[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hazi

Hazi Registered

2. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

THanks for your work , it rocks shettland pony!
    To reply : no it's not really race ready yet as it lacks the starting light and i didn't heard the starting buzzer sound too .
    But so far it is awesome!
    I must try it with the skippy under rain.

3. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

Wow! This is THE track that every simulation have to be. I can't believe that you release this so soon. Thank you very much pleclair!

4. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

of course this is released now when I have no time to test :D

thank you pleclair!

One thing which is weird is that I already drove this track in rf2 over a year ago...but I guess that anybody didn't like that version then? I remember that it was pretty ok. Maybe I launch it sometime and compare to this one.

6. johnconner

johnconner Registered

not anther nords I have 2 already this one is good?

7. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

what versions do you have? I know that there is the 1975 Version but i wanted the modern layout.

8. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Excellent conversion. Thank you pleclair. It's amazing how you have managed to do the conversion and improvement work in a few days.

Bumps are amazing and extremely challenging, road surface and resolution is perfect.

The only thing I don't see perfect, but maybe that's just me, it's sky. Colours are too vivid and it seems to happen because of the sky. It happened to me in the first and only conversion I made, but again, maybe that's just me and it could be issued with a good HDR profile.

9. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

That 1975 version needs a lot of work... I didn't know there was another release of this version a year ago...

Just set a 8:17.something in the V8 Ute... But that was a scruffy lap (those things have next to no brakes haha) so I think a sub 8 minute lap is possible

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

Just drove my first laps at The Ring with open gearbox megane mod and it was amazing. I had a hard time to exit the pits. Even found a road that took me somewhere I cannot describe since I was lost. I got a stop and go for that. The sensation of speed is brutal. I will need some more laps before I can drive without incidents.

We have set a server with the track and these modified meganes. The updated vehicle and Vmod can be downloaded at http://racerfactor.com/foros/viewtopic.php?p=26788#p26788

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  11. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Thanks for your hard work
    cheers
    Gub

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks pleclair! Great work

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Thank you - cant wait to try :)

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Bravo !
    I didn't think this project can be released so quickly !
    You've made a great job, track already looks very nice (road, trees, kerbs).
    Thank you.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

It would be great if any track modder who has installed any vehicle within devmode, could zip the vehicle folderand the required mod so that others could use it. Skip barber is not suitable for aiw editing.

The tutorial is oudated since megane has evolved in version. The tutorial in the wiki does not clearly explain certain things regarding paths and the names ti be used. Two or three done examples would do better work as tutorial than what is actually written in them.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I just drove few half of a laps with various cars (I think I should drop the damage to 0%, or find my lighter shoes 0_o), and couple full laps eventually aswell.
    Last time I got to drive Nords was in GT5 last summer, this is a treat that just keeps on giving.
    I found that many of the community made vehicles wont work here, getting them out of the parking lot didnt happen for some odd reason, but all the ISI made ones worked as intented.

Thank you pleclair, and the original rf1 mod team that made this track come alive.

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks!

The cartoonish color comes with the HDR profile you are probably using (ISI's default, since the track have none yet)

With HDR turned off, you'll see nice natural colors :)

Far from cartoonish on my side anyway, look at my video for comparison.

Tosch will likely release an HDR profile soon... in the meantime, try tosch or isi's profile for silverstone, (I tried tosch personally, and it looked alright!)

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

It is race ready btw... the ai works perfectly.

This is a track with no grid, so it should be a rolling start. This was the track default when I first converted it. But somehow, in the process of importing in 3dsmax, to 3dsimed (in rf1 mode), then convert to rf2.. so now it seems the default have changed to standing.

If you set the start to rolling in settings, you will be able to race properly.

Does the real track have a grid? Cause I don'T remember in any video seeing a grid on the tarmac?

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Exactly! Colors are far from cartoonish with no HDR. Its very realistic.

Thats why I mentionned below dl link to remember to turn off HDR for best result!

Tosch will likely be fixing that sooner than later ;) Have faith!

20. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

For the 24hr race they use the grid on the GP circuit.