[REL] Truck Racing v1.1

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Maug

Maug Registered

Sounds fun. Thanks.

2. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

While just stay, yes the tires shake your wheel because of the tire pressure, which is not the same then any other race car. If you tried a Reiza Truck, you feel the same sometimes, but not same hard like this.

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great job Tommy! Thank you! I tried it and its awesome!

Just one thing...what Car-Specific FFB Mult and FFB Smoothing values you are using in Controls section as the wheel (G25) wants to come off :)

I played a bit with them..decreased FFB Multi and increased FFB smoothing, but wheel still gets very hard to turn at times.

This is great work mate, keep it up ;)

4. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Could someone upload it to mediafire or mega because the dropbox reached its limit for downloads. :)

Thanks for your hardwork!

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Download link doesn't work anymore, too much traffic...

6. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

7. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Thank you for this great mod,just had a 15 lap race around croft,with 15 trucks,,awesome time

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The wicked low caster makes these things VERY hard to drive because the wheel wants to flop over. But they run low caster to help this heavy beast turn the front wheels. Has anyone told Gearjammer about this mod? It's right up his alley LOL

Truck Racing mod at Monaco. Don't look at me like that- like YOU never wanted to race semis around Monaco????

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

obscene. the only thing worse than actually racing something like this is sharing a video of it and suggesting others would participate in such filth. disgusting :p

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So you think that's obscene? Disgusting? Filthy? You ain't seen nothing. I present to you, Macau. On a drying track.

I couldn't even get a realroad profile out of this because the AI couldn't put together enough laps without crashing out! The track started out completely wet but I had a hard time putting together one clean lap. Yes, this video is what I consider "clean" (that's a highly subjective term depending on the track- but I'd like to see YOU nail Melco clean!). I was the only one left alive (except for that one AI in back of me, but I think I saw him leaving on a stretcher next lap). With this video, AI WERE hurt in the filming.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  12. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

LOL Guy

13. Maug

Maug Registered

Is that normal that as soon as i get a little bit of slipage on the front the steering pulls very hard into the corner? I'm on a G25.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yes, it's from the very low caster

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Got to drive it now... pretty interesting stuff.

Sounds could be more loud imo, now it sounds little bit like a bus :p

Looks good and has personal ffb.

Virtual rear mirror didn't work in Putnam Park but not sure if it's the truck or the track.

16. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Hi Tommy

This seem like a nice mod buddy but the force feedback is reversed. Im on a Fanatec CSW with BMW rim.

Sucks but I cant drive it because of this. HOpe you can fix it

Thanks

17. Maug

Maug Registered

Well thanks for the reply. Must take quite some balls to race such a vehicule, it's like if it was trying to kill me every corner hehe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I noticed the pulling too but imo it's quite managable. Though I had to lower ffb multi to 0.25 with my T500RS.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It does feel lie the FFB is reversed, but if you take a mod that allows for very low caster settings you can feel the same effect- although not as extreme. If a car doesn't have power steering you can't have a lot of caster or the driver can't wrestle the wheel to make turns. These trucks have 0 caster and when the wheel is turned, the front wheels will turn a certain amount then kind of flop over like you don't need all the steering force anymore. Indycars have very low caster because they lack power steering. I don't know if racing truks have power steering (I assume they must) but the mass of the vehicle and the size of the wheels makes the low caster necessary.

20. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

I understand what you are saying, however, this is the same FFB behavior found with GSC and Formula truck on Fanatec wheels. It is a known issue, I assume, with the real feel plug in and results in a correction by using reverse FFB which is governed in the Reiza settings menu for this issue. The low caster will result in a different feeling, but not to this extreme. I recommend trying Formula Truck as it is very good to see how the FFB is.