[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. antoinel12

antoinel12 Registered

Thanks a lot for that work!

I was disapointed by the GMT/Simbin problem sooner this week.

Un gros merci!

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hmmm, I just checked my other thread, and its July 31st.

So about 5 days, but would have taken less if I didnt had to do the material swaps two times fully!

But I learnt! Was my first ever work such as this (mod, track, whatever for a game).

I had followed an introduction to blender last year, so it served me in 3dsmax. Even tho they arent the same software, I wasnt so lost to do the basic stuff I needed to do.

I wouldnt even call myself a modeler at this point! Just someone with lots of determination and will (sometimes) :p

EDIT: Proves that anyone following Mario Morais and Spaskis tutorial and a basic knowledge of 3d software could do the same ;) It was a great experience! Loved it!

EDIT2: 5 days, but over 10 hours per day tho :) Just this weekend alone have been .... :p Specially saturday... started around 9am or so, and went to sleep at something like 1am...

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Same! I started the same day, or the day after the announcement :) That motivated me to start it!

De rien, ça fait plaisir! :)

4. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

While I agree torrents are the way of the future, I too have a crap upload speed...

I can tell you a file this size would of kept people waiting almost all day until someone with a good upload speed or seedbox uploaded it willingingly... And the popularity of this track could make it 2 days...

Almost there... First car to get the Nordschleife treatment is the SCES Prototype which I'll then post some screens in the skins section...

It's going to be hard to race on any other track this week... Or any other week for that matter :)

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Btw, I need a very nice screenshot of the track, to use as the loading screen.

If you havent noticed, its the background that comes with the loading screen template, which happens to be monaco.

A screenshot showing the track with no car. Something showing slopes and twists, something nice.

I will do it myself for the next release if no one sent a good one before.

Wanted to give the chance for someone to have his screenshot used as the loading screen of an iconic track!

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Around just over 50 hours , gosh , well done for getting it done so quickly

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Someone please try the #66 Camaro and confirm it is stuck or if its just me

Thank you

8. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Ah

Check my post above. Explains that ;)

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes it is stuck! The rear seems to spawn on the cement or something. Still hard to believe it couldnt get out.. but hmmm...

I'll see if I can fix that issue. Anyone knows where to look for? the scn file or aiw?

10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Thanks very much for this pleclair, awesome work!

Browser advice:
    I downloaded with no problems in 2 minutes. I use Firefox with Adblock Plus, Better Privacy and Ghostery as add ons. My cookies are set to never accept 3rd party cookies and to always ask to accept or deny/block the cookies of the site itself(Tools->options->Privacy tab, leave 'accept cookies from sites' ticked, set 'accept 3rd party cookies' to never and set 'keep until' to ask me every time).

Unless i need to sign in to a site i always block the cookies, not many sites require you to accept cookies for access but there are a few file sharing sites that won't give you the file unless you accept their cookies and i steer clear of them. Though this is not one of them to deny access if you deny cookies. No sign of any app needing installed, just a straight up download link that was clear as day.

Some other sites require cookies be accepted for access to content and it's harmless but you should always be wary, gotta keep your browser on lockdown, it's easy to lose control when you have no controls in place.

I highly recommend other people do the same and get these add ons and take control of their cookies etc. (add ghostery and it will shock you just how much is going on in the background of some of the sites you visit!)

[​IMG]

ps. search and form history is just personal preference, use it if you require or are used to having it

pps. if you deny a site and then want to allow it's cookies or vice versa you can click on exceptions to go through the list of allowed/blocked cookies, or go in and clear them all to start over, it won't clear your saved passwords but you will need to sign in again on the sites you frequent.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Found it! It's in the .aiw file. It will be fixed in the next update!

12. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Awesome work. Thanks

13. Pumbaa666

Pumbaa666 Registered

I use Firefox and adblock, but can't find those privacy settings Hectari...

View attachment 9108

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Working fine here; getting 150+ FPS by myself. :)

Great work!

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Sorry i missed a step, change 'Firefox will: Remember history' to 'Use custom settings for history' with the drop down menu. You should have the options then.

Edit: added a pic my original post to show you

16. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hmm, I fiddled with the one entry I thought it was in the aiw, and it wasnt it.

The grid and teleport location (I dunno what's the teleport, the grid is obvious) is sorted by car number, or position, I cannot be sure, but the pits are sorted by team.

I dunno how to install cars in dev mode, so I took the skip barber to the spot the #66 camaro spawn, and found one team that had similar coords, changed it and didnt spawned a pixel elsewhere.

Althought, I asked my neighbor to push the car, and we somehow got it out! (Use the AI for a sec, he'll get it out for you :p)

I'll still try to fix it for next update.

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I did a search for the rf2 font, and found the same one, but from a different family (extended I think)... it is look alike, but thinner a bit.

I'll use this one for the next update.

EDIT: Can you fix the link? Dropbox 404

19. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Thanks pleclair excellent base for you too precede on

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Unreal job :)

Great fps.

Rubberin' for new Historic Modern Tracks Mod.

24th to 14th My ai is too fast for them lopl