Weird User bug (Member of our League)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Drathuu, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

See Video -
    The player in the Blue car (on ours (and others) multiplayer servers) cannot see any other car on the server.. and all cars on the server can drive through him.. Yet we can all see him and he updates normally with a normal pings.. Ie we can follow him round for laps, race him, but cannot collide.. (and of course he cant see us at all)

Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be ? Is it his client not responding to server packet queries ? but his client is sending his position data ?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm assuming it would be packet loss on his connection. This happen to him all the time?

3. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Tim, thanks for the quick reply,

No, he has raced with us for years.. albeit last 4 weeks been absent.. I was also thinking it would be network issue of some kind. Its like his PC is sending data to the server (we can see him), but when the server sends him data its not returning it - so yes likely some kind of packet loss..

I will have him review his connection and do some testing on it for packet loss .. (will let you know what we find).

Dave