[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

Thanks Hectari :D

And thanks again pleclair!!!!! Just loaded her up and damn... I won't be doing anything else this week unless I'm forced to ahaha.

2. v-man

v-man Registered

Thanks for the time and effort plecair :cool:, downloading now

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hey, this is fantastic!
    I knew you could do it.
    You gave it version .08, fits pretty good for my rating of B-, but hey, great job. It's much appreciated by those who drive it.
    ( I gave it a B- because I didn't want to seem biased.)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Great for 1GB card users too.

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Nah, that seems realistic. Considering Silverstone an A or A+, this B- seems appropriate.

Specially good for an rF1 track I must say!

At times, it almost looks photorealistic, at times it looks like a standard rF2 track, and at times it looks like a conversion (when you see the low poly objects with low res textures)

I will change all this over time :)

I will also be looking at the winter and fall version of that tourist layout. If the track itself is the same, and only textures changes... we could be having the fall and winter version sooner than I thought!

I'd like to convert all 10 layouts of the 2.2a Nordschleife release!

6. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Just took the formula 2 out and had a blast.. Must try it with no HDR.. is there a way to toggle HDR on/off?

Looking forward to future updates, best of luck :)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

The link was good-ish, here's the correct one:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4lrw5lllthgxk0/Police Rfactor2.rar
    (Don't leave spaces in DP-links Max)

Here's a new track download: link removed, sorry guise.
    Glad I finally can help out a bit with this project :)
    one click-download, no adds, totally free except for Durge, he needs to make a small donation to our server costs :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh forgot! tested the track, did about 15 laps so far and I am really liking it man!

Graphics wise anything will do for me, things will never look shiny on my machine but boy is it fun to go round and round.

Raced a bit with the AI and after carousel the car in front jumped out of the carousel-exit and he kept jumping his front like a bunny for about 15 seconds lol, weirdest thing! Not sure if bug or something else.
    Was in Meganes.

Tomorrow some serious testing :)

9. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

10. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice one Max :)

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks, I added the link in the first post, with mention to you.

The F2 is very nice on that track. Actually, all cars I've tried so far are nice on it! I think it has something to do with the track itself! So nice!

The 60s f3 are a blast as well! So is the clio! Interesting a FWD with a spiraling downward tight corner and stuff!

For HDR, configure sim when you launch the launcher, or in the video options in game.

I think the bouncing isnt related to the track itself. I've seen the AI bounce like a hydraulic car on a few circuits, including silverstone. Never happened to me tho.

If it happens again, at the same place, maybe there is something.

:) Yes, it is very interesting to drive! I really like the challenge! Still having problems making one lap (but I havent played much yet, couple laps here and there, in between a reply or two!)

Its so easy to ruin the car, that you respawn at pit because of a crash, so you know the first part of the circuit better than the rest! At least, that's my problem now!

I know it took me nearly a week to learn shift 2's nords well, in order to race the scion time attack car on it! Had pretty good lap time with that!

Merci bcp! Génial! Il sera utilisé tel quel! (À part la correction permanent road race pour permanent road course, ce qui est écrit sur les autres circuits)

13. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

oups désoler comme j'ai vu que tu etais français je me suis dit que tu t'etais tromper entre course et Race...
    mdr

14. Hectari

Hectari Registered

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Excellent job with the track ... hope you will open the gate in the right, allowing a timed warm up lap just like in the rF version

16. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

I know this track like the back of my hand thanks to the rfactor 1 version... 3 laps in a clio and I set a 8:35.6 :)

I know I'm getting repetitive, but really appreciate the work :)

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks! Well, now that you speak of it, I just noticed the sign earlier today about the timed lap. Was wondering if it was a feature of the real circuit (and was added for realism), or if it could be done in rFactor.

How does that work? Seemingly, it was working in rFactor 1, and I didnt changed anything about that object (I think).

Any pointers on how to get it working?

Also, someone reported the 66 camaro spawning stuck. It can be fixed with the use of the AI...

But I'd like to fix it. I know it's somewhere in the tdf... probably in the garage(or is it called pits?) section? But its broken down in team.

I went to dev mode, but since I dunno how to install cars in there, I used the trainer, and went to where the 66 camaro spawn. It's something like 319,5xx I cant remember exactly, but one entry was close enough to let me believe it was this one. (was within 1 value).

Changed it, and spawn at the very same location.

Think it was team #3 that matched the location of the 66 camaro.

I'd appreciate any pointers in that regard as well.

Also, for future reference, what is the teleport section in there? And how to determine the team # of a particular car?

Wow! Impressive! I'd have to see my shift 2 time with a similar car to compare. I'd like to make some videos later on comparing rF2 to rF1 version, rF2 to Shift 2 version, rF2 to real life version :) And see how the three compares!

I'm still struggling with this version. It's similar to shift 2's but much harder. A lot less forgiving! The PDF that has just been posted will likely be most helpful!

It's gonna be hard to drive anything else now!

I just made 2 lap in a row for the first time in the clio, clocked at a little less than 1min more, about 9:26. :)

At least I have a ghost now! Gonna run 3 laps at first to have one! Now it's down to 2.. 9 mins per lap.

In a week or so I should be in the 8 something.

Have you tried the 60s f3? Enjoyable drive as well!

Thank you very much for this! Havent got the time to read it now, but will soon!

The first picture, the car on 2 wheels is crazy... see how the front wheel is lifted! Insane!

Can't wait to read this! Thanks again! I'm sure it will be helpful for many!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Non, en fait j'ai regardé sur un autre piste de rf2 pour avoir la même épellation. Car sur le loading de rf1, c'était écrit qqch d'autre si je ne me trompe pas... :)

19. RJames

RJames Registered

Fantastic work pleclair, have been following the threads and great to see this come to release. Alot of hard work and effort by yourself and hat's off to the community members that have chipped in with help and advise to make this happen.

I've given it a quick run and look forward to driving it further.

Couple of questions:
    1. Is the track race ready? (e.g. flags etc)
    2. Is there a preset grid, where is the location?

I've put together a quick lap video with the Camaro GT3, please feel free to share. I will also later provide a further download mirror for you when we launch our new site.

Many thanks and all the best.

Rob

20. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Thank you so much! I never thought a release would come this quick, awesome.

Just had the AI run a few laps to check it out, it looks really good for a first release! The roads itself are already excellent in my opinion, only thing to change ( for me at least ) would be a couple of better tree models with shadows ( like in the GMT Video, i was pretty stunned by that ) and the track all looks a bit cartoonish, regarding the colors ( primarily the green of trees and grass ).

Check out a video i recorded lately for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsu732R4rBc

Dont get me wrong, its an excellent job! Im so happy that someone finally did this for rF2. Just want to add feedback on how to further improve it