18 months on your thoughts on rFactor2 ........in 25 WORDS or LESS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Aug 2, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I'll give you $250.00 for you to accidentally lose/give me your project cars account.

2. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Over-accentuated lift-off oversteer and snap back, poor multiplayer, dodgy collisions, hidden UI for multiscreeners, always battling fps, still the best but frustrating as fanateccing hell!

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

...started with rf2,
    mostly playing iracing now
    (it shows how good a sim can be)

4. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

Sorry to clog up the thread, but I think it's important for me to say publicly that my account is not for sale, even if that was allowed. Which it isn't. :)

While I'm here... Just had an AI Clio race. It reminded me why I'm not walking away from rF2 either. Really great fun!

5. Jän Hahn Liang

Jän Hahn Liang Registered

Majority of the comment is GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC, GRAPHIC...

Is graphic really that important in sim racing?

IMHO, those great graphics I see in other games are fantastic but not realistic, when I race karts in real life with looking out with my eyes, I don't shiny reflection effects, I don't see super detailed grass or road texture, I don't see things in HDR effects etc.

Sorry I didn't know how to count :rolleyes:

6. Domi

Domi Registered

True. But that doesn't make rF2 graphics better.

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Getting Better.. All the time.. http://goo.gl/hQkLoU

8. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

I think this has a lot to do with how the game runs like molasses and is as attractive as a baboon's sphincter. Atleast if the game were properly pretty, then there would be a better excuse for why it runs terribly on most pc's.

9. Bart S

Bart S Member

I tell you why it runs bad that your not going to see too much more improvement in terms of execution speed. It is the anticheat system below the hood it all adds up in realtime. But I would rather it still be there than not and on a proper new system its not really bad.
    Sure graphics are all about the shaders right now but its so much harder with the dynamic world that is rfactor2 than any other system. It will be better and look great have faith, maybe not as good as the other sims but you have to put into context the tremendous difference between all the sims and the one with a real dynamic changing world.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

25 words.. pfft..

Lets get down to realistic figures. EVERY 3D world is made up of only a few things. Geometry(and fake geometry "Normals"), Texture Quality (and material reflections) and Lighting(this includes HDR)..

That is it. The original DOOM had low poly geometry, 32x32 textures and fullbright. So what ISI have to do is upgrade a few of these things. Like higher detail models on all things, crank the textures to 150% and add normals and GET THE LIGHTING RIGHT.. rF2 looks like rF1 in most shots because of the poor lighting AND default HDR..

11. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The fault is not only dynamic world. For example to turn mirrors consume very many FPS, and do not reflect the reality.
    The graphics engine is great because of the FPS problem.

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Again, can't see the point for your links and videos.

The video about the HDR is using wrong values, causing clipping and negatives. Really don't know what's the point to randomly mess with parameters in a development tool, to prove something is messed up ingame.

And about Normals...they're in since day 1, same for higher details models/textures (when and where needed).

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well the video was just my single mid-day HDR mod trying to get the sun to actually look bright as hell like it would be without sunglasses on in June in Georgia. It should absolutely clip in the brightest sun on the white surfaces. I didn't bother with the 24 separate profiles for every hour of the day.. YET!

And if they are running with normals on since day 1 ISI are doing a poor job showing it on default tracks. Some Tracks ;) do a better job then others showing detail, proper model detail and texture resolution. But even on your baby the grass texture is flat as a board. Would more extreme normals not give that a better look or is 3d grass the ultimate fix-all we are waiting for?

14. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

At first I was excited, then I was disappointed, now I'm indifferent. Got no regrets, and will follow the progress. I'll be over at iRacing.

15. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Game runs fine for me, and looks good. Best FFB and physics I've experienced. Cheaper than iRacing. Already has enough European content, needs more ovals. :cool:

16. mobanton

mobanton Registered

The only problem I have with rf2 is conflicting mods causing crashes. I find it extremely difficult to ascertain which mods cause rf2 to crash.

17. RGerke

RGerke Registered

Short answer...YES! A realistic Sim must have a realistic Graphics, and not a
    colored toony style, and ugly Textures and Refextions. Look to Assetto and
    You know what we all mean. i have a 1700 Eur Pc, and i want 1700 Eur Graphics with
    DX11!

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

So you want this?

[​IMG]

19. Banger

Banger Registered

wonderful (in 25 words). :)

get on with it, stop whinging about physics,FFB,HDR.and drive it,it get done when it done.you guys trying to get a ferrari out of a fiat panda.plz

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered