REPLACED Chevrolet Camaro GT3 v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

IMO the modifed hdr looks best. However it still cannot get rid of the damm red tones which are not reakistic at all and spoil the overall impression.
    No kidding: At my job there is a really high number of daltonic people, 5 that I know within around 100 people in central department (with different types of daltonism besides). It might be ocurring something similar at ISI?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

"Wierd feeling of no grip", "should be a lot more stable"... Yeah I'm sure they'll take that as an advice as it's very helpful and great feedback...not:)

It's very stable. You don't say in wich way it's unstable but the only thing I can think about is that you mean it's sliding too much, oversteering. Well for me it was too much understeering going on so I had to soften the front and stiffer the rear a bit, otherwise pretty much default. I can't see how it's unstable, the car still rather understeer in long and high speed corners. In the slow corners the huge rear wing doesn't provide any downforce and you have to be more careful with the throttle, but still much easier than many other rF2 cars :confused:

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It's a front engined car though, that may help explaining the understeer feeling you have, it's a big car. Can't say i suffered alot with understeer, possibly overcooking braking zones maybe, carrying too much entry speed?

It is lairy out of the slow stuff with oversteer but perfectly easy to catch. I really like the car.

I noticed something tonight with modded tracks aswell and how different the car feesl in terms of grip especially on the Feels3 tracks, more so Poznan. The track feels quite slippery too me ( even rubbered in ) in comparison to the VLM and ISI tracks. Does anyone else notice this or is just me? Car feels noticeably more planted and better on the VLM and ISI tracks.

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes, I've noticed it. I had plenty of grip at Sebring! I have not yet tried feels3 tracks, but compared to Silverstone it was much more grippy. Both tracks well rubbered, online.

Feels3 tracks has always been more slippery I think.

6. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Green track maybe?

Did you take laps into account?

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yeah of course I've been carrying too much entry speed a couple of times :p But I don't have any oversteering issues at all, except the slow corners but that's no problem to catch...or just take it easier with the throttle...

Yes, I agree.

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Good glad it's not just me. I ran a decent session and was bemused when rubber was down and still it didn't feel like it had gone down. Switched to Sebring and in less time than Poznan, i could feel the car was alot more planted.

May be placebo though, i will test more tomorrow but i'm convinced something feels off there.

The track feels quite slippery too me ( even rubbered in ) < yes mate

9. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Weird, Wonder why.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Has anyone checked tdf files?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

11. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I agree. Many of the tracks are slippery. Mid Ohio and Sebring are my go to tracks for testing.

Also like Long Beach even though the straight is a bit bumpy.

Wish we could standardize the tarmac. ;)

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Don't forget tarmac IS very different from track to track in real life... different grip. But of course it depends on who is creating it. As I've said, feels3's tracks are more slippery, vlm tracks more grippy and ISI tracks somewhere in between perhaps... I think.

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I think you're right with that. Funny thing is VLM's Ohio always felt slippy to me in rF1 in comparison to others. Now it feels better than the majority of tracks in rF2.

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Well, feels3 I think is going to update his tracks later on when ISI is getting to a more stable situation regarding shaders and whatnot for trackmaking.

15. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Good stuff. Maybe it doesn't even need adjusting, i will mess around more next time i fire up rF2. It was really obvious tonight though to me that there is deffo a difference.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Oh I know Hedlund. That was a joke. Interwebz doesn't show humor I forget. :D

Ive been tearing around in the Camaro all day and I think the grip and balance is great.

Any errors in grip have been the pilot

Sebring, Mid Ohio, Portugal as well as Long Beach all feel excellent

17. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

You'll probably be wanting to reduce the orientation multipliers and perhaps increase the position multipliers to get something like the effect you seek.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I never made a full profile was just messing about. You can copy the same values I have in the screenshot or this video. You can see it doesn't work too well at night. You can luckily set 24 different presets for a day.. One an hour so that is easily thwarted.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  19. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'day,

Physics, FFB and sounds are great for me.

That said, sadly for me this another ISI car that stutters fairly badly and is undrivable, along with the new F2 & C6 with there updated shaders. Even running a test day on my trusty Sebring with a GPU load at 75% & VRAM under 2/3 its limit. After countless tests over the past month or so I believe the culprit for me is the shadow setting and like others have expressed I receive smoother running and performance gains when running at higher settings rather than lower settings.

For me also the LCD displays full display for both tuning options. Strange.

Cheers,

mm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The is quite stable for me, but there is a lot of understeer!