Logitech dfgt help with settings required

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jarmour, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

I am trying to set up my dfgt with rfactor 2 and having difficulties getting the right settings. For example, I have been using the f2 at croft and the quickest I can get down to is a 1.10.8 which is seconds off where I expect to be. I have watched videos on YouTube of other drivers with much more ease in to corners and holding more speed resulting in quicker times.

I am currently using overal effects strength at 105
    Spring effect strength at 20
    Damper effect strength at 10

Enable centering spring in Ffb games checked
    Centering spring strength 0

Degrees of rotation WAS set to 900 but I found it useless so reduced to about 460 for single seaters

Allow game to adjust checked

Has anyone got any tips or good setups they would be kind enough to share?

Thanks

2. Tiger

Tiger Registered

460° degree for single seeter is far too much, it should be around 240° ;)

3. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Is this in the profiler and the game?

4. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

It's so annoying I've tried everything and the car (in particular f2 at croft) just feels like its got tonnes of under steer the wheel has hardly any weight at all. For example sector 1 I'm losing over a second because I can't get on line and keep my foot down! Please help!

5. Tiger

Tiger Registered

in the profiler to be sure that your wheel isn't going to mess around
    in the game adjust the rotation, low down sensitivity of wheel, accel, brakes, for the latest 85% seems to be raisonable
    and then in the game/control menu, look at speed sensitivity, turning sensitivity, and possibly "lacet" sensitivity...

do you have an "heavy" wheel, or just normal, like no ffb on?
    I run a dfgt too, and so far, no problem...

6. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Out of interest (I have the same wheel), Should we set the wheel rotation in both the logitech profiler and the game to the same or leave it at 900 degrees in the profiler and change it in the game settings to lower for each car?

Also, speed sensitive steering, do real cars have this setting or is this just an option in the game because it can be done?

Thanks.

7. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

set it in logitech software, ingame theres a check box next to the steering degrees for car specific or somethign like that, its self explanitory when you see it.

speed sensitive steering is just simulating the effects of the weight of steering changing as you increase or decrease speed, youll feel it in a road car unless the car compensates for it with whatever control systems it has, its personal preference in a game really, i have it at 0.

8. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Cheers thanks.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Except some single seaters, like F1, have closer to 450°. But if you're used to 200-240°, it'll feel like it doesn't turn, and if you're used to higher and try 200-240° you'll scrub the **** out of your front tyres. rF1 and 'other game' players should probably try an increased wheel rotation to help adjust to rF2 tyres that will actually punish you for excessive scrubbing.

Some people drive with 200°, others 450-500° (any higher and full lock is difficult to achieve easily), you can adjust to anything given enough time so just use what feels (and works) right.

No, speed sensitive steering actually reduces the amount of steering lock you apply at high speeds, not just the weight. So if turning the wheel halfway to lock turns the wheels 10° at rest, at full speed it might only turn them 5°. I think 0 speed sensitivity is good, and it's what I use, but as per above people accustomed to 'attacking' high speed turns might want to set it higher to avoid excessive scrubbing. The other option is to analyse their driving and learn to turn only as much as is required, but that's harder than it sounds.

10. Tiger

Tiger Registered

just take a look at their Wheel, when a slow tight angle turn, they never turn it over 220°/240°
    it's a bit more than half complete Wheel turn, and it's fairly enough...
    now, if you speak about the D° rendered to the car's Wheels angle, might be more, but, at Monaco for example they add some degrees to be able to turn in some corners, let's say, going up to 270/280°.
    it's just a matter to look at the Wheel of an F1 car ;)
    if you agre that 360° is a complete turn, you'll never see this with a F1 car, so going over is "weird" ....
    don't you think?
    450° in a F1 seem insane to me... "sorry" ;)
    in a rally car, why not...

11. Tiger

Tiger Registered

Jarmour, copy this in the ffb section of the "your_controler.ini" in the controler folder in User Data, replacing yours, and set the ffb in game to 4.00

[ Force Feedback ]
    Type="1" // Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom
    Ignore controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)
    Skip updates="0" // Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)
    Steering effects strength="8000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Off-road multiplier="0.15000" // Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)
    Steering torque filter="5" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="2.00000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.00000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.20000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="0" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="1.0000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="0.50000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.95000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.20000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.15000" // How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    Rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    Rumble strip pull factor="0.90000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    Rumble strip update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    Jolt magnitude="0.50000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    Throttle effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Throttle effects on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    Throttle spring coefficient="0.10000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Throttle spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Brake effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Brake effects on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Brake spring coefficient="0.30000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Brake spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Clutch effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Clutch spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Gearbox effects on steer axis="1" // 0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Gearbox spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Other spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers
    Other spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers

hope this will help ;)

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

The 220°/240° you mention is in each direction so that would be 440°/480° total, no?

13. Tiger

Tiger Registered

no!
    as I said a 360° is a complete turn...
    how can you imagine a Wheel turning with such ratation degree angled? ( for a F1 of course )
    and playing with words or numbers doesn't make you right ;)
    always consider the turn-lock on one side, and this give you the D° to set in game, isnt'it?
    if you set 400° degree, your Wheel will be able to turn a 400° on each side... which gives you a very unpleasant experience... with a Formula One ;)

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If you set 400° you get 400° total, 200° each way. The max setting on the DFGT/G25/G27 is 900° which gives 450° each way, not 900° each way.

450° total or 225° each way is perfectly reasonable for an F1 car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

15. Tiger

Tiger Registered

I wonder if you ever set your wheel at 450° with a F1 car...
    difficult to explain what you don't want to understand...

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Attached is a photo of a real F1 car at full lock.

How much rotation do you think that wheel has?

17. Tiger

Tiger Registered

photo from Monaco, the only track where they "push" the rotation at max, meaning a little les than 300°...
    bad example to illustrate your misunderstanding ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That wheel is turned approx 225° from centre. So that's 450° lock to lock.

I've driven with 450° for 5 years in rF1/2, including open wheelers. For sure you can't get to full lock quickly, but you don't need to for slow tight corners. But when you need to you can - and still keep one hand fully on the wheel.

* And since you're very quick to dismiss Monaco as a special case, and apparently haven't noticed the amount of lock drivers use to get out of their garage, their mechanics use to get them back into the garage, the amount of lock used at other tracks with very slow corners, and are ignorant despite from a quick google I found you involved in at least one other discussion on this very topic with people showing you you're wrong... here's a vid of Barcelona testing. Check out the garage exit and entry.

"difficult to explain what you don't want to understand" indeed...

no!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
  19. Tiger

Tiger Registered

how can we understand each-other, when you speak about steering lock considering lock to lock,
    and I consider steering lock from center to one side or the other?
    don't tell me that you set your wheel with 450° whatever the car you drive...
    I mean in the control menu of the game, coz it's hard to believe ;)
    it's beeen said also, 900° like in real car... sorry, I don't have this 900° with my car...
    and again 450° on each side makes in fact 900°, complete lock to lock, not steering lock./
    so, may be it's the way things are expressed.
    doesn't matter, I've fun with my 240° ingame steering lock ;)

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

240° in-game is 240° lock-to-lock. So you need to sort out whether you're talking about the in-game figure or not.

You're also replying in a thread regarding a wheel that was set to 900°. This wheel only does 900° lock-to-lock. If you think he meant 900° to each side, you're the one misinterpreting and creating confusion.