth it imo :) Get a car with lights and enjoy :)

19. fischkopf

fischkopf Registered

Aye Aye Captain. I can't wait :cool:

20. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh.... I've been wondering what was that darn line... it hasnt always been there, but its already been a while that they are there.

I'll try to turn off tiling on the y axis and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks for the nice explanation! Most helpful!