[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I tried that BES mod. All her mods have atrocious physics. Don't know why anyone wastes their time... Should rename name it the BS mod :)

2. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Yes, I can get on the track but it's like the car has it's brakes locked. Go to another track and all is fine, very strange!

3. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Good Morning,
    please check this locations, if its correctly in your ring: 1 and 2

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, this could be nice; but why on earth do you think you can force us to take a new browser?

Either you want to share, or you don't, but please F off with those links that forces us to download a new browser first(!!)
    Safari is not good enough; I don't even use Safari on this machine!

It's a shame you are allowed to mess up the game and community by this kind of........well, it's just some sort of spamming right? Like very bad sites do......you take it here to this forum!

5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

who's forcing you?
    and how?

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, you're right; you have no idea what I mean and when you want to play a mod; you are gad to alter al kind of things on your system just to get one track that's missing.

It's not a scam?? It gives this message exactly the same on a machine running IE.

[​IMG]

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Never had those problems with downloading from Mega, it works fine with IE, Firefox and Chrome. As far as I know it's not a scam site, it's a resurrection from good ol' Megaupload hosting site.

8. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

No Problems on my side. Using Firefox on Win7 Machine. I personaly found that mega is quite fast in the download, so i can't complain.

I think the tracks layout is off at quite some places. I would at least add the Breidscheid Bridge to your list of corners which are wrong. It has too much camber and the Beton-Curbs towards the wall drop off too much.
    But i think it would be very hard for preclair to find good reference for those places and change them. :(

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The MEGA site uses an advanced encryption methodology and custom UI and it's loader requires a modern browser.

Safari just isn't modern enough.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I also have problems with MEGA.

Just take this track from here: http://www.rsrf.de/

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks TIG!

And Zeospantera; even on other machines with IE this happens as I said.......it still says this about Safari; that's reason more to think it's a scam.

With scam I don't mean the track, but the site where we have to get it.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

anyone notice the little x at the top right of the "warning box" It's not a force to be reckoned with, just close it out and continue.
    If you can't ever download the whole file, then you will know that it was telling you the truth.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Indeed, just ignore it. we get to put stuff online for free so we have to accept a fair amount of crap that go's with it and u can't expect an uploader to test out his file on all browsers to see if It works or not.
    Also sometimes people just click the wrong thing, free-thingy's are always cluttered with additional links and ads and designed to fool us.

But just have 2 or 3 different browsers installed and keep them up to date. use one default browser and on occasion briefly change it for a single task like I do with certain por....well never mind.

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I haven't read much, but I see it has turned into some sort of browser war? Sigh....

Whatever...

Here is the news!

After playing with the trees a little more. Changed a lot of them, since prior to getting those textures, I had tried a supposedly texture upgrade for Nords, but turned out it wasnt that good.. but I still had it installed, and turns out the trees it replaced was consisted in a lot more coniferous than leaves trees. So I went back again from the default texture (those you have) since they are matching more closely the real trees of Nords.

I also started work on treelines, created most of them. Those that are far back looks pretty good. The side one you see too close to track looks better, but still looks too odd. I'll be replacing those with real BB trees later on. A good example is when you enter the track, and you have a view of the highway... the trees far back are a treeline, and doesnt look as good as the real trees.

Lol, lost what I was gonna say, but here it is, after playing with the trees, and driving at very slow speed to look at them carefully, I noticed there was still cracks in the area I thought I had fixed, and a lot more than I would have hoped to find.

Turns out every vertices that were just lined up to an edge (even at max zoom, and spot on it, it was a pain to position), were showing up slight (like 1px) cracks in the right angle.

So I had to go back from paddock again, and match the road geometry much further, all the way to the far scenery where the geometry is highly reduced.

I also found a very nice script, Set Edge Length available here, in this toolbox, that allows me to do exactly as the title says. Set edge lengths.

Just got that yesterday, and the guy that created it already added two features that will speed up my workflow quite considerably. The tool alone would have already helped, but now its even better!

Why it is good for me? Since the geometry was so low on the side, mesh smooth isnt a possibility at all, it mess it up bad. Tessellate adds too much, since I would have to do it twice.

So I'm doing it all by hand, with connect, cut, etc... but even then, the geometry still looked blocky, because of the highly uneven edge length to the side of the road, resulting in moving the vertices with Mario's script to match the now smooth road.

I was actually pulling each edges by hand at first, so I would not have blocky looking corners (roadside) and curbs.

So I'm using the set edge length script after using Mario's to pull the vertex to road, to have even edge lengths.

Now I noticed that the edges were all perfectly even, there was a slight variation, and the script allows me to randomize between two numbers. So I can keep a natural looking sideline.

The area done is looking much better now!

I also took a closer look at the demo Joesville Max file, and understood how terrain blending works now!

So with the extra geometry on the sides, I'll be able to blend in nicely looking grass, with no repeating pattern.

You can see a video of the mesh in Max here:

Still hard to say when 0.97 will be done, but I'll release 0.96a as soon as I'm done with sector 1, so you can help me out nail possible details I havent seen in sector 1.

Please, keep the thread clean. That's all I ask.

If you have issues with anything else than the track itself (using default ISI's cars), please create a new thread, or resolve the matter in a more respectful way.

I've seen issues with most car mods in lots of standard ISI's track. I've seen the BES bounce at silverstone and on Croft for example... and other funny thing... the lola also bounced at limerock for me.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

GRAB_460 was done before I discovered the set edge length script. I smoothed it out by hand, less blocky than what was there before, but still far from what is done with set edge length. :)

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

How? You DON'T get the download than.......
    The fact it says Safari when I'm on IE tells me even more about the site. The fact 4 machines here say the same thing, tells me again it's a scam site.
    Just clicking it away......wow.....you do live in this world, right?

Do we really need this kind of CRAP to get stuff? Do we just take it in the butt? It seems so; everyone is just going "it's okay, I'll do it.....I'll download a virus too if you want me to".

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Wow...

there is no virus, and its one of the easiest file sharing site I've came across... and one of the best speed as well.

I won't be sending to multiple site, I pay for my bandwidth.

If you aren't happy with this, convert your own version and enjoy your own work.

Now, if you think you got a virus downloading this track, then my friend, I can not help you anymore... so stop polluting the thread about false accusations.

Whenever I want to download stuff with multiple file sharing link, I always prefer Mega, and never had any problems whatsoever, uploading, downloading, and sharing is all very easy.

edit: btw there are user created mirrors...

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Great work pleclair! :) Progress looks really nice.